Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

OK, my one nitpick (well it actually is kind of agravating to me)

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by mmmbert, Apr 16, 2018.

1. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I enjoyed this season. But I do get annoyed at some of the, I don't know, lazy, credulity straining plot contrivances.

This weeks, Oceanside showing up at the precise moment that a battle they had know way of knowing was occurring was going down, carrying Molotov cocktails they must have prepared ahead of time even though they had no reason to do so since they didn't know what was happening.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Aaron was with them and he knew the war was ongoing. So, the women came prepared. Make sense? And when they made the journey, they needed some kind of weapon for protection anyway. So, having some Molotov cocktails on hand is believable.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I see Oceanside as a community that was always on a "Code Ready" considering their traps, their killing of stragglers around their peninsula and the weapon lockers. Just that Ricks Hobo Commandos had one to many experienced scouts and they got in. So preparing Molotovs was their next best bet to handle any potential attacks.

I was first unsure who did it...cause it looked like napalm or some explosive devices as they rushed up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

The idea that they knew that the big battle was imminent and that they loaded up bottles and gasoline and carried it the, what 1 or 2 day walk at minimum, to Hilltop and arrived ready to attack is incredulous. The Saviors had just shown up. Rick and company had only found out about the fake Saviors plan shortly before. They just walked up with full bottles of gasoline ready to use them.

Not the worst example of things like this, just one in an ever increasing line.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reina

Reina Active Member

And see, here I was thinking someone gurgling in their own blood after having their throat slashed and being saved by a guy with "Medical experience" was a huh moment.

Maybe the girls and Aaron got the supplies from hilltop before making their way to where the fight was going on?

• Like Like x 1
  6. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

The fight was at Hilltop. Everyone had evacuated. Tara was completely surprised to see them.

7. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i find it a little funny that all the saviors got slaughtered by the oceanside and their molotov cocktails when they basically posed zero threat to the group. with their ammo being sabotaged, they were nothing more than sitting ducks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Ha! Good point - hadn't thought of that.

9. Reina

Reina Active Member

I'm confursed. :confused:

10. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was thinking as soon as they see Tara they will start shooting and be killed by the guns. Then Oceanside showed up out of nowhere in that exact spot. At that same time. With lit Molotav cocktails ready to throw. Ok.

11. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

"Strain at a gnat and swallow a camel", or however it goes... There are infinite alternate universes where they turned up late, early or empty-handed, but who wants to watch those stories?

I was mostly pleasantly surprised that they did turn the minor tide by their timely entry into the war, without having to unconvincingly do it with sharpened bamboo stakes... It was a neat and economic way of tying up that loose end. They've joined the future.

If I have a nitpick it's that I wouldn't trust a single one of those surviving Saviours even if Rick has just told them we're all going to be friends now. Build a bigger jail. (Charitably, some of them could provide b-plots later on, being the 'wrong side of the tracks' population for Rick to police).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Here's something I didn't understand. How did Rick realize he had been played when he found the second map?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I don't think he did, he walked right into the trap.

14. Lindigo

But he called Maggie on the walkie and said something like, Yeah, it's a trap. Then they took an alternate route and Negan had calculated that that was what Rick would do. I didn't understand any of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

My scratch head moment too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mariuch1722

Mariuch1722 New Member

The map they found on the dead savior was a plant and ALSO a trap to make him think the FIRST map was a fake.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Negan explained in the car to Eugene & Father G. that Rick's group would be overly cautious about Gregory's map because of the source (Gregory) and would scout ahead prior to the time written on the map. When they found the new map on the dead saviors at the road block, they thought that was the real map because they didn't realize the road block was planted just for them to find the map.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Lindigo

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

And the sacrifice of those saviors who negan said we’re taking one for the team as they were so stupid.
    Great leadership there for sure too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

lol, you wrote map so many times .. I now have the map song from Dora stuck in my head. Thanks @Jen7

• Funny Funny x 4