Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

One fact I never once forgot re: Rick & Shane's

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by jakesbng, Mar 11, 2012.

1. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

lol! I guess your sex drive must be a little on the high side. It reminds me of the scene in "Dogma" where the world is about to end and Jay unzips his pants. Telling Bethany 'Well you said you'd f__ me if the world was ending'. :eek:)

2. DedHed082

DedHed082 Member

Yeah I have to say I would most DEFINITEY be having sex. At least that is, until all hope of bathing vanished. Just saying...I don't wanna have to smell three week old ball sweat and have a crusty rank armpit in my face...and I wouldn't be any better. I remember reading a book about the most recent Bosnian War and the author was talking about how we, as humans forget we are animals but how bad it would smell in a giant tent full of refugees who hadn't washed in a month. The auhor described it as having a dirty dishtowel soaked in excrement wrapped around your face and pressed to your mouth and nose. Haha these are the things I think about having to endure in a ZA. BUT- yeah having unprotected sex is utterly ridiculously idiotic.

And sorry- but there most definitely IS something wrong with being pregnant during a ZA, IMHO. Puttin the safety of your group in serious peril, endangering yourself and your other child, and also bringing a baby into the world who in all liklihood will cause the deaths of many or even all who are trying to protect it up until it, too is eaten alive by zombies. Its awful. I am sure if she could ask Gleb to get her the abortion pill she could've similiarly asked for BIRTH CONTROL pills LONG before this happened.....I am all for repopulating the earth but only AFTER the zombies are so decomposed all the can do is lie on the ground gnashing their teeth...kinda like those wind up teeth that chatter way? THEN you can lose the birth control!!!

3. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

DedHed, after they left the quarry last season, have you seen anyone bathe? Damn. Maybe it's just me, but I am not going at it with anyone that smells like three day old sweat and zombie snot. ;)

4. Maria

Maria New Member

Think of it this way. It takes two to tango, so to speak. Even if a man really wants to have intimate relations with a woman, who says the woman wants to? I agree that it would be hard to get in the mood anyway but even harder to covince the opposite sex. Women have a tendency to not be as arousable as men. Not always the case but frequently. I have to say that it's hard to believe that anybody would be interested in lovemaking while the world was ending.

I definitely agree that bringing a child into this is completely stupid. It's not even close to a risk worth taking. Sometimes I really struggle to understand these characters. It's weird enough that they are so desperate to survive when there's not much left to live for... now they want to add more people?

5. Maggie

Maggie Member

Not a chance that I'd forgo sex just cause a zombie horde was around.....just sayin.... and yeah... I could see the adrenalin high after Andrea killed all those walkers shifting right over into aggressive sex. I don't fault anyone for having sex. Maggie, Glenn, Andrea, Shane, Lori ... none of them.... and with the demise of social structure, the idea of being monogomous has probably gone out the window. If they are mutually concenting adults, have at it.

BUT - ASSUMING that Rick fesses up and tells the group what we all think Jenner told him, that Randall and Shane came back as zombies because we're all infected already...... if Rick told me that and I was pregnant.... the very first thing going through my mind would be OMFG what if this baby miscarrys!!!! The baby could TURN INSIDE ME and I'd have a ZOMBIE BABY eating me from the inside out..... seriously that is what I would think. I have no f'ing idea what I'd do.

If Rick told me that and I wasn't pregnant - you can bet your sweet ass that I'd make damn sure that I wouldn't willingly start growing a potential zombie baby inside me in a world where the chances of a miscarraige are pretty high. Talk about a mood kill!!

6. Geek the Lamebrain

Lol how much would it suck to survive the Zombie Apocalypse, and then wind up with syphilis or AIDS from unprotected sex with other survivors?
    That would just be cosmically hilarious.

7. chance3100

chance3100 New Member

OMG! that would be soo bad
    "Well we survived the ZA and are starting to rebuild civilization...BTW Jenner told me Shane had AIDS, Andrea,Lori....umm..sorry."

#27 chance3100, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  8. akurei00

akurei00 Member

I'm not saying I wouldn't be a little deterred from sex due to all the smells around, but sex is something that I will eventually need to take care of. Maybe it would end up being a bit of self love but it's gonna happen one way or another. Even with the zombies roaming around. They were at a location with an ample water supply and it's entirely feasible that they were able to run baths on an old farm. So the living probably weren't as bad as you might think.

Protection would be kinda difficult to come by as well. Sure you could send Glenn out to get you some condoms or something but seriously, you're in a situation where you really want to get it on and you're gonna ask a guy to risk his life to get you some protection? And Laurie was hiding her relationship with Shane before Rick's arrival so that makes it even more out of the question.

Just saying that I'm pretty sure sex would still happen and not be all that infrequent. Sure, less than usual, but it's a nice stress reliever and people are gonna want it even with everything falling to shit around them. Maybe protection would be easy to come by and maybe it wouldn't but I would definitely lean towards difficult and not worth risking your life to acquire. Sure, a baby is gonna be tough but on the bright side mankind has to start repopulating sometime. Otherwise, what's the point of surviving in the first place.

9. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

Birth rates skyrocket during wartime. Shared trauma makes people bond - and makes them horny. I'm surprised every woman in the group isn't pregnant.

You get used to bad smells. And not bathing just makes your partner smell better (ex. Napoleon's letter to Josephine: "I'm coming home. Don't bathe").

10. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Rick was not the Sheriff, he told Morgan he was the sheriff's deputy...

11. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

If you think you're better without him on your own go ahead, and send him a post card.
    I'd also leave any camp for the CDC or fort benning army base which I'd hope to be safer.
    and that baby thing you mention is not his fault as the baby is shane's.

12. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I lol'd at this
    wasn't this what Shane did with Lori as well? lol, at least Rick was having sex with his own wife.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Rick wasn't sheriff. so...

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think the reason Dale died so soon is because Jeffrey DeMunn left the show when Durabont was fired. I have a feeling this situation is why Hershel is still alive: to take the scenes that were suppose to happen to Dale, like losing his leg....

15. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

Are you guys talking bad about Rick? I'll be hunting you down!

16. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Yep, there is another one who watches the show and doesnt pay attention.

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He even said he thought about it for a long time.

18. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I hate that little talk at the windmill, I don't think Lori did it for Shane because she knew that he knew she was pregnant with his baby, I think she was scared and wanted to make her peace with Shane, but it only made him REALLY want to kill Rick.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do we know the father of the baby yet? :p

20. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Of course, it's little Shane/Rick/Daryl. Where u been, out with your friends?