Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Quentin's 9th film. Only a few months away. ;)

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

WHOA.

3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I'll go see this one. Though being a Quentin movie it's bound to be a bit different lol

4. Athanas

Athanas New Member

It looks good.

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

You had me at Q!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

This like an Tarantino all-star cast. Only one missing is Samuel Jackson. Looks great.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed this one. I think it's Tarantino's best. The casting was perfect. Pitt was outstanding, and DiCaprio did a fine job as well. It's not your typical Tarantino movie. It's a more mature, subtle work than anything he's done before. It's actually a beautifully done film, the best I've seen in the past couple of years.

Also Brad Pitt mentioned that Tarantino is interest in doing a miniseries based on the movie, similar to what we've seen with Fargo on TV.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

I really enjoyed it. Its not my favorite Tarantino film, and I wish we would have seen more of Manson's group, but great movie.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stealth

I thought he did a good job of showing us Manson's group as a whole, particularly with Cliff's visit to the Spahn Ranch. Personally I would've liked one scene that showed Manson with his group. Tarantino though was trying to diminish the lore of that cult so I'm guessing it was his intent not to prop up Manson at all by doing it.

My only real complaint is that I think they could've done a better job of marketing the film. It's done well at the box office, but I've talked to people who said the trailers didn't really grab them and they thought it was something they could wait for until after it leaves the theater.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

I also thought the trailers were lackluster. They seemed to portray scenes that seemed kind of bland.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The trailers caused me to NOT see the movie. I didn't want to see Tarantino glorifying Manson.

12. Stealth

He did just the opposite. That was one intent of his film. It's like a giant middle finger to the entire Manson cult.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

It was a long setup to the finale. Dragged a little sometimes but each scene in itself was excellent. Just takes a long time to get there. DiCaprio stole the show. It seems a little over the top in the beginning but makes sense as it progresses. Word of warning, Tarantino has a foot fetish and this may his last film so he seemed to be getting in as many as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk