Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Oceanside's story about the Saviors

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by DragonRacer, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Chiron

Chiron Member

Dunno. Whatever they are trying to sell me with TV Negan I am having trouble buying. We are already in the middle of an end of the world apocalyptic scenario with reanimated brainstem corpses eating people's flesh and all sorts of walker dismemberment and guts so duh apecrazy and brutal are covered. I get this Negan carrying a wooden bat not Mjolnir of Asgardian metal uru, occasionally having his men protect him while he bludgeons people at close range and this is meant to be consistently terrifying. He then struts around being lechy and telling really bad jokes. I don't see his political astuteness or grand plan/slick skills to enslave so many communities. He just robs them to keep up his lifestyle and somehow people acquiesce and don't put a bullet in his brain or maybe he is darn quick with that bat. Half the epis on the saviours show us " the following is a dramatic stunt to show you we own you/ control you lest you forget blah de blah...now give us your liquor and oil paintings" They didn't even know Gregory was alive or that Rick and Hilltop had a deal. So how is all of this enslavement and complex politics across settlements possible? Charisma? No. Negan is not charming or influencing anybody into following him into some new world order. His men are thickos : that's it. Maybe he convinced Simon ok I give him that one.

At this dire Oceanside bullcrap community (I volunteer them as the first nuke site to test effects on zombies) we get more - here is how powerless we are against this group - but on another level in that Negan now kills basically kiddies too en masse? Gimpy seems to be struggling to convince us of this larger than life comic icon. He isn't translating very well and Kirkman should give him a kick up the wazoo.

I liked watching Tara in the dumptruck scene and realised when I thought it was Heath that had turned how much I can't take any more of our people dying now. My stomach dropped thinking it was him. And I didn't like him all that much even. I just felt so sad thinking he had got bitten. The epi itself was meh to me and at times downright bizarre ( doctor Quinn medicine woman ladling stew, permatanned women by the sea yet Tara jogging round the corner to ASZ come to mind).

2. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Agree. In addition, I think Negan is a psychopath. He has no rules for who or how he will kill beyond what, at the moment, gives him the thrill and pleasure of the power to maim, mutilate, torture, terrorize and kill. This is internal to Negan's mind and mood and has nothing (really) to do with how his victims behave, beyond the gamesmanship of it. He is evil incarnate. Devious, sneaky but most importantly driven by the momentary whim of his sadistic urges. There is no point trying to find a pattern or rationale for his behavior -- regardless of whatever lies he tells about it. Charming when he wants to be, Negan cannot be trusted for a split second. There is one thing and one thing only to do to defend against Negan: kill him; then kill all of his followers with the possible exception for individual mercy where warranted. And never look back.

3. BlackLightning

The only time when a person is beyond redemption or atonement is death.

Where there is life, there is possibility: possibility includes redemption and change. Granted, the person has to want to redeem themselves...but, as long as they are alive, there is a chance of redemption.

Trust is a very different story.

That said, I am pro-death penalty.