Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Non Spoiler Thoughts on S10 Premier

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Season 10' started by Dnae, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The season 10 premier is now making its rounds to members of press

The following will all be spoiler free and will more than likely deal with the viewers opinion of the episode rather than a play by play of the episode

First posting I have seen is from Brandon Davis of www.comicbook.com

Brandon's first post about receiving the premier episode:
    [​IMG]

And his initial blip a couple hours later which I am assuming by the post was after watching the S10 premier:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Interesting how the show has come full circle. We haven't seen so much praise for a TWD showrunner since Darabont.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know, Gimple received a fair amount of praise for seasons 4 and 5 after the mess that Mazzarra made.

Was he (Gimple) as lauded as Ms Kang seems to be? I would say that she is receiving praise on three fronts:

1. Based on season 9 and previous writing credits, she is damn good at her job
    2. Based on seasons 7 (which I rather liked) and season 8 (shmeh) she had a herculean task to make it right again and by god she did just that.
    3. To take a show entering its 9th season and make it feel fresh again? A show that many had written off as stale? I would think that is quite a rare feat and she did with good ol' fashion story telling.

Not to mention that I do think she understands the characters better than Gimple did. It felt as though the characters we evolving organically rather than trying to manipulate the characters into the plot/story. For me season 9 just seemed to have this ease of flow from one week to the next

The true test will be if she can continue the forward movement throughout season 10

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The s10 premiere is 74 minutes ;)

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Have you seen it, @Neuropyramidal ?

I think it looks pretty good going by what they've shown on the teasers. I'm hoping that because it is Denai G's final season they are going to make her sendoff memorable.

I was ready to hate last season. I actually thought it was pretty good. The fact that they made Daryl interesting was a huge surprise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No I haven't seen it. I just looked at my cable guide and saw the runtime. I've watched episodes early before, and I think its actually more fun to just watch live with everyone else.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think it'll be a memorable sendoff, but a sad one. The Michonne character has always been one of my favorites, but I don't think she's going to survive.