Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

NOS4AT2

Discussion in 'AMC Television' started by Lindigo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Finished the season. I really enjoyed this series. Yes, it does move at a slower pace but the writing is really good and I cannot say enough about the cast that they have assembled. It is for sure a slow burn type of series but I found that the pacing really served a purpose in telling the story.

Zachary Quinto (Charlie Manx) as a bad guy - He was devilishly delicious. His take on his characters older (VERY MUCH OLDER) self was astounding. I forgot in those instances that a young and vibrant Zachary Quinto was portraying that character. And props to the makeup department!

Ashleigh Cummings (Vic McQueen) - She was amazing! She is 26 years old - if I had not known her from previous work I would have never suspected she was a woman portraying a teenager. While she seems to be quite popular in Australia I am hoping this role will shed a bit of the spotlight on her and we see her land more roles.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Chris McQueen) - What a beautiful understated performance from him. He hit all the right notes. It would have been so easy to play this character by the same old tired formula. Instead he offered a different take. We actually see this character and all of his layers. The good, the bad and the ugly. In my opinion there are two tragic characters in this series and Chris McQueen is one of them.

Olafur Darri Olafsson (Bing Partridge) - Never have I felt such sadness and fear at the same time in regard to a character. The character, and by extension Mr. Olafsson's take on the character, was the stuff that all actors dream of having a chance to play. Sad, tragic, childlike, lonely, insecure, bitter, angry - he envelops all of these things. I found myself wanting to simultaneously throw the remote at him (on screen) and then hug him.

The child actors - these kids were not given an easy task. They are asked to go to some very dark places and they each do so with a level of ability that far surpasses their years.

These are the stand outs to me but the rest of the supporting cast is equally amazing.

Thank goodness my daughter and son in law are only on episode 5. Gives me reason to re-watch again!

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You need a job as a series or movie reviewer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

awwwww that is sweet

That would such an awesome job

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well you rock at it. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

WOW. A whole new level of :eek::eek::eek:. Loved it.

Bing's house was fascinating. Quite a warren of weirdness for a guy on a custodian's salary.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

What is the last episode you have watched?

7. Lindigo

I don't want to say too much because other people may not have watched yet. Vic's mom says, with insight that Vic immediately recognizes, something like, Your dad *is* good. He's also bad. The trouble is you only see the good.

And we saw flashbacks of young Bing and an older Bing interacting with each parent.

That should identify the episode, I think. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh yes, such good episode with one helluva WTF moment. Well more like two separate WTF moments

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lindigo

YAY!!! OF COURSE I'm still watching! I don't understand how anyone can resist it! It feels like just you and me, though, so I quit posting about it. But I'm still rapt for every episode and surprised by every twist. My last episode ended with a game of Scissors for the Drifter. I don't understand how the police became involved. That's all I can even wonder about without a spoiler box since I'm still hoping others will start watching. Fingers crossed.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Lindigo and @Dnae

I'm still watching too - it's been very good I thought. I am a couple episodes behind though, so don't post about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I finished the season weeks ago. I subscribed to AMC premier for season 9 of TWD and then I kept it for NOS4A2 and next for Preacher and WHAM TWD season 10 will be premiering

I really enjoyed it and @tink it gets better with each passing episode

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lindigo

Two hours tonight! I've been looking forward to it all week! :)

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

15. Lindigo

Yes! I watched it twice last night, and I need to watch it again today while my brain is fully awake.

#35 Lindigo, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I finally watched the first 2 episodes of this show last night. I like the overall concept, although some aspects of the Vic and tile-girl viewpoints come across almost as if they are aimed at teens. And sometimes the characters act in ways that don't exactly seem logical, such as Vic's father's new bartender girlfriend immediately stating that Vic can come live with them, without any discussion about it, after Vic just simply says "Mom and I....we.....". And even though her mother and her were having some differences, she would really consider living with her father's wild acting drinker gf who just helped break up their family, living in a room that also served as the gf's 'craft room', an improvement over that??

So far this show is a bit borderline for me, but I plan on trying it awhile longer. For me, right now, the Bing and Manx sections of the story are holding it afloat for me.

17. Neuropyramidal

Just finished episode 4, and I'm starting to get drawn in a little bit more, although its still kind of a borderline show for me.

18. Neuropyramidal

Bing's real life wife

[​IMG]