Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Not Fade Away- Story Sync

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Neuropyramidal

Looking at the map of our safe zone [SZ India], it appears to approximately 2 square miles in size. That's a lot of people. Two square miles of a relatively densely packed residential area may have, what, 5 to 10 thousand people? Some of them died, some where probably not home at the time the wall went up, and some of the geography may be industrial/commercial instead of residential sections, so, we'll say 2-3 thousand people are in here. This is no Alexandria. ;)

3. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

What are the numbers in the right hand column, all in the three to four thousand range? Population of each zone?

4. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

Here's a pic of the map and yeah, I think the numbers are population totals.

[​IMG]

I actually followed the StorySync live as I watched the episode and it was actually pretty useful.

The polls today are much more skewed towards the obvious than when it was live, but it's interesting to see the judgement calls people would make. For example, about 3/5 people voted to check out the morse code/light message at the top of the hill. I was part of the minority that voted "not my problem".

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I'm most like Madison - yay!

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

So that makes more than 12 Million people just gone?
    I just do not understand?

7. Kilroy was here

It should be Safe Zone Bravo, not Beta. It looks like they're still getting no advice or technical assistance from the military.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

There is an Air Force radar installation in the middle of SZ Delta.

[​IMG]

I think the SZ's are run by the 12 Lords of Cobalt.

9. Neuropyramidal

Well, they've used 'Bravo' a couple times so far over the walkies, so they must have chosen Beta over Bravo on purpose for whatever reason. Or perhaps the low level intern who created this map for the website is just ignorant of the military alphabet.

As for the numbers, I thought they were just a code or designation of some sort, because the safe zones seem to come in quite different sizes yet the numbers are all fairly close. But it could be the populations.

10. Byanyothername

Byanyothername New Member

I thought they were populations at first too but around the edge of the map numbers so they are more likely coordinates

11. Neuropyramidal

I hadn't noticed those coordinates on the grid. You are absolutely right, the first two numbers are the 2 digit longitude that the SZ is closest to, and the second two numbers are the 2 digit latitude. Although some of them are wrong.

12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If Travis etc are in safe zone India, perhaps Nick+Liza are taken to safe zone Alpha, which might be the headquarter of the military?

13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

They are setting up a big Negan type war to happen in the future without even having to leave the city. After looking at this I am thinking the whole series is going to take place in the L.A. area.

I don't think they would have gone to the trouble of doing all this if they were just going to have the group hit the country during season 2.

14. Neuropyramidal

Well, to be fair, they didn't really do much did they? This is just a map that someone put together for the story sync. It could play out that all the safe zones fall in early S2. Although I do agree that they are likely to spend a lot of time in an urban setting, specifically because they want to avoid giving it too much of a TWD feel. But I'm still betting they leave L.A. at some point, maybe by the end of S2.

15. Kilroy was here

The latter would be my guess; although, it's odd they managed to get the other 11 correct. If it's intentional then presumably there's something special about that safe zone, in which case it would be strange to use an oddball name, since that would just draw attention to something the military probably doesn't want standing out.