Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Olivia still watching over food/armory

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Ionut, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Dumb decision by Deanna to originally put someone like that as caretaker of the weapons stash. Someone with no combat ability and hides in a closet in terror upon something scary happening.

That said, now that Rick's group is in charge, nobody has removed her from that position and put someone capable to guard the weapon's stash. Not only should the weapon's not all be in one place to where it's easy access for an invading group(or a sneaky little rat like Ron), but I'd have them in the possession of someone that isn't totally useless and can use a firearm.

Someone who is a deterrent to bad people trying to get a gun.

You'd even wonder if after the attack she wouldn't have offered to step down into a less important role.

They must pay better attention to their schematics.

2. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

She ran past all the the guns to hid in the closet and didn't even lock the door. She didn't even lock the door.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Now that the wolves are all dispatched [or so they think] and the entire zone is surrounded by a couple thousand walkers, in their minds, there are few internal threats. They feel like they are all pretty much good people inside there, and no bad guys can possibly get in right now, with the horde. So I think its pretty understandable that they are not focused on a more competent guard for the armory and supplies. The more physically able people they probably want out keeping an eye on things and helping to plan, rather than sitting in a basement alone.

4. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

is she the same Olivia which in the comic book

5. Neuropyramidal

Well, that's her comic counterpart, yes, but it isn't canon so she may never do that in the show. But if the ASZ residents ever get their hands on the comics, yeah it might motivate them to replace her. ;)

6. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Valid. But still, there's got to be somebody who at least can fire a gun that can watch over that set of weapons and it all shouldn't be in one place and should be under tight lock an key. Have your really capable people on more important roles at the moment, but having the most useless person there looking after an open cabinet of assault rifles is more bad security.

There's not total trust between the two groups and internal mutinous threats are a possibility(however slight) and a real one with Ron.

7. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

To me it feels like a realistic oversight, I can easily see how that wouldn't make the list of things to do. But now that things are going south it would have been a good idea to have a better set up in place.

8. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Might be time to build an Eastman-grade cage for the weapons, instead of locking them in regular room in a house.

Under Olivia's watchful eye Carol stole 3 guns, Sam stole chocolate, Enid stole a gun (since she had one with her in 6.07), Ron stole ammo, she left the door unlocked during an attack, and she meekly stood by while the pantry was raided by townsfolk. So, yeah, she's doing a bangup job.

9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ Indeed. That's all I am saying - she fails at the job so bad that even a slightly more competent replacement and a good lock on the weapons room would be a massive improvement.

Deanna could have had internal disaster many times over with that set up.

10. Neuropyramidal

In the long term I agree with you, but considering the immediate threat going on, I think its realistic that its not getting addressed right now.

11. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I can definitely agree that she needs to be relieved of that duty and it needs to be handed to a more competent person, but in light of everything that they're currently dealing with, I think it's reasonable for them to not have that very high on their list.

12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

The current threat is actually going to rectify this for the Alexandrians. I bet, Olivia is going to be relieved of her duty by Mr. Walker and Alexandrians will be forced to find a replacement.

Anyway, I propose Tobin, if one prefers a local. He is one of the few that can handle a gun, now that Carter, Nicholas and Aiden are gone. Of the newcomers, Carol is probably the best choice. She can cook and she can shoot. So, she should be able to take care of the food bank and the amoury well. This new post might also keep her in a low profile. It seems no one (except Olivia) had directly witnessed her kickass-ness. In a time of peace, she hands out food. In wartime, she hands out guns.

13. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I think I'd go with the same two selections. For a 'native' ASZ resident I'd go with Tobin. He's a reasonably competent fighter and actually knows how to handle a gun, as you mentioned. Carol is Carol. The people wouldn't have been walking in to pillage the food stores if she was in charge. They'd have been on their asses, and if they kept trying someone would be looking at the flowers.

14. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ I was thinking Tobin as well. Builds more of a trust thing, he can handle weapons and combined with the stuff being under tight lock it's a good way to protect the armory.

I find it a bit ridiculous that after the Wolves attack Olivia has the doors open and no awareness. That ought to have taught you a little something even if you're as retarded as she is. That's with consideration of all that is happening.

Carol is too important for such a petty job. Her general overall awareness and ability to read situations needs her in a much more authority driven role. Likewise she is one of their best shots and most capable combatant due to her quick thinking and ability to sneak and surprise attack threats.

I also tend to agree with most of her decisions. An Alexandrian that knows how to use a weapon and is trustworthy, such as Tobin, will be the right choice for the job.

Also to consider would be people like Francine, if Tobin is better put to use building and guarding with the main group.

15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is only Day 2. Day 1 is the day when the Wolves attacked (and exposed the security weakness of the amoury. Actually, Carol knew this weakness already even before Day 1 as she went straight to it, knowing that Olivia could not keep the place safe) in the morning and the herd arrived in the afternoon. We are now on Day 2. Tobin asked Rick not to give up on them and he admitted that Alexandrians are slow to learn and to adapt. As things are happening really fast, they cannot catch up. The unexpected parade break-off and the attack of the Wolves are probably happening also too fast for Rick's group as well.

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

She's pretty much the worst guard ever. Who hasn't pulled one over on Olivia? Even the Wet Bandits from Home Alone would have gotten past her unnoticed.

17. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

This is a really good point. Is it really only day 2 after the wolf attack? Bc she was really stuck into that book. You'd think she'd be an absolute nervous wreck. Not chilling with a book like she was just interrupted by a JW at the door (instead of the Wolf attack).

18. gavuk

gavuk Member

I'm going more leftfield, i think i'm right in saying the Alexandria community majoritively have all been tucked up behind the walls living a "normal" life away from walkers, Wolves, raiders,etc,etc so locking guns away is errelevant no-one feels they want to or need to or capable of using them. A bit like putting a lock on a supermarket (food store) that no-one will go into without due cause.

Stick a Ferrari dealers in a community of non drivers....its still just a garage!

That said i'm still surprise that Rick on arriaval in Alexandria didn't use his influence on Deanna to lock the guns somewhere safe (or at the least appoint one of his trusted team to "supervise" Olivia as she's clearly not upto the job)

19. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Actually...
    I think Morgan would do a good job as guard.
    Especially with his no kill attitude, he'd just whack would-be thieves around with the stick until they figure out they'd better look elsewhere.

#19 8307c4, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ That would be a good idea if he wasn't doing things that were overtly hazardous to the community. He could stand outside the building and practice his stick moves and then smack around anybody that wants some.