Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Not so positive about MM54

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - MM 54' started by Sharpie61, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I took it as Charlie trying to be positive for Alicia...I highly doubt they thought it was a literal beach.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah that definitely made me scratch my head. LOL

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Alicia had just said that she wanted to find the beach for Charlie because she needed something "good" so when they saw the flooded water, Charlie was trying to put a positive spin on it. They definitely didn't think it was a beach.

4. PepperAnn

Yeah I guess. Lol

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not even think that the water where Strand and John have the gator throwdown is a river, nor a lake. If it was a body of water that was there prior to the hurricane it was probably nothing more than a pond (if even that).

Charlie stated that the body of water they come upon is not shown on the map. Also, either Strand or John made mention of flash flooding which is how they became stranded on the so called island which was more than likely just a bit of land at a higher elevation and therefore not overtaken by the flood waters. Hurricane's can dump massive amounts of water and in that area of Texas all it takes is one person to sneeze and the streets flood.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yeah, of course neither one thinks it was equivalent to a real beach. Your explanation that it was Charlie being nice makes sense. For me, it was unbelievable plot nonsense to get Charlie down to the water line to find John's hat. I would have prefered her glancing down, seeing the light glint off of the studs and wondering Hey, what's that, and then taking a little detour down to look. Not much better. Still has the on-going problem of convenient plot coincidences, but not as ridiculous as saying the bank was like a beach.

7. yuke

yuke Member

Was I the only one thinking that when Charlie walked up to the flooded river that the gator was going to jump out and eat her?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lindigo

You mean the hat? They better give it back to John!

9. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Or Carl!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

No, but ill add to it and say i was SOOOO hoping.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I didn't mean you-you, I was talking about the general direction of this discussion. Madison was crap, and the actress was very bad too. She had her moments in season 3, but that was out of character (but she's overall as coherent as Morgan so no surprise). Nick might have been the "soul" of this show, but he wanted out, so meh.

Hoping, just like Apollonia. The more death in this show, the better. I hope for a deadly season finale with just Alicia standing. Maybe Dorie if they can stop making him so bland.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@NakedCity I can say without reservation that the only reason I watched the entire episode was for the possibility to have a scene or two with Alicia. But this back half of season 4 they may as well stick a leather trench coat on her and call her Jesus....she got a wee bit more of a story than he did for one episode but everything else has been about the new people.

Morgan and Alicia need to go to Alexandria, leave everyone else in Texas. If they find Taqa and Crazy Dog along the way they can let them tag along. But that is it. No one else. The rest of them have to stay in Texas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL....damn, we are a tough crowd LMAO

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

We're passionate because we want the show to be better. Like you, I really hate shitting on the show. I hate being negative and letting either show piss me off. I also know that just because I don't like something doesn't mean others dislikes it as well. Case in point, the last two seasons of TWD. While not nearly as good as previous seasons, I still like them. Hell, Daryl is still my favorite character even though many have turned on the poor, smelly, guy.

Season 3 of FTWD was so good, the writing, the characters, everything about that season was amazing. This season has been a complete dumpster fire. The characters constantly make stupid decisions, the writing has so many holes in it and has been terrible, overall. The entire feel and vibe of the show has changed. If I started watching the show from 401, I would be so lost on why people liked this show to begin with. It's just terrible television.

I, like you, will continue to watch, probably for the same reason. We hope it will get better. The first half I swore they were building towards something, it never happened. So I assumed that half was setting up the second half. Well two episodes left and that hasn't happened either.

When decisions are so obviously bad I try to figure out why people made them. At first I figured they were bringing Morgan over and "soft rebooting" the series to get more TWD viewers to come over. But since this season has been so abysmal, I'm starting to wonder if that wasn't the plan. You know how when your kid messes up and ground them or take something away from them. It's a parents way of saying "You think life is so bad.....I'll take things away so you learn to appreciate what you have". I'm wondering if that isn't what is happening here. AMC is saying "Oh, so you think the writing on TWD has been bad, here I'll show you bad writing." So maybe we will appreciate TWD more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. NakedCity

And please set Texas on fire. You can leave Morgan there too.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. ange

ange New Member

Always a day late to the party.. :)

But here goes. Where to start, really? Well, the walkers are just about the noisiest creatures left on earth, so how Martha managed to sneak up on so many people is beyond me. She tried to kill the group, yet when she pops out of the back of the van, they shoot her then have a good long chat before they bother with her again. They escape up a very convenient road with a 'hospital' sign, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, yet later scenes show the hospital is smack bang in the middle of a city.

When they get to the hospital, they barricade themselves in with items on wheels (?). Then instead of hiding, every one of them have loud chats while standing about 2 feet from the barricaded doors, thereby sending said walkers into a frenzy. Not sending someone out of another door to distract them or anything that any sensible person would do.

Then the hospital has a functional generator. With fuel...

And the last two 'WTF's' were Alicia and Charlie apparently stumbling on to Strand and Dorie in the vast expanse of Texas (are they still in Texas?) and 'Charlie' becoming 'Carl'.

I expect that next season will have a 'Mick', a 'Darren'', a 'Karen' and a wild cat named 'Sheba'. 'Talking' struggled again to add anything to the conversation through lack of material. Next week will see Jenna have several 10 minute speeches about her 'craft'. I can only hope that the next two eps have a classic ''Walking Dead' fight and escape, and that Sinbad is right about Madison returning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NakedCity

Oh, the pacing was so off there!!! You see crappy-Martha waiting for her cue in a few shots, just standing by the door, waiting for the chit-chat to come back to her. Felt a lot like amateur-theatre. I guess Lou Diamond Phillips isn't quite Stanley Kubrick yet.

Can someone find these shots? I'm pretty sure they'd be great with slapstick Benny Hill music.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lindigo

I think this is the first time absolutely everyone has hated an episode in the Dead franchise. Too bad we didn't have a numbered rating thread for this one.

19. PepperAnn

zeroes across the board. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Lmao. Yes. Its just a little girl doing what she can to make an adult feel like the succeeded at her task. I don't think either of them thought they were at Shoal Bay, Antigua. I thought it was fine. They were on a newly made shore from a flood and it was like "you know what, we're at the beach f*ck it". I thought it was a light moment during a time of desperation, and its probably the kind of thing people would be saying in an apocalypse. I probably would.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1