Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

NOS4AT2

Discussion in 'AMC Television' started by Lindigo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

@PepperAnn, When I first saw it on the menu, it was late at night and I was scared to watch it. Later I tried to watch from OnDemand but my "option" was to pay AMC for their premium service. :mad: So I set up a recording on the DVR saying to record reruns. Episode 1 is rerunning tonight.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s halfway thru and I’m bored. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Oh! I'm liking it. It's not too scary for me. I can handle creepy. All of the characters feel real to me.

That rendition of Here Comes the Sun was beautiful.

The Iowan accent surprises me. I like it. At first I thought it was Bostonian.

Also, I wonder if this was the regular premier. Maybe the earlier availability was for the people who pay the extra AMC fee.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah it was. And Premier customers now have all 10 episodes available.

I will be watching episode 4 this evening.

I am enjoying the series. Granted, it is a bit slow paced.

I agree that it is not scary but rather creepy. I like creepy. Not a fan of scary.

I also enjoy that the story has layers. That it is not all about Charlie Manx and Christmasland. We have the other stories to add to the texture. I am enjoying the arc of Vic's parents and the disintegration of their marriage. Of her father's battle with depression and alcoholism. Her mother's fear of being alone. Her (the mothers) attempt to hold on to Vic so tightly that she does not even realize the harm she is doing by not giving her blessing for Vic to pursue discovering her adult self.

And I am so curious to the how's and why's of Maggie and her magic scrabble tiles

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. PepperAnn

She shoves her arm way further than the bag. LOL

After I watched it all I really liked it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindigo

Yes! I am so enjoying all of the different character arcs. I appreciated small details, such as the rich mom sensing danger, not just discord, in the home before Vic, and her protective mothering. The adult sees with an adult's eyes. I like that Vic felt so insulted by the college kids that it impaired her ability to see the openness in the boy who sat with her by the riverside, even after their excellent conversation. I hope he is able to win her trust, but he is in college. The every day struggles are real.

I love the connection between father and daughter. He doesn't see the emotional implications in telling his own child never to have children. He makes his final desertion of the family when Vic is sick. That's awful, but their bond has been weathering daily family brokenness.

I am completely won over by that freaky bridge appearing for Vic out of the past. Maggie is a mystery and a joy. It's all shaping up to be a great ride.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am not sold on society boy. A part of me thinks that he will prove to be a snake in the grass. I hope I am wrong. Vic needs a peer who she can rely on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindigo

What made me trust him was the look on his face when she got up saying she was going to get a glass of water. She didn't see his look, but he was really startled and distressed that she was still hurt. I think he is really hoping to get to know her. And I liked that he didn't ridicule her when she described the bridge. When she said he was crazy, he didn't respond with Which one of us is crazy? as he well might have. He just threw out the random thought of time travel. Doesn't matter that we don't know what it was. I give him points that he just listened and didn't make fun of her.

He is the character we can least have a sense of, which is good story telling since Vic does't have a sense of him.

I'm worried about the janitor, enjoying the comic book but having his attention grabbed by the Christmasland advertisement. He isn't a little boy whose youth can be sucked out of him, so I don't know why Christmasland is out to get him, but he is an innocent, vulnerable to evil. Yikes. I'm rooting for him.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Time will tell

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Lindigo who has an Iowan accent?

It did't grab me by the face and shake me, but there was enough there I'll keep watching. I did read the book and liked it very much. The little boy's face/teeth at the end was pretty great.

11. Lindigo

It's placed in Iowa. I hear a faint accent in several characters once in a while. I would have to pay attention to be able to point it out next time.

Yeah, the little boy's transformation was so well done. First they let his fear inexplicably fade a bit and then a little physical change until he was gradually transformed. I was glad I had already seen the teeth--I wouldn't want to see that for the first time late at night. And the game he was going to learn from the other children in Christmasland--Find a Knife for the Drifter, something like that. :eek:

12. PepperAnn

I love your determination to watch scary things even tho it scares you. <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I must have been zoning out when they mentioned Iowa. That is NOT an Iowa accent. I just assumed it was somewhere on the East Coast, up by New Hampshire/Maine. Iowa just has a flat, Midwestern accent

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Maggie is in Iowa. Vic is in Rhode Island.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

OK, that makes sense. I was kind of horrified if someone making the show thought that's how Iowans sound... :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that was my first and last episode. lol

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am on episode 5 and it is so good. Zachary quinto gets creepier each episode. The supporting cast has stories that add layers to the main narrative and they each envelop a degree of their darkness. And Ashleigh Cummings/vic McQueen is knocking it out of the park. She is an Australian actress who was a supporting character in a show called miss fischer's murder mystery. Her character was shy, demure, mousey. The complete opposite of Vic. Amazing to watch her tackle such a meaty character.

If you give up after one episode you are missing out. I am enjoying the hell out of the series

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. PepperAnn

Glad to read this. I still have last Sunday's on my DVR and I have been avoiding it. I liked the premiere but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

19. Lindigo

Superb show. It has become a must-watch for me. Both the horror element and the everyday life things are spot on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

With all the positive comments I'm probably going to have to give this show a second chance. I quit after the first episode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1