Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Odd things that jumped out at me during the show

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Morgotha, Feb 24, 2014.

1. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

regarding the glenn walking away scene. Abraham went after glenn because he needs more help to achieve his mission. Good help is hard to find so he can't let a good fighter just walk off without trying to get him to stay. as far as why he was trying to force glenn to get back on the truck, that strategy probably has been effective for a guy like abraham before. I don't think that he would have forcibly made him get back in the truck. He instead tried to convince glenn that going with him was probably the best plan. By suggesting that he will never find maggie, he was trying to eliminate glenns other options so that "going with abe" is the only logical choice. As for following Eugene and his "classified information," Abe seems like a guy who has to have a mission. If he has no mission, he has no purpose. Regardless of whether Eugene's info is solid or not, it gives abe a purpose so he is off to DC. Rosita is just along for the ride. I think that she is suspicious of Eugene and I think that she admired Glenn's dedication to his wife and wants to help him.

2. zipykido

zipykido Member

Glenn is much smarter than he is letting on to this new group of people. I'm pretty sure Glenn would found a car at some point between where he was and the bus. Also Abe was just trying to help Glenn. Glenn was passed out for three hours after they first met, Abe just weighed the chances of Glenn surviving on his own vs him surviving in the group.

3. lee7189

lee7189 Member

Finally! Someone making sense. Also, who says Glen expects to walk the whole way back? He's resourceful.

4. Busted Flipflop

Yeah, I started laughing when I heard that. I thought, are you serious? How can anything be considered "classified" in this post-ZA world.

5. Busted Flipflop

One thing to consider is that it wasn't uncommon in the past several centuries for travelers to walk several miles and days on foot. That's why traveling inns and the cultural idea of hospitality existed for many centuries. Our modern 21st century mentality sees walking such distances as an impossibility - but of course in this case the big challenge is not the walk, its the zombies. So the walk is do-able provided Glen's prepared to fight zombies. Though hopefully he'll find a car or a bike along the way.

6. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I figure Glenn is eventually hoping for a car. Either way, what is he going to do? Anywhere in the ZA is dangerous. His choice is to leave her or not. He chose not.

7. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

This could be right. I know she usually does not draw on suspected danger. It is not the first time she has made that exact move going into an unknown place.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Hey! Thanks a million for copying this pic. On my t.v. that map looks like a piece of cardboard (or maybe I need to get my eyes checked). In any event that solves the mystery perfectly.

9. Morgotha

I know it's *not* an asian reference, but someone who's asian and feeling hostile might take it as one. Sort of like how if a white man was having an argument with a black man and saying it was "time to call a spade a spade" or something, it might be taken the wrong way - or maybe the right way.

10. Morgotha

How many wrecks are there going to be on rural Georgia roads that block up both lanes AND don't allow a 6 wheel drive army truck to pass around them on either shoulder? Not many, I bet. Nope, I'd bet Glenn was in for a LONG walk.

11. Morgotha

Agreed that's what they should do, but how will they start the car they find? Is Glenn going to get lucky enough to find some old manual car that they can push up to bump-start speed? And I wouldn't say it's an easy peasy walk. Glenn was passed out for 3 hours+ from exhaustion, they don't have a ton of supplies, but he does have a lot of "gear" he's carrying. Now he's going to start a big hike and fight off zombies along the way? they burned up a lot of ammo fighting off the zombies when they just stopped the truck in a random cornfield. How many more of those fights are they going to have in the next 100 miles? How much ammo are they carrying, enough to do so? I think it would turn out to be a bit more than an easy 3 day walk, in "reality".

12. Morgotha

I hear what you're saying, and realize a runner can run a 26 mile marathon in several hours. I just don't think Glenn in the shape he's in can put himself in the same category as someone as fit as a middle ages man, or an athlete. Plus, we see their group is together, so they are moving at the pace of the slowest one of them.

13. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

A very good point.

14. Ricktatorship80

Jeez, some people take things waaay too literal.

15. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I disagree on taking just 3 days to walk 100 miles, but I failed to think of finding another car in the vicnity. Thats a lot more plausible and something im satisfied with.

16. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

Whose walking they are going to get a car. After 18 months not every car will start but some will and batters on the shelf will still be good.

Its spray cheese ...not sure it counts a food.

Glen was listening until he said "classified". I don't mean Glen would have went with them but maybe said "hey I got separated from 10 really good fighters back there. We've been to the CDC. They will all come with you."

17. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

IIRC, that is drawing from a waist scabbard not when the scabbard is on your back.

18. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I think it's bizarre that Mr Mullet (Eugene) would KNOW what is going on but Dr Jenner (at the CDC) didn't have a clue.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

A lot of time has gone by since the CDC days....Who knows what Eugene knows... Jenner was a low level civilian scientist... I think Eugene is tied to the military. If so, he might have access to info that Jenner did not have...some real classified stuff.

20. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Rick didn't cover his tracks. That Uzi going missing is going to show the bad guys that 'someone' was there.