Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Otis's family...

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by TheILLness, Mar 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

is sooooo unlucky when it comes to walkers. again idk if someone already pointed this out but all three members of the family, Otis, Patricia & Jimmy, all got eaten alive. its really sad. but thats the ZA for ya

2. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I thought Jimmy was interesting. And I liked Otis. Agree, it was a sad day for the family.

3. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Not nearly as said as 6.9 billion people getting eatin, but I see your point. :zombies_lol:

4. RickFan22

RickFan22 Member

I liked Otis, he was an honorable chap. Jimmy seemed like an ok kid too, I mean he did sacrafice himself so Rick and Carl could live (although probably unintentional)

5. Carl's a n00b

Carl's a n00b New Member

Jimmy was a derp. Just slow down so they can jump on the roof of the RV, then drive boy drive. . . Looked like he was getting out of the RV when he was devoured . . why would you get out? btw I think Jimmy was meant to be Beth's ex-boy friend not attached to Otis and Patricia per se, they just shared refugee status Hershal-stan USA.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

It didn't seem like Jimmy was related to Otis and Patricia; he was Beth's boyfriend, but their relationship was just three months old.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Indeed. Jimmy wasn't family with the Greenes. Hershel actually mentions that in one episode when he's fueling up the generator and asks Rick why they took him out. Hershel says something along the lines of "Jimmy may not be my kin, but he's a 17 year old boy and i'm responsible for him."

#7 Bassman, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Jimmy is (er was) Beth's boyfriend and not related to Patricia or Otis (who were a couple).

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hahah yeah...I was going to say it seems to be a family extinction event. Now there is only one biological family ... (not taking into account who's baby she is carrying and what I might not know about who Carl's father might actually be) left, and its not good news for families!

10. Juliana

Juliana New Member

Honestly, I didn't really feel that sorry for the people who died (except for Otis, he was good) as much as I felt sad for Hershel's suffering. They were like family, Hershel helped the group and let them stay around the farm, but then Patricia, Otis and Jimmy, so to me it kind of felt like a kick to the stomach on the group's behalf, because let's be honest, if they hadn't been there things would've gone a whole different way.

11. WalkingLive

WalkingLive Member

Even though it's often due to numbers, it's still hard to see Walkers overpower Thinkers. Darwin at work. :)

12. Belha

Belha Member

Lucky Beth! hahaha. I liked Jimmy's intriguing errr... atmosphere around him? Always so quiet and i dont know if on purpose but like... misterious, like there was something more lol.
    But going back to the topic..... AWFUL moment when they were eating Beth off Patricia's arm!! (did i get the names right? sorry!)
    I always wondered...''why dont they just step on it and drive away? Jimmy just stayed there... he was forced by writers, definitely lol.

13. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

ah well i kinda assumed Otis and Patricia were his parents. w/e

14. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

...Proves the age old saying "Nice guys finish last".

15. silmarien

silmarien Member

I don't think Jimmy was related to Otis and Patricia....he was just the boy Beth was dating. Right?

16. Joe Bulloch

Joe Bulloch Member

Why didnt Jimmy just roll up the windows and lock the sidedoors to the RV ... kinda a no-Brainer .

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I think his death was a bit of a last minute addition because he was originally supposed to die where Dale did.

So they were probably just thinking, "ehh....just throw him in the RV. Walkers come in. No more Jimmy."

18. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

Jimmy wasn't related to Patricia or Otis, he was Beth's 3 month boyfriend.

Did anyone think that Patricia was pretty useless in the TV Series? I've read about her comic version, she seems to provide a pretty interesting storyline in there. But TV Patricia?

Do you think she was intended to have a bigger role than what her character arc actually was?

She didn't do much, she helped Carl and T-Dog, threw some chickens to the barn walkers and showed a little emotion on Otis' death. But really, what was she good for other than providing interesting viewing in the season finale.

But if Jimmy had gone out in Dale's way instead of Dale, do you think that would provide a little more story to the current Beth and Carl flirting thing? Carl would probably feel a lot of guilt, knowing he caused the death of Beth's boyfriend.

19. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

Poor red shirts

I thought it was a little ham-handed to have the bulk of the casualties come from the farm crew. But it was fair insofar as they wouldn't have the finely wrought survival instincts that those who were caught on the road did (ex. Dale, Glenn or Andrea would have either barred the RV door or kept going IMO).

20. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

Beth's dead is really useless and came up as "ok let's kill her... quick!" really she didn't see the walkers come .... pleaaase