Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

OK Someone has to Ask This-And it is Sick!!

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by EZD, Mar 24, 2014.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Sorry in advance for this one but......with all this Cannibal talk?

Has anyone ever smelled burning Human?

They sure have in the Zombie Apocalypse and should know and be able to identify ot right away,I understand it is a unique scent.

Sooooooo,how could they be cooking "Meat" in the open and not be discovered right away at Terminus?:zombies_cuinlove:

I know the whole world must smell pretty bad but......

2. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

The welcoming woman was spooky.

3. Lizeroo

Lizeroo New Member

Burnt flesh, no matter what it came from, smells gross. Cooked meat, though, even if it were human, probably wouldn't smell THAT bad so they likely wouldn't have been tipped off right away if that's what's going on at Terminus. Plus, the stink of rotting corpses is way different than the smell of BBQ'd meat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. denisekyle

denisekyle New Member

Their overwhelming feeling of finally reaching Terminus may have masked that. Like they wouldnt have noticed it at first that its a burning flesh. Maybe give them time and they will soon feel uncomfortable about the place.

5. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Tyresse has smelt burnt Human b4 :Grin:

#5 Walkers_TWD, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  6. Porfivor Nixon

Supposedly, it smells, maybe that is what the flowers are for? To mask it? I don't know. I can't imagine they get that many humans to come so I don't think it's a 24 hour bbq. I don't get why anyway, there seem to be plenty of animals around to hunt, deer, rabbits, snake- from what I have read, humans don't taste too good, especially modern ones because we have so much salt in our diet. I read this book on Polynesian cannibals and they didn't like eating people from the New World.

7. highway234

highway234 Member

i find this insulting, which is a bit strange.

hey, up yours, polynesian cannibals!

8. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Something is up with that creepy welcoming lady. She just creeps me out for some reason

9. Caryl

Caryl Member

Interesting. I eat heritage pork, grass fed beef, and pastured chicken. It tastes different from the conventional crap raised in torturous inhumane conditions and fed an unnatural diet. Modern people eat a lot of junk and in quantities humans were never meant to eat so it'd make sense that their "meat" would taste funny to people who know what human flesh is supposed to taste like. All animals, including humans, are what they eat and they are what their food eats. It's gross and makes sense at the same time.

10. Doomhed

Doomhed Member

The smell most people associate with burning bodies is the sulfur thiols in hair or skin. the muscle cooked on its own would smell like nearly any other meat.

You also have to realize that humans in the ZA would be the last thing you want to eat- they are full of the chemicals from all the canned food they have been surviving off of.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I doubt anyone would know what it smelled lie anyway f it was different.

12. Lizeroo

Lizeroo New Member

I think when it comes to a matter of eating or not eating, people wouldn't care about the ingested chemicals in humans (that is, if they were down with cannibalism). Food is food at that point.

13. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Member

The thought " That smells like burnt human" may have been going through their minds but considering they have only been there for about a 3 minute total and never got the chance to speak amongst themselves may have something to do with it.

14. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

The characters on TWD have been living in a world full of dead, walking, rotting corpses for almost 2 years now, they've also burnt the dead, so I'm sure their all aware of what a burnt human being smells like.

15. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

If people are what they eat...then Carl is going to be a great desert for these people. He has been eating nothing but pudding and candy bars.

16. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

I lived on a farm all my life. Usually we dont cook humans. If I set a pig or cow on fire with no prep it would smell horrifying. The thing that smells bad about burning humans is the clothing, hair, and skin burning. That is the smell people are referring to when they are in situations where someone is on fire and live to tell the tale. Especially hair. Take a single strand of your own hair and sit it in a candle or something and see how fast it clears the room. It also easily catches.

If she prepared the human meat and didnt just slap it on the grill, skin hair and all, it should smell exactly like pork. Probably not taste the same because of all the shit we eat, but smell the same.

Morbid but yeah. My 2 cents. They wouldnt be able to tell until they put it in their mouth, and even then, maybe not if it had been spiced up somehow and they hadnt had real pork meat in a while to compare it to.

17. justjoinedtosay

Can't say that I have, but I did read somewhere that one of the survivors of the donner party used to freak people outing by going on and on about how we taste like pork....

18. JFAN

JFAN Member

Plus this episode didn't really show them getting that close to grill yet or being served any food. So they may notice something wrong with the meat in the next episode.

19. Caryl

Caryl Member

He's loaded with trans fat probably. I'd pass! :zombies_lol:

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Man, that Mary had 3 big ass hunks of meat on that grill.... What else could it be???????