Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Open Moderator Position

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Bassman, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I have EST here in Michigan. [MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION]

2. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago so I'm on Central Time. [MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION]

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Est [MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION]

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

[MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION]

City: Melbourne
    State: Victoria
    Region: Asia/Pacific
    [TABLE="class: lpad"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Standard time zone:[/TD]
    [TD]UTC/GMT +10 hours[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]No daylight saving time at the moment[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Time zone abbreviation:[/TD]
    [TD]AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

@Jakobi mine is GMT

[TR]
    [TD]No UTC/GMT offset[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Daylight saving time:[/TD]
    [TD]+1 hour[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Current time zone offset:[/TD]
    [TD]UTC/GMT +1 hour[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]BST - British Summer Time[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

6. apiratesaysarrr

[MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION] - plenty of people in my time zone there already, heh. I'm out. They'll probably be better at it. Didn't know so many people that were interested live around me. If you're looking for an army, I'm in, but just a few? [MENTION=1138]slickg[/MENTION] lives by me, Ska said something about him. He's a cool dude. I AM nominating myself if there are several positions open, that's fine. But not just a few.

7. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

i definitely think there should be a brit time 1, or 2
    cos when we're active, most americans etc are in bed and vice versa
    the ones in oz are normally around when we are too?

looks at hn and dee

8. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Updated. If anyone else is interested, please let us know. @legendx66 Time zone?

@Bassman To help out here is the list from the threads. We ask for only personal interest cause it makes it hard to go through and see who is interested.

There may be a few spots as we have a few that are missing and might not have the time anymore. We like people who are in different time zones, are fair, and have to really try not to take sides. The hardest thing about being a moderator is trying to play a neutral position in issues.

There may be times when a new person joins the forums and creates riffs with the regulars, and then all the regulars are friends and team up against outside or new people. We need to grow the community, and try to encourage people to join and create an atmosphere that works for everyone.

Differences of opinions is something that has to be encouraged. To moderate is to take both sides and find a way to solve the issue so that both parties are happy. In order to do that you have to see both arguments and find a solution.

Also, it helps if you are on a lot or check in quite often.

Interests
    @Online-Don -GMT UK
    @legendx66
    @H5N1 -AEST AUSTRAILIA
    @slw2082 -EST USA
    @RIPRV -CST USA
    @slickg -CST USA
    @WarriorPrincess -EST USA
    @Jama -PST USA
    @mikey417 -EST USA
    @moneytree02 -EST USA

If you can please post your time zone as that is a factor in selection as well. While I can look it up, this will be faster. You can visit:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

1. Type in your city
    2. Tell me what your Standard Time Zone is.

Example

Mine is the following for Binghamton, NY.
    [TR]
    [TD]UTC/GMT -5 hours[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Moderator Guidelines

1. As a Moderator, you are expected to be active on the forum. This not only includes logging in frequently, but posting and creating new topics of interest as well.

2. Moderators are expected to help other members by offering knowledge that you have of the forums and its rules.

3. You are expected to conduct in a way that represents the forum. No offensive behavior or arguments.

4. Do not allow personal attacks towards members. Without getting personal, post a reply in the thread informing that person that his or her actions are inappropriate and no personal attacks are allowed. If they reply back negatively, either send them a private message or post the thread in the Moderator discussion forum and the appropriate actions will be taken.

5. In an instance where a member’s behavior is so offensive that it requires a ban, post the thread within the Moderator discussion and appropriate actions will be taken.

6. If a thread is started in the wrong board, move the thread to the correct board.

7. Do not take sides with members. As a mod you must treat everyone equally. We understand that people have become friends on the site which could cloud judgment when addressing an issue within a thread.

8. Do not argue with members inside a post. As a Moderator, you must not be confrontational. This will cause more issues. Similar to rule 4, post a reply in the thread. If they ignore your post or become argumentative, send them a PM explaining the rules. If this does not correct the issue or if they reply negatively, post the conversation between you and that member in the Moderator discussion thread and appropriate actions will be taken.

9. Treat all members equally and with respect. You should exercise restraint when responding to members. Try to keep your personal opinions regarding posts and other members to yourself as it reflects negatively on the forum. We understand this could be difficult at times but the responsibility of being a forum Moderator includes acting in a manner that is considered unbiased and level-headed.

10. All information in the Moderator forums should not be shared with other members.

11. If a thread becomes too personal or if you do not agree with the topic, please inform a Mod, SuperMod or Admin that you can no longer moderate that thread without your personal opinion getting in the way. The debate forum is a great example. Everyone has an opinion and not everyone agrees on all topics. If someone creates a thread and you do not agree with someone’s views on the subject, do not post. Let another Mod, SuperMod or admin that is open minded about the topic oversee that thread.

12. When topics get side tracked, remind people to stay on topic.

13. Do not put members on your ignore list. As a mod, you should see everyone that is posting. Ignoring someone will not help resolve the issue.

We understand that being a Moderator can be frustrating at times. We all came here to discuss the show and other topics with fellow fans. Being a Moderator can sometimes take away the fun. We do not want our Moderators to feel that they can no longer participate in discussions. We just have to conduct ourselves with a little more restraint. If you feel that a topic is getting out of hand and you’re not comfortable moderating that topic, please pass it off to someone else. We are all here to have a good time and we do not want to take that away from anyone.

9. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

sod it, im gonna throw my hat in the ring lol, im on every day, im GMT like Don so here when the americans arent, not been here that long but.............im fair, im against racism, homophobia, sexism , islamophobia et al
    i also hate trolls ;) lol

dont think ive posted owt that offensive, to my knowledge? suppose ill have to moderate my own behavior :( lol

ive also been moderator on a couple of punk sites, im currently admin on one, although not that much happens on em that needs moderating to be fair, this one really doesnt seem that bad either, pretty laid back?
    also been a long term, liked reg on a few more forums since 2002 and i do have some putery skills i try and share when needed

10. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

Ok, so after a lot of consideration I'm going to go for this spot! Good luck everyone!!

@Jakobi Toronto Canada!
    Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -5 hours
    Daylight saving time: +1 hour
    Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -4 hours
    Time zone abbreviation: EDT - Eastern Daylight Time

#170 adrenalineknife, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

@Jakobi
    i'm east coast.

[TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]+1 hour[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]UTC/GMT -4 hours[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]EDT - Eastern Daylight Time[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

#171 legendx66, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  12. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

[MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION] I made a boo boo on my timezone. I'm actually EDT. Sorry about that!

13. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Updated. If anyone else is interested, please let us know.

@Bassman To help out here is the list from the threads. We ask for only personal interest cause it makes it hard to go through and see who is interested.

There may be a few spots as we have a few that are missing and might not have the time anymore. We like people who are in different time zones, are fair, and have to really try not to take sides. The hardest thing about being a moderator is trying to play a neutral position in issues.

There may be times when a new person joins the forums and creates riffs with the regulars, and then all the regulars are friends and team up against outside or new people. We need to grow the community, and try to encourage people to join and create an atmosphere that works for everyone.

Differences of opinions is something that has to be encouraged. To moderate is to take both sides and find a way to solve the issue so that both parties are happy. In order to do that you have to see both arguments and find a solution.

Also, it helps if you are on a lot or check in quite often.

Interests
    @Online-Don -BST UK
    @legendx66 -EST USA
    @H5N1 -AEST AUSTRAILIA
    @slw2082 -EST USA
    @RIPRV -CST USA
    @slickg -CST USA
    @WarriorPrincess -EST USA
    @Jama -PST USA
    @melthebell- BST UK
    @mikey417 -EST USA
    @adrenalineknife - EST CANADA
    @moneytree02 -EST USA

If you can please post your time zone as that is a factor in selection as well. While I can look it up, this will be faster. You can visit:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

1. Type in your city
    2. Tell me what your Standard Time Zone is.

Example

Mine is the following for Binghamton, NY.
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Moderator Guidelines

1. As a Moderator, you are expected to be active on the forum. This not only includes logging in frequently, but posting and creating new topics of interest as well.

2. Moderators are expected to help other members by offering knowledge that you have of the forums and its rules.

3. You are expected to conduct in a way that represents the forum. No offensive behavior or arguments.

4. Do not allow personal attacks towards members. Without getting personal, post a reply in the thread informing that person that his or her actions are inappropriate and no personal attacks are allowed. If they reply back negatively, either send them a private message or post the thread in the Moderator discussion forum and the appropriate actions will be taken.

5. In an instance where a member’s behavior is so offensive that it requires a ban, post the thread within the Moderator discussion and appropriate actions will be taken.

6. If a thread is started in the wrong board, move the thread to the correct board.

7. Do not take sides with members. As a mod you must treat everyone equally. We understand that people have become friends on the site which could cloud judgment when addressing an issue within a thread.

8. Do not argue with members inside a post. As a Moderator, you must not be confrontational. This will cause more issues. Similar to rule 4, post a reply in the thread. If they ignore your post or become argumentative, send them a PM explaining the rules. If this does not correct the issue or if they reply negatively, post the conversation between you and that member in the Moderator discussion thread and appropriate actions will be taken.

9. Treat all members equally and with respect. You should exercise restraint when responding to members. Try to keep your personal opinions regarding posts and other members to yourself as it reflects negatively on the forum. We understand this could be difficult at times but the responsibility of being a forum Moderator includes acting in a manner that is considered unbiased and level-headed.

10. All information in the Moderator forums should not be shared with other members.

11. If a thread becomes too personal or if you do not agree with the topic, please inform a Mod, SuperMod or Admin that you can no longer moderate that thread without your personal opinion getting in the way. The debate forum is a great example. Everyone has an opinion and not everyone agrees on all topics. If someone creates a thread and you do not agree with someone’s views on the subject, do not post. Let another Mod, SuperMod or admin that is open minded about the topic oversee that thread.

12. When topics get side tracked, remind people to stay on topic.

13. Do not put members on your ignore list. As a mod, you should see everyone that is posting. Ignoring someone will not help resolve the issue.

We understand that being a Moderator can be frustrating at times. We all came here to discuss the show and other topics with fellow fans. Being a Moderator can sometimes take away the fun. We do not want our Moderators to feel that they can no longer participate in discussions. We just have to conduct ourselves with a little more restraint. If you feel that a topic is getting out of hand and you’re not comfortable moderating that topic, please pass it off to someone else. We are all here to have a good time and we do not want to take that away from anyone.

14. Superman

Superman Well-Known Member

FYI I will be out of town for a few days until Thursday starting tomorrow on vacation. I am addicted, however, so I am sure I will be checking in on my phone via app periodically :)

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This is just an interest thread. The mods and admins will decide from those interested.

16. Jack.

Jack. Member

[MENTION=1]Jakobi[/MENTION] I am also interested in this spot :)

[TR]
    [TD]No UTC/GMT offset[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]+1 hour[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]UTC/GMT +1 hour[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]BST - British Summer Time[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I am in the UK so i would most likely be on at different times to others.

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's been a couple days without a new post, so I thought I'd bump it one last time before we close it down. Anyone else?

EDIT: Well that was 24 hours after the last bump, so I guess the list is closed. I'll announce the new staff soon.

#177 Bassman, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Everyone please welcome the new additions to TWDF staff, Online-Don and H5N1. They'll be upgraded to mod status shortly.

To both of you, welcome aboard and I'll be contacting you shortly with some details.

19. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Boom! [MENTION=3700]H5N1[/MENTION]

20. money

money Well-Known Member

Congratulations @Online-Don and [MENTION=3700]H5N1[/MENTION] !!!