Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Odd things that jumped out at me during the show

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Morgotha, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I didn't like that fight either. Glenn *just* wakes up from his exhaustion collapse and then punches a guy that's twice as big as him and turns his back on him? Then doesn't turn around when he hears the guy shouting? In the ZA when people get killed for anything? Unbelievable. I'm mostly surprised that Abraham didn't shoot him in the back and Tara with him, but then I don't know his character yet.

2. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

thank god for the edit room...after a commercial break they can just edit him back at the bus with pit stains lol

3. LAC9577

LAC9577 Member

The average person walks 3 miles and hour...it would not take a week. Add to that the desperation of finding your "wife"...you would at least try!

#23 LAC9577, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Morgotha

LOL! was it supposed to be the same truck? that is funny. I thought he was making a general reference to other trucks he had known.

5. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

I agree with 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

4) It doesn't seem like Michonne to leave her sword sheathed when clearing a room. It hurt my brain trying to understand why she didn't bother being prepared to fight, just in case.
    5) The car battery thing - very interesting point. You figure they're about to backtrack 3 hours of driving on foot, so why not scavenge the truck for every little thing they could possibly need? Especially when Eugene indicated that they had intended on acquiring a new vehicle.
    7) "It's classified" my ass. I wouldn't venture all the way to DC with some weird guy sporting a mullet unless he told me exactly what his plan and intentions were. Of course, comic fans should know what to expect from Eugene at this point. Let's hope the show surprises us.
    8) I said the same exact thing in this incident. You're spending the zombie apocalypse with an Army NCO and you didn't bother learning how to properly operate an assault rifle? Even pizza delivery boy Glenn knows how to shoot an assault rifle.
    9) Achievement Unlocked - Hide & Seek Champion of the Zombie Apocalypse
    10) Ha! I didn't think about that until I read it from your post. Good point. Did we miss something here? Someone please indicate otherwise.

6. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

I understood it, at least from Glenn's point of view.

I don't understand why Abraham was fighting so hard to get Glenn to come with them, though. I agree that I would've let Glenn walk if I were them. If I were on a mission to save the world, and some random unconscious guy I picked up 3 hours earlier who I hadn't even talked to wanted off the ride, I'd let him.

Definitely sketchy!

7. Morgotha

they were likely driving at about 30 miles per hour, for 3 hours, is at least 90 miles. walking at 3mph carrying all that gear and not having to slow down for walkers, take time to find a secure spot to sleep, find water, etc. you're still looking at 3, 10 hour days of walking, and that's assuming they were going 30. what if it was 40mph? 120 miles?

I've gone on some hikes in a day that were 5 or six miles, and that was enough for me for the day. doing THIRTY miles a day for three days straight carrying gear? I don't think many people will pull that off.

8. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

With all that driving, maybe Glenn is actually the closest to Sanctuary! xD

9. Morgotha

I was having real trouble with trying to figure Abraham's character out. If he was a bad guy, he would have shot glenn and tara when they didn't come with him and looted their supplies. They were walking away after all, and he's good at headshots. OTOH, if he's a good guy and believes he's on a mission to save the world, why start going in the other direction from your mission to help a guy try and find his wife that you believe is dead or gone? I can't figure it out yet.

10. Morgotha

Probably! Of course he has to pick up Daryl and Beth in the next episode...

11. Grammy2011

Grammy2011 New Member

6. The expression "wet on Water"? I've never heard that before. Is that a new pc version of "white on rice"? Or is Abraham a very sensitive guy that wouldn't want to offend Glenn?

I think Abraham was trying to be careful in his wording. I also noticed that Abraham almost told Glen that his wife had probably kicked the bucket and he quickly changed it to not here anymore or something like that.
    !

8. Bizarre that the mullett doc hasn't learned to shoot yet, either that or he's a psycho that wanted to blow up the truck for some reason. I'd go with option "a" though as he was body shooting the walkers.
    Definitely something going on with the scientist with the mullet. He seems almost evil like the Gov'nor.

9. Rick made the show for me leaving the bathroom door open after killing that guy! Rock on Rick using a zombie as a weapon and covering your tracks at the same time!
    This was my favorite part of the show when you hear those bandits screaming at the very right moment when Rick needed the distraction. Awesome!

10. The Sanctuary sign had no arrow saying which way to go. How did they know they were walking towards it and not away from it, or did I miss something?
    Yes I also noticed there were no arrows pointing which way to go.

To anyone who read this whole thing, thanks!

12. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Me too. Hopefully its not bad writing. Maybe Abraham is just a nice guy...maybe.

13. fullkrause

fullkrause Member

I guess he could of meant it that way, I took it as he drove it home from Afghanistan,lol!!!

14. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

Yeah, it's not really adding up. Hopefully it will all make sense in time.

15. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

There is a map below the banner with the directions marked out.

[​IMG]

16. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

He didn't want to originally. Its like what Eugene said... Without a vechile they would be vulnerable going north without knowing what's ahead and having no way to avoid it. By backtracking from where they've been they can find a new car and supplies to pack it with. so for now, they are going in the same direction... How that evolves we will have to wait and see

17. AndyChicago

AndyChicago Member

How is "white on rice" not PC? Its not an asian reference. Rice it white. Ergo the term.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white on rice

But southerners have all sorts of analogies like that. I've definitely heard that one before, and I'm north of Mason/Dixon.

18. sam12six

sam12six Member

Another issue I had was Abraham's trying to force Glenn to join them. Intimidating someone into joining your group is asking for a knife in the throat while you sleep.

It also jumped out at me how delicious Rosita looked in her impractical outfit.

19. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Presumably they would have to stop frequently to clear wrecks that were blocking the road, which would be very time consuming, so it may have been three hours in the truck, but not all of it was moving.

He was just talking about that type of truck, not saying it was the same one he had used overseas.

#39 Kilroy was here, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  20. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't take a week to walk 100 miles if you have nothing else to do. You could probably pull it off in 3 days if you are in good shape. And that's sleeping 8 hours and taking breaks. Our characters will probably do none of these. besides, their goal is probably to find another vehicle, not to walk 100 miles