Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Odd things that jumped out at me during the show

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Morgotha, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Nah, we saw who was at the CDC. The real eggheads. Somehow I doubt mr. mullet is in their league. Jenner for me could pull off "scientist" even if he himself claimed to not be any great shakes, mullet man comes across as someone who works in a comic book store.

2. Morgotha

I guess I really meant "cover his tracks" in a sense of giving him time to escape and cause confusion, not in that it would allow them to never know he was there. After all, he didn't kill the guy who got knocked out, and when he wakes up he'll spill the beans on Rick anyhow.

3. Dulak

Dulak Member

1. The guy is a he-man and he wants to enjoy bashing walkers - especially if there are only a few. Didnt bother me.

2. Ya I thought it was a bit wierd that the bad guys and the good guys all decided to use the same house out of thousands? ... and these people never came across the prison group till now?

3. Im from the midwest too :) - but whatever its the apoc so ...

4. I figure she knows more then me as far as sword skills ...

5. That will be a long walk ... but if I wanted to go find my wife Id travel across continents (thousands of zombie infested miles) to go find her. Let alone a 100 miles. Those peeps were suggesting he 'forget' about her? ... No way - and better to look now instead of months later and then she could be anywhere. I do agree that Id go get a car then take it back to the truck and take the supplies.

7. The its classified thing is taken from the comics - dont read em if you dont want a bit of the plot spoiled. Even thou it didnt sound as convincing; again the comics ...

8. Nah - he is supposed to be a geeky scientist. He probably got protected for most of the apoc till now.

9. Ya I didnt even think of that till it was mentioned here. Quite smart.

10. No idea just assumed they knew what was one way on the tracks and were going the only other way.

Nice analysis there.

4. Dead man walking

I was actually more worried when they were about to enter the house since Carl was so close behind her if she'd have pulled the blade out she'd have slashed his face off.

5. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I can't remember where I read it, but some expert was saying it's best not to carry the blade on the back.

6. Dead man walking

1. I think he thinks he is a he-man.
    2. I think more important is that wherever you are holed up, you should know not to fall asleep alone. Always have someone on watch or don't sleep unless you want to wake up a Z. Stupid at it's best.
    3. It was just disgusting anyway.
    4. I just didn't get the importance of the picture being defaced that led her into the room in the first place. But I guess like others, sometimes you can be careless.
    5. Abe's an army guy apparently so pretty sure he will have the necessary skills to get a vehicle started - they won't have to walk far i think.
    6. Missed that, but don't get it anyway.
    7. Yes, nothing is classified in this world any more. Who cares about classified? Look around you, fool. Tell me or you're on your own. What happens when he gets bit - which he could've have done already with his ability to shoot.
    8. He doesn't look all there to me anyway.
    9. I didn't know the guy was dead, since the other guy was strangled only passed out but after reading this elsewhere - it was a top moment.
    10. I guess being on a rail road car on a rail track they presumed to follow the track - although which direction who knows. Perhaps he remembers where the track led from maps before they found the prison. More importantly I would have left a message here for any other prison survivors that 'Rick, Michonne and Carl survived - heading here' in case any other of the survivors came across the sign.

7. Dead man walking

And so high up not so easy to get out unless you have long arms..

8. Lisa Brower

Lisa Brower New Member

5. Driving. Tara tells glenn when he wakes up that they were driving for THREE HOURS! I'm thinking even at 30mph thats going on a 100 mile walk back! That's long hike with all that gear and short rations (and Glenn's injuries)! Hmm... I guess the one other thing they probably *should* have done is taken one of the batteries out of the truck. It would be heavy, but they could put it in a backpack and have a chance at starting a car they found as opposed to walking the whole way.

How many people were there, I can't remember, was it 5 or 6, I remember the women, the scientist, Abraham, glen and whats-her-name, was there another guy or not? If there were 5 then they will likely just hotwire a car. If there were 6 then someone will probably die trying to get a car to hotwire - they'll cover their bases i'm sure for reuniting them early - but maybe the fact they'll get there later than everyone else is a nice way to cause some kind of suspense in the will-they won't-they ever reconnect etc.

6. The expression "wet on Water"? I've never heard that before. Is that a new pc version of "white on rice"? Or is Abraham a very sensitive guy that wouldn't want to offend Glenn?

I haven't heard this before either but yep, I'm sure its the same thing as like white on rice - I'm sure it wasn't changed to not offend viewers rather than the characters themselves.

7. "It's classified"! I'd tell that guy to shove it then and there. 95% of the world is dead and you're keeping secrets? First, I'd want to hear what the guy had to say to see if he was just looney tunes or not, and if not, I'd insist he start *writing everything important down* in case he got bitten!

I don't know how classified this is, maybe it really isn't they just need to know who they can trust first - i'm sure glen wouldn't just hand over his info so quick either. The scientist is a math man not a gun man, but he's also some kinda mental. I don't know if he has been babied through the end of the world or what but it is likely. Maybe he'll evolve.

I do wonder if he knows a cure for this stuff because he started it or what....

9. Rick made the show for me leaving the bathroom door open after killing that guy! Rock on Rick using a zombie as a weapon and covering your tracks at the same time!

I did wonder where that zombie came from, I didn't put two and two together at all until I read this forum this morning, duh! I could have sworn they were shouting "kill her" so I guess I didnt think and must have misheard!

10. The Sanctuary sign had no arrow saying which way to go. How did they know they were walking towards it and not away from it, or did I miss something?

Wasn't there a map?

#68 Lisa Brower, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

1)Abe is good at killing walkers obviously so he isn't afraid of killing 3 without being behind or on something safe

2) nowhere is safe really in my opinion. Maybe u can make it. Safe from walkers but ppl can find a way in just like woodbury

3) It's not really a waste it's just can cheese. Plus she was trying to cheer Carl up.

4) She knew it wasn't walkers in the room cus they would be making noise. And she's pretty confident in her ability with a sword

5) They'll prolly try to find a vehicle. Don't think Glenn's plan was to ever walk that far but try to find a vehicle or some transportation.

6) I've heard that before plenty of times. Don't think he said it just cus Glenn is Asian but just as an expression.

7) Dumbest thing he could've said. Think that's why Glenn stopped listening and didn't ask any more questions.

8) Maybe he's had help this whole time and hasn't needed to learn or maybe he shot the truck on purpose. Well have to wait to find out.

9) Great scenes smart move. Seems like rick is back to old form.

10) Thunk it had a map posted under it.

10. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

For all we know, they came from the opposite direction.

I didn't worry about it too much. It seemed like it was just a piece of cake for him.

I don't remember clearly, but I think I've seen her doing this more often. Although, usually she at least grips on her katana if there is possible danger.

This irritated me too. What a stupid thing to say post-ZA.

I'm guessing that Abe and Rosita did all the dirty work. It wouldn't be my method, since you can never be sure he is not alone, but it's possible.

Agreed. This was a very good move imo.

11. Morgotha

I get it that he's been surviving for a couple years by killing walkers and he's good at it, and is not afraid of them. But if you get complacent, one of these times it won't be three walkers, it'll be four or five... or there'll be one you didn't see... and then it's game over. My point is you shouldn't get complacent. That's the way you die.

12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Yea I agree with that personally but you do have ppl who just have that type of mentality that it won't happen to them and I think he's one of them.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

There was another person who was attacked pretty violently downstairs. Not likely that this group would make such an error, but if they killed someone down there, it is at least another option.

The choking scene just sits crooked in my craw though. I can't wrap my head around it at all. If I was the guy that choked out his partner and stole his bed, I would have actually killed him (After a second viewing, his is indeed unconscious and breathing.) since this seems to be a "Only the strong survive" kind of group. Nothing to stop that guy from getting up and doing to me whatever was being done to the guy downstairs. And if he thought he was dead, why go to sleep right there and wait for him to turn like an amateur? In essence, the only way that scene would not look off to me, is if the Marauder put down the guy he just attacked; for my own safety no matter what his state would have been, You feel me?

14. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Maybe their is an honor amongst thieves deal. You can beat the shot out of one another, but if you kill one of your own then u get stabbed and bled out like the guy downstairs

15. Morgotha

I could live with that. The person downstairs could have been an outside victim, OR one of their own who crossed the boundries of their internal code of behavior. In that type of group that looks like a pretty painful mistake!

16. badsideefex

badsideefex New Member

10. The Sanctuary sign had no arrow saying which way to go. How did they know they were walking towards it and not away from it, or did I miss something?

The sign was accompanied by a road map that had all of the train tracks highlighted going toward the center of Atlanta. If they know where Atlanta is then they know what direction to travel.

17. Col. Matrix

Col. Matrix New Member

good point about the battery, but no way in hell could anyone carry a truck battery for hours on end. i'm fairly stong and can barely carry one to my car from the autozone check out counter. it would weigh 40-50 lbs.+. and I think those trucks use a 24 volt electrical system so the battery would not work with a regular car (12 volt battery). if you were lucky you'd find a stick shift car and could push start it.

about the farthest anyone could walk under near ideal conditions (years of forced marching experience like a Roman soldier, plenty of water, decent food, not carrying much weight, good road, no zombies) is 35-40 miles a day. a regular person pushing it could do 20. his plan to try to walk 100+ miles, in a weak condition, with zombies around and little food or water was suicidal.

18. R.V Walker

R.V Walker Member

Anyone notice or commented how Carl says 'i rather have powder milk" in the early scene with Michonne

19. Fenriradra

Fenriradra Member

1) When Carol & TDawg are running through the prison, after TDawg has been bitten, she tries to convince him to stop, so they can rest, wait for him to die, and she kills him before he turns. Specifically, she says it's "part of the pact", but this pact is never mentioned prior (or after). We don't know if it's something all of the Atlanta/Farm survivors had decided somewhere along the way, or something specific between Carol & T;; plus it's fudged into such an intense scene & episode, you'd probably miss it if you weren't paying attention to it.

2) In the final attack (and subsequent fall of) the prison, Tyreese uses support poles of the cantina for cover. His body frame easily "spills over" the poles, making it very very inadequate cover.

3) At various times in the series, bullets have passed relatively clean through corpses, bodies, and animals. Yet every time one of our survivors needs to use a corpse/body for cover, no matter how many bullets are shot, or at what distance, and with little/no respect toward the caliber of the gun/rifle, none pass cleanly.

4) Almost everyone in the series is a terrible shot, except when they need to shoot dead things in the head, from close-medium range. Most couldn't hit the broadside of a barn unless it were moaning and groaning. Arguably, Lizzie (now dead) and Carl are the two best shots they've got against other living people.