Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Official "Did Morgan kill that guy at the end"?

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Damaniel, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

We never saw Andrea or Lori die...

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Still dead.

I see several details I remember differently. Here is the first sentence of the recap:

(1) "In a flashback, Enid's parents are killed by walkers while trying to jumpstart a car."

I have jumpstarted cars by starting them rolling down a slope and then doing something else I forget--probably something to do with the gears. Those impoverished days are decades behind me, thank goodness. When I was in college, a friend of mine had a car that we had to hotwire every time to start. They weren't doing that, either. What her parents were doing was removing the fuse that was needed to make the turnsignals work so they could use it for some other function that they actually needed. I have done this, too, until I could get to a parts store to buy new fuses.

Here is the third sentence in the recap:

(2) "Enid wanders the woods alone, foraging for food and killing walkers."

I didn't see her killing any walkers in the woods, just having to brain-kill her father by the car.

I could nitpick the next sentence but I will move on to the next two:

(3) "Enid eventually stumbles upon Alexandria's gates. She starts to walk away, but seeing 'JSS' scrawled on her arm, changes her mind and goes inside."

She turns away and scrapes JSS on to the back of her hand and then faces back to Alexandria.

And so on. I've never read any of their recaps. I don't know if all of them are of this poor quality. But I know that Lobo is Muerto. :)

#22 Lindigo, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. R.V Walker

R.V Walker Member

These were taken in August which us closer to episode 3-8 filming than 1 or 2 [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Andrea was bit, that's a confirmed death. Carl confirmed that he put Lori down. These are confirms of death. "Morgan looked like he put a finishing blow because of the way he struck the dude" or "morgan said sorry" aren't confirms, that's open to interpretation. If morgan said "I put him down and shot him in the head" or if you saw a zombie bite the wolf, those would be a confirms.

I'm certian this show will either confirm someone is dead or show their dead body part. Nobody just dies off screen. A perfect example is the Termite that Tyreese spared. When he didn't actually die, it was off screen. When he did die, the writers VERY graphically SHOWED him die. The wolf would get the same treatment if he died. What s the point of killing him off screen and removing the viewers the pleasure of watching him die? I just can't see a reason for it. I could be wrong which I recognize, but I'm strong of this opinion because I'm going by overwhelming statistically probably based on all the previous deaths vs "almost deaths" on the show.

We will find out soon enough. My new theory is that Morgan severed his arm off or did something brutal to his body to prevent him from fighting back, hence the sorry, but that Morgan still coudn't bring himself to kill him.

#24 Spidey, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  5. Dead man walking

Who cares, carol should have shot Morgan for being completely effin useless and causing all this.

6. Arc Flash

Arc Flash New Member

I think he knocked him out. He was apologizing for not being able to kill him, knowing what is going to happen to him when Rick returns.

7. Lindigo

That would be my "back up" theory, too. I didn't realize there were pics that might be of this Wolf, so that does give me pause. I can't recognize him, but I'm bad at that.

Re why the kill wasn't shown, the blow had so much force behind it, you couldn't have had the Wolf in the same frame. Of course, you could cut to the Wolf as the staff was being extracted. I think Morgan's staff had already been cleaned when he did the final pass by of Carol there at the end.

If I were Mr. Monk, I would say my certainty level of the kill has dropped from 100% to 95%. :)

8. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

He is alive. Recap says he was knocked unconscious and slow motion replay shows Morgan giving him a side blow to the head with the blunt end of his stick.:hatchet:

9. Lindigo

Drat. But, Thank you. :)

10. Lindigo

I'm baaaack. I watched the ending in slo mo and I still think the Wolf is dead. Neither end of Morgan's staff looks especially pointy to me, but I think it is the end that is red that is slammed downward. At the end, when Morgan and Carol are crossing paths, I had thought Morgan's staff was clean, but actually one end is bright red.

Death doesn't fit with the actor still being on set, though, unless we are going to get back story.

11. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

All we know for sure is, when Rick gets back and this wolf is still alive, Rick is gonna be so P$%%ed off it's not even funny.

12. jss to ass

jss to ass New Member

In the past the producers have stated if you do not see the person died they are still alive.

13. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I don't understand how people are still debating this issue. Nobody knows better than the producers of the show and they specifically say in the official recap that Morgan knocked him out.

Taken from AMC's recap:

"In a house, Morgan encounters the other Wolf (W-Man) he met in the woods outside Alexandria. The W-Man taunts Morgan for not killing him when he had the chance. Morgan knocks him unconscious."

14. Lindigo

Adam, I think the recap sucks. To me, it is just one careless person's take on what happened. I don't find it authoritative.

First sentence of recap: "In a flashback, Enid's parents are killed by walkers while trying to jumpstart a car." No, they are not trying to jumpstart a car. They are taking out the fuse that controls the turn signals and using it in place of a dead fuse for some function they actually need.

AMC: Mrs Neudermeyer wants a pasta maker.
    Everyone else: Mrs. Niedermeyer wants a pasta maker.

"Maggie tells Spencer to keep Deanna safe inside the truck." No, just tells him to keep her safe.

"The wolves now defeated, Carol stands over Mrs. Neudermeyer's body and tears up." No, she picks up the cigarette package, sits on the front stairs, and tears up after seeing Sam's "A" stamp.

Full of other sloppinesses.

jss to ass, I know they say that, but I think it is more like Schrodinger's cat, both possibly alive and possibly dead, and you won't know which until you open the box. "Opening the box" in this context is when we finally see the character next. Yes, I agree we don't know for sure until we actually see what happened. Anything is possible until then.

I still think we will see that he is dead. Just my opinion, of course. I think this particular Schrodinger's cat will prove to be dead.

Less than 24 hours until we see what happened. :)

15. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I wonder if the writer's are taking digs at societal forms of irrational moralist views such as "total pacifism" and other near sighted ideology not rooted in reality with Morgan. Tying up a guy while homicidal maniacs are slaughtering members of your community has subtle hints to "putting a band aid on a gunshot wound". Idiocy.

It kind of seems like bad writing, but depends on the plot device.

Killing the remaining Wolf however is something I would not do if given the chance. Capture, torture and get intel on their entire operation and then go remove them from the face of the Earth.

The Wolves are actually a weak group that preys on survivors incapable of defending themselves, another subliminal - parasite.

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Sorry to bump a thread, but for future reference, if a death isn't shown or confirmed, that person is always alive in this show.

17. grateful

grateful New Member

(what's wrong with bumping?) doesn't Eastman say sorry when he first knocks morgan out at the goat's place? doesn't mean he *didn't* kill the wolf but you can apologise for non-fatal injury, grasshoppers.