Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Opening scene?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by MorganJones, Mar 18, 2013.

1. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Did anyone understand the opening scene with Michonne and Andrea in the forest? I`am lost to what is going on. What was the significance of it?

2. dontbanmebro

dontbanmebro New Member

To answer the question.."Who were her minions". I got that they were ex boyfriends, or something like that..

3. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

It was to get some back story on Michonne and to show that the Governor is using the restraints Michonne used on her walkers in his little recreation room.

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

To show dumb fans where The Governor got those chains from.

5. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

When Michonne had her debut with her "minions" my first thought was that was either her boyfriend/husband. Was that scene really necessary? It was kind of obvious that they were somehow her boyfriend/husband.

6. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Ah i see thanks!

They really had to explain where he got the chains from? Dont they have something else to worry about.

7. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

I think it was a clever way to remind casual viewers about their relationship as well as fill in some more history about Michonne.

It also served as a reminder about what a liar TG is. He told Tyreese that Andrea spent the winter alone... Could be a setup for Tyreese and Martinez comparing notes and finding out about the lies.

I thought it was cool.

8. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

foreshadowing.

9. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Ever since "Clear" i got caught up with the timeline.

10. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

see i knew what the chains implied will happen in future episodes but at first i never even considered the fact that they took the chains off her walkers when they first picked up her and Andrea. makes for a nice twist tho. thats why im not so sure Andrea is in any trouble quite yet. she might have to fill Glenns role.

11. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

Didn't the Guv have Michonne's pet's heads in one of his aquariums, right?

12. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Aye

13. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

14. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

I would love to see the Governor become Andrea's pet walker.

15. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I think it was pretty much what everyone else said: foreshadowing, a little back story, and an explanation of the chains. At the beginning I thought they were just for Michonne but by the end of the episode I wondered....did he put those chains up for Michonne AND Andrea all along? Was the chair Andrea's fate whether she ran or not? I think so.

16. apiratesaysarrr

Whoa. Had an Andrea moment for several hours and the chain thing (their origin and where they ended up) went TOTALLY over my head for some reason. Glad I clicked on this thread. Shit, that totally makes sense, that room is for Michonne. Damn. WHY did I not understand this, especially when they then showed the gov. hooking up the chains? Do I need to start drinking coffee at night now or something? Damn.

17. 4nomads

4nomads Member

Michonne only indicated she knew them before and did not explain how. Then she said they were not human to begin with.

I took it as necessary character development. I assumed at some point it would be valuable to the viewer to know Michoone was possibly victimized.

I was convinced we would see her in the chair by the end and have her make some remark about her surviving worse or something to that effect.

Maybe now if Andrea gets away it will be Michonne who comforts her and can relate to the experience.

Otherwise I have no idea why we needed to see that. Who cares where the chain came from.

18. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Andrea didn't know who her pet walkers were in that scene and after 8 months with Michonne she STILL probably doesn't know

19. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

I didn't catch the connection with the origin of the chains either. I don't think it's fair as someone earlier said it showed dumb fans where they came from. When I first see them showing the chains leading up to Michonne's walker, I just thought it was a cool way to start the scene. When they show the Guv later I figured they're showing us all the demented things he has in store, but I didn't catch that they were the same chains. I'm glad I clicked on this thread too cause that was a cool story point and I learned it here.

#19 luv it all, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  20. Silky

Silky Member

Who the hell really knows what is meant. She barely spoke in that flashback as well. And for all the comic reader who said who the chained walkers were, we sure didn't get that impression they were the same people. Instead of giving me answers I got more questions. And how do we know they were the same chains? With all the things the Gov has access to, I think he could find his own chains. I also read on here there would be no use of flashbacks....Welp!