Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ok. That was gross.

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Terminator, Oct 19, 2014.

1. SeeinzStarz

SeeinzStarz Member

As strange as it seems, this scene didn't faze me that much seeing as I already experienced the shock and disgust watching TWD game. I seriously didn't think I could go to sleep that night after seeing Mark limbless! xD

This seemed cleaner. Lol! Bob was nicely patched up and not left to die in a secret room. His fate looks grim, yes, but better situation than Mark's!! Poor guy though.. :(

2. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I thought the scene was brilliantly crafted, with Gareth giving his sociopathic rationale of greiving over 'losing their home' and the necessity of devolving into cannibalism for survival, but this time doing it piecemeal ...keeping the cow alive.
    Bob saw that they were doing it at Terminus, production line.

Bob mentioned to Rick about agreeing to finish off the Termites, and was stoic while Gareth doing his smug speechifying because he knows he'll have the last laugh.

3. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I think what was more gross was when Bob,pushed that walker down on that pole sticking out ,the thing popped like a frickin' pimple ,all that puss was nasty

4. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Member

1. We don't know if Beth is dead at this point or not, but she probably won't have anything to do with The Hunters arc. In the preview teaser we got last month, they show Beth very much alive, however we don't know if her scenes will be current or a "flashback".
    2. Their methods of killing back at Terminus were a little different than they are now. They killed their victims and probably stored their parts for future consumption, instead of eating them "one limb at a time." As Gareth said, they've "devolved" into a more primal form of cannibal, since they no longer have the proper facilities or set up.
    3. Of course. How many people have they lost because they "didn't finish the job." Dale, Andrea, even Lori indirectly was a result of that, among others. Rick had the right idea, and you would think the others who have been around for a while like Glenn, Daryl, and Michonne would have sided with him.

5. steely

steely Well-Known Member

i actually thought that scene was kind of cool. sets the stage for next week quite well, too.

6. SurvivorXII

SurvivorXII Member

Okay...so the whole 'Rotten corpses walking around' or the 'Butchered humans hung up on meat hooks' didn't phase you? But a bit of cooked meat and a prosthetic on a fire, that's too far.

7. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Member

All this looks like a Disney show compared to the comic.... oh shoot, I better not give Disney any ideas. They already bought the rights to Marvel and Star Wars....

8. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Do they nibble on the foot, or just use it as garnish?

9. BicycleGirl

BicycleGirl New Member

Reminded me of dr Lecter frying the brain while the guy was sitting there...

10. EvieE

EvieE Member

It kind of gave me the taste for ribs.

11. Lawman

Lawman Member

It will be interesting to see if he can be in your face with a person physically capable to take him down with their barehands. Or is he simply man enough when his victim is not able to fight back.

12. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

Funny thing: thanks to "Hannibal" I wasn't shocked (in season 2 a character was forced to eat his own leg). But poor Bob. Hopefully it will be "just" the leg and not some more body parts.

13. Noah

Noah New Member

I didn't really find it "gross". I mean it was disturbing, but I handled it fine.

14. bshmerlie

bshmerlie Member

Ya know the thing is Gareth says that it's not personal but then he gloats about the taste of Bob's leg. The whole methodical butchering scene at Terminus was "not personal". But sitting around a campfire and talking to someone as you're eating them....now that is personal. I think Gareth and his group have completely lost their humanity...and Gareth knows this and that's why he keeps saying "there's no going back". We don't know just how long the Terminus people were tortured before or all that was done to them...but it obviously pushed them over the edge. There is no going back and like Rick said people like that don't get to live.

15. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

I'm going to go ahead and say that is the best ending to an episode of this show thus far. It was creepy, disturbing, graphic, disgusting. That's exactly what this show is about. Gareth is the creepiest character in TV since Hannibal.

16. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

The ending with his leg/foot chopped off made the whole episode, was shocking, I started to like him too!...Sasha isn't gonna take this well, I hope she's safe.

17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes -- and as grossed out as I was, I simultaneously wondered why the foot wasn't charred a bit. I also wondered whether they drugged Bob because otherwise he would be screaming in agony from the amputation. A way to keep their food victims quiet so as not to scare off the others?

18. Olivia

Olivia Member

I agree. Gareth is total evil nuts all rolled into one cunning package.

19. maw

maw Member

I was shocked by how the scene was presented with the panning out to see Bob seated there. Do you think he had been numbed down to feel no pain or he hadn't realized his leg was gone ie. the phantom leg feeling until a person sees it not there as I've heard described.

20. Dead man walking

There's a trailer out there somewhere with Beth in it, so she isn't dead. That group I believe is someone else unrelated to nutjob Gareth, possibly the Priest's old congregation since there was a cross in the back of the car window.

But yes, i must say i think that was a bit too much on eating Bob's legs. I'm pretty sure they won't really do that again I hope at least.