Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Odd things that jumped out at me during the show

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Morgotha, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

1. When the truck stops, Abraham didn't jump up in the back of it and thump the walkers from safety, but gets right in front of them. Being a he-man = unsafe.

2. Having a safe house is a pretty good idea in that it was unmolested by walkers, and was in walking distance of the prison for a beat-up Rick. OTOH, a group of bandits ALSO thought the house was a nice place, so there are serious dangers to going where other people can easily go as well.

3. Maybe it's a Midwest thing, but I STILL can't get over Michonne squirting the cheez-whiz on her face and the ground when they are short of food with no more in sight. "Waste not, want not".

4. Michonne again: You go into a creepy room where you think there's danger. Do NOT pull out your sword beforehand like carl did going into a normal room with his weapon? And you're the one that's been surviving on your own?

5. Driving. Tara tells glenn when he wakes up that they were driving for THREE HOURS! I'm thinking even at 30mph thats going on a 100 mile walk back! That's long hike with all that gear and short rations (and Glenn's injuries)! Hmm... I guess the one other thing they probably *should* have done is taken one of the batteries out of the truck. It would be heavy, but they could put it in a backpack and have a chance at starting a car they found as opposed to walking the whole way.

6. The expression "wet on Water"? I've never heard that before. Is that a new pc version of "white on rice"? Or is Abraham a very sensitive guy that wouldn't want to offend Glenn?

7. "It's classified"! I'd tell that guy to shove it then and there. 95% of the world is dead and you're keeping secrets? First, I'd want to hear what the guy had to say to see if he was just looney tunes or not, and if not, I'd insist he start *writing everything important down* in case he got bitten!

8. Bizarre that the mullett doc hasn't learned to shoot yet, either that or he's a psycho that wanted to blow up the truck for some reason. I'd go with option "a" though as he was body shooting the walkers.

9. Rick made the show for me leaving the bathroom door open after killing that guy! Rock on Rick using a zombie as a weapon and covering your tracks at the same time!

10. The Sanctuary sign had no arrow saying which way to go. How did they know they were walking towards it and not away from it, or did I miss something?

To anyone who read this whole thing, thanks!

2. JesseJames

JesseJames New Member

I kept wondering about Michonne not drawing her sword, but then I remembered, not sure if it's correct, that one of the fastest strikes you can make with a Katana begins with drawing the sword and the follow-through into a slash...

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Point 5 is what bothered me the most. 3 hours driving? You wouldn't even make that walk in a non zombie apocalypse. It would take weeks!!!! Glenn is NOT thinking at all.

Point 7 also bothers me. I can't see the government keeping that classified when there are just a few human beings left in the world. That would be really stupid of them. You want everyone to have as much information about the zombies as possible. Knowing how they started would be a way to clue people in on how to stop them.

The rest I'm either cool with or can sweet off the rug, but these two things really made me think..

#3 Spidey, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

He is thinking though. They have no other choice since the idiot Eugene broke the car. Glenn is thinking about Maggie and the rest of his family. He can't just go to DC and forget about them. Long walk or not. They're his family. He can't not go back

5. Titanium_SCAR

Titanium_SCAR New Member

Point 8- I think Abe and Rosita have been doing all the shooting to protect Eugene since he's so important.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Glenn made the choice to walk it before the car was destroyed. It's not just a long walk. It's not physically possible. I understand he wants to be with his family, but realistically, his only options were to ditch his family or die. It would take a week to do that walk without zombies to worry about. Probably 2 to 3 with.

7. Sadie Dixon

And for point 7. I have a feeling Eugene is lying and he's not a scientist at all. He seems more like a sociopath then anything. He isn't even smart enough to use a gun...there's no way he's a scientist. There's something wrong with him

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I buy that. I think he is lying as well. The classified thing sounds like total balogney.

9. Sadie Dixon

He'd rather die...to be honest so would I. I couldn't go on with some random people...staying with these people for years...and just to forget about them and move on. I couldn't do it...and Glenn said in previous episodes all he cares about is Maggie. Even more then himself. So at this point he'd rather die trying to find her

10. Morgotha

but does he really still think they'll be there when he shows up 3-4 days later? Better to have asked where the nearest town was and try to get to that and find a vehicle, even a bicycle! But to just start a hundred mile walk when you're beat up and overloaded with gear? off the turns recorded on Tara's arm? How many turns with directions IS that on rural roads? I don't think he's likely to make it. And Maggie's going in the other direction! He must know this, as if she was alive and going in the same direction, they would have passed her driving away from the prison.

11. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

These two things stood out as weird to me, too.

The guy who knows how to save to world won't tell anyone else how to save the world? Despite this, they do not teach the one man who can save everyone how to defend himself? Even though they need to get to DC to save everyone, they're just going to follow Glenn in the opposite direction of DC because, "What else are we gonna do?"

Huh? What else are you gonna do? You could keep walking in the direction you were headed and save the freaking world, I guess. :zombies_lol:

Something is totally up with them.

12. Sadie Dixon

They're obviously gonna meet up though..so it doesn't really matter how realistic it is. I'm sure they'll find a car to hot wire or something in the next episode with them in it

13. Morgotha

LOL! you're right, of course. They'll probably meet up on the train tracks in front of the "Sanctuary this way" sign.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

For him to only make it in 3 to 4 days he would have to walk 33 miles a day. Considering, at full health and fully nourished, the average person takes about 20 minutes to walk a mile, we are looking at 11 hours of walking a day without stopping once if he wants to make it in 3 days. Even without zombies to worry about, it would realistically take him about a week to get there.

I guess if he hot wires a car then it's a different story!

#14 Spidey, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  15. Sadie Dixon

I think Abraham and Rosita are normal..I think Eugene has been lying to them though. There's no way in hell he's a scientist. He's a clueless sociopath

16. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Yeah that didn't make much sense. The whole fight between Glen and Abe was pointless as well to me. I guess they just needed to add some drama. If going to DC was the mission at hand and the fate of mankind depended on it, I would have let Glen go about his own way.

And Eugene is just sketchy anyway. He had a smirk on his face after shooting up the truck...

17. Morgotha

I know. I was trying to be charitable to the Glenn lovers. If I remember right the Roman Army used to march about 20 miles a day. In my head then I was figuring 5-6 days, but like I said, didn't want to offend anyone. They also don't appear to be carrying enough food and water for heavy exertion for 5-6 days, but I guess with the power of t.v., it'll work out somehow.

18. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

It's possible.

Rosita hasn't really done enough for me to get a good idea on what kind of person she is, but Abraham seems like a 'take no shit' kind of character. It must have been a pretty good lie! xD

I don't think I'd follow someone who said they could save the world, but couldn't tell me how.

19. fullkrause

fullkrause Member

I liked how Abe talked about that truck over in whatever foreign country!?!? I know our military trucks have to make it back over here sometime, but it's not like you get to bring home the truck you drove in Iraq like its a gun or something,lol!! Just found that funny!!

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I wish the writers just said they only went one hour away. Everything would have been better.