Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Not many gabriel posts

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by JEA13, Dec 1, 2014.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Not many posts about Father Gabriel storyline . I was wondering if others thought it was "filler" or good to include. Did he not believe Gareth's group were cannibals so that is why he went to check out school? What do others think of the character so far? I havent read comics, so is there any potential for him?

2. Airborne

Airborne Member

Boring

In the comics he is explained a lot better and has a better story.

3. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

I find him extremely annoying, and i'm kinda few up with al those symbolic shots.
    We got it bruh that you're suffering all the time and that it's extremely hard for a man of god.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I was furious that he led the walkers back to the church. :zombies_mad:

So if I just found him boring up until the last epi, I now find him downright annoying.

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Gabriel as some do since he's been a consistently weak individual from the start and he's also been isolated from the world for a long time.

With that said, I thought a fitting end for him would've been to have them not open up the doors to the church, the same way he didn't for his congregation. He made his choice going outside and to remove the plank put Judith in jeopardy.

6. Charmander

Charmander Member

Just a way to get them all out of the church and on the road again I presumed.

7. BrainBurger

BrainBurger New Member

I don't understand the part when they got Gabriel back into the church, how it went from 1 walker getting through the barricade to heap of them Within seconds very un-logical

8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I was yelling at him not to lead the walkers to the church. What an idiot. I was hoping he would die in the church.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

For a minute there I was sure that he was going to die on those stairs, it would have been ironic for him to die that way all considered.

But in my mind it just happened because Michonne wasn't able to get to the door on time and Carl alone wouldn't have been able to do anything, I just can't see her purposely leaving him out there even though he did put them in danger.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what Gabriel expected to see at the school. I guess he went to there to find out why the hunters needed to be exterminated, but did he really think he was going to see Bob's leg when he got there?

11. Hershell Walker

a lot of question marks arose in this midseason finale in my opinion. first the whole Gabriel thing with the school and then him leading the walkers back... I guess the writers had to think of a way to get the people out of the church like another commenter ^ said. Then the whole beth thing... I really didn't get why she was killed at that moment... no explanation at all. stupid episode overall

12. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I wanted that to happen, to have them not get through the barricade in time and have him die the same way he caused all those other people died. Plus, I just hate his character, so I am ready for him to do.

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

That would have been an interesting ironic "mini arc" ending. They could have been made your ending slightly milder by having Michonne try to open door but be too late. Divine justice for father Gabriel. His constant whining is starting to annoy me.

14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I posted my other comment before reading yours and I repeated some of your stuff.

15. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I don't think it was filler. At least I hope it wasn't. I hope it develops his character a bit more to realize that this group is good, at least better than him, because they let him in the church instead of leaving him out to die.

I will say this...I like the way the actor is playing the character. I totally buy his weak and afraid and cowardly character. I just hope that he has some kind of a turn around because he is beginning to be annoying no matter how much I appreciate the acting job. lol

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What would be boring is if every character was a ZA-hardened warrior who always knew how to fight. A cast full of Rick's, Daryl's, and Michonne. The atypical underdogs add seasoning to the show. Having the Gabriel's and the Eugene's tagging along makes each situation a bit more interesting.

17. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

I think it would been more ironic if he was locked out and died outside his church, just as he let all those people die.

18. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Agree with this. And there is no doubt tremendous potential for development from his backstory. There have to tremendous ramifications for a man who's dedicated his life to God trying to deal with a ZA. He's already murdered his congregation due to his own cowardice. It's just that with so many other characters in need of a story there's no time for him to work through the whiny, crying phase.

19. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Why couldn't he get back into the church the same way he got out?

20. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Eugene running slower than the 3 zombies that were after him will probably be one of my favorite memories of the show! :D