Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Not Very Popular

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Sicut Cervus' started by Terminator, May 16, 2016.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Can tell by the lack of threads after an episode that this show isn't very popular. If this was a TWD episode we'd be on the second page of threads by now.

2. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

True. It was lame.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Then stop watching it?

4. Sco

Sco Member

Agreed, I still tune in hoping it gets good, but there really is nothing to latch on to for me.

FTWD is very forgettable.

5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

No it is not nearly as popular as TWD but it is doing extremely well for a spinoff series. Only a portion of the TWD audience was bound to be interested in this show regardless.

6. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Spin offs are never going to be as popular as the original. But as far as spin offs go AMC is killin' it. Better Call Sal and FTWD, not too shabby. I want the FTWD world to overlap with TWD on screen, thatd be sweet.

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think most TWD fans just watch this one because its in the same zombie universe as TWD. Its a decent show but I don't think we are getting attached to these characters at all. So we don't care as much about certain outcomes.

8. lastcat3

Actually I know quite a few people who are become really interested in these characters. No not to the extent of the TWD characters but that is not to be expected either.

9. lastcat3

dhdhdh33 wouldn't be able to come online and say how much the show sucks if he stopped watching though.

10. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

If this wasn't a Walking Dead spinoff, I don't think I'd still be watching it. I thought season 1 was fantastic, and I wish they'd fleshed it out a lot more. The earliest days of the outbreak are the parts that I was most interested in seeing in FTWD, and we're long past that now. The time jump in season 1 was a mistake in my opinion.

I'm still watching, and I'll continue watching, but I'm not really expecting great things out of it. The latest episode was a snooze fest in my opinion.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

Um, the show has been a massive success. Like above posters have mentioned: it's a spin off.. It deserves merit for how well it's doing.

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I also think less people are gonna frequent forums in summer time, people just go out and do more around this time of year. Even non TV forums I go are quieter in summer months. That probably plays a little bit of a role into it.

13. lastcat3

Exactly. People's assertions about it not doing very good might be warrented if for instance TWD was over and AMC was counting on this show to take over the mantle for all of the TWD television universe. But that isn't at all what AMC is expecting of Fear. All they are expecting of it is to fill up the calendar year with Walking Dead on television.

And in that it is doing probably as well as anyone would have hoped. It is going toe to toe with Game of Thrones and still getting good enough ratings to be the second highest rated cable program for the week.

14. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

I actually think its very well written... Perhaps a bit deeper than "The Walking Dead". Its doing a lot more to "flesh out the villains" than the television adaptation of TWD did. Thats my one complaint about TWD - if you haven't read the comic - your left with a sense of "Uhm, who the hell is this guy and what is his major malfunction"? Think about this - in TWD the Governor was portrayed as some random dude with a bunch of heads in fish tanks who kills National Guardsmen for sport, and who sends Merle out to assassinate the chick who leaves town. In Fear, we have seen the National Guard behaving badly. Essentially putting civilians into concentration camps, making "enemies of the state" disappear, wantonly killing civilians, deserting en masse, trying to intimidate people with veiled threats, bribery / extortion of prisoners, car jacking, attempted rape, etc... Thats not even considering "Operation Cobalt" itself.... Makes the Governor's killing of the National Guard soldiers, and the helicopter pilot, a lot less "random". We see what happened when they let Alex go - which makes the order to hunt down and kill Michonne a lot more logical. This whole "Cartel Death Cult" zombies in the wine cellar thing is a lot more logical than "veterinarian who has a doctoral degree in a life sciences field but who is still too stupid to tell whether someone is sick or dead" keeping a barn full of walkers while waiting for a cure. Pretty much the only "TWD" villain they have ever "fleshed out" on TV are the "Termites". We never did get an explanation on The Governor, The Claimers, The Cross Cops, The Wolves, etc....

15. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

But then how on earth could they complain about it?? Come on......

16. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

We are now on Page 2 of the threads. :-D

17. Poppy

Poppy Member

IMO the mini episode Flight 462 was better than any of the FTWD episodes. I would have followed that script even if I wasn't already a TWD fan.

After saying that, If I wasn't already into TWD universe, this show would not have gotten me interested, and I wouldn't be watching it.

#17 Poppy, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  18. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I like the show this season. It's not the same for me as watching The Walking Dead, but I think it's an improvement on Season 1.