Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Oatmeal burgers, goat cheese, and tomatoes

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Ubiq, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Maybe I'm missing something but did Eastman ever really explain to Morgan why he became a vegetarian?

2. TROR

TROR Member

All life is precious

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Emphasis on all.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

As a bonus, it was sustainable. He could have killed the goat and had meat for a day or two, but keeping it alive meant he had a renewable source of cheese and milk.

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

partly because of the all life is precious thing - partly because there really isn't any meat around anymore. doesn't make much sense to kill the goat for a onetime meal when he can try to use it as a renewable food source.

6. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Seems like in a ZA where 90+ percent of the population is gone, there'd be deer and wild game all over the place. With no hunters, cars or loss of habitat created by humans, I would think the deer population would explode.

7. Zombie_Rhino

perhaps there are no hunters with guns like we used to thinking about, but there are zombies a plenty looking to eat those animals, no? the ZA basically turned EVERYONE into a hunter.

8. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I second what Zombie_Rhino says. The survivors are hungry and will definitely take whatever they can hunt, but don't forget there's also zombie's who'd like a nice juicy deer.

9. drifter77

drifter77 Member

So zombies are running after deer and catching them and eating them? Can't say as I've ever seen a living human pull that off. Of course, zombies do seem to have superhuman powers when the story needs them too (particularly finger and jaw strength).

10. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Err it wouldn't be the first time we see them eating wildlife.

11. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

How lucky for Eastman- goat cheese & tomatoes...yum! I'll have to watch again, but I thought Eastman mentioned falafel? Even better!

Sad, that we never saw Eastman offer Morgan any cheese.

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You mean, "all ANIMAL life is precious." He doesn't care at all about how many plants he maims or murders.

13. elpack

elpack New Member

There would be lots of abandoned things survivors could find. But, just as our beloved characters get very dirty - women never have to shave their legs or arm pits, they walk hours without needing a pee break, or a decent pee spot... there's car dealers that surely had cars in stock in their lots - parking lots all over.. but of course if you find a car and drive slowly on the completely empty road, use your emergency flashers...
    there's not enough survivors to have taken all the canned food from hundreds of stores - it goes on. It's all part of our suspension of reality.

14. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Eastman did mention falafel! When he was shooting at Morgan. Now all they need is some olive oil.

15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Gentleheart, Eastman told Morgan he had damaged the gate and a tomato plant and he needed to fix it. I had no idea how you fix a tomato plant, so that made me smile. Maybe it needed to be resettled into the earth and get a nice watering. :)

Tomato plants live only one year. Eastman has to be saving seeds for the next year, so he is helping them survive. I don't think plants mind when you take their fruit, unless you are in Oz. Ditto the peas or beans or whatever it takes to make falafel. I think the plants are fine with being harvested. When I pick apples and the branches rebound up higher than they were when they were loaded, it seems to me the tree is happy to be lighter. If the crop isn't thinned, branches break.

16. Morgotha

Patient Reader, I'm sure he found a rationalization that onions and carrots didn't mind being ripped bodily from the ground, skinned alive, and shoved into his gaping, slavering maw... they probably enjoyed it! I'm sure he felt that Tabitha liked being detained and forced to produce milk every day for him, although she had no kid to suckle. Over time, I'm sure that would cause her body damage too, such as a markedly higher chance of developing mastitis and possibly osteoporosis, not to mention being engorged 24/7. I'm sure Tabitha was good with that, I mean after all, if Eastman decided to detain a woman and forced her to produce milk for him every day, she'd be good with that, right?

We aren't plants. In order to live, we must kill some other form of life. While one's conscience might dictate one form of life is acceptable and another is not, the fact of taking life to save ours remains.

#16 Morgotha, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  17. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I can't stand Goat Cheese.

19. Morgotha

LOL! Me either.

20. Zombie_Rhino

no - of course they are not running, but perhaps a herd of zombies can trap some deer. hell, they took down a horse on multiple occassions. also, they can use their super secret ninja skills to sneak up on the deer as they have to done to many former survivors