Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ouch Hershel!

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by Scylix, Oct 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Totally agree. Pirates!

2. ryannasaurus

ryannasaurus Member

Or the running back that got Hershel's wife.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

That wasn't Hershel's wife it was Otis' wife.

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

That walker looked like me on the couch after thanksgiving dinner. Only it was blond I think... dirty dead...dishwater faded to yuckiness blond.

5. shaun11

shaun11 New Member

I went back and watched it again and the group did indeed walk pass the walker(sleeper) then Hershal hears Maggie say dad and Hershal turns and goes back past him and gets bitten.

6. zombiedad1983

zombiedad1983 Member

The walker sitting on the floor that bite hershals ankle was what they call a "lurker" in the comics. There are "lurkers" and "roamers". lurkers stay in one spot and roamers walk around place to place. When I saw it sitting there I really hoped that it would attack and was very happy when it finally did.

Do you think his leg will start hopping around on its own. LOL:zombies_lol:

#86 zombiedad1983, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
  7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Not without a connection to the brain. This isn't Return of the Living Dead....

8. rabscuttle1

I've been posting this and you're only the second person I've seen mention lurkers and roamers. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that understood what was going on.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Even with the understanding of roamers and lurkers from the comic, the one that got Hershel seemed to wait until just the right dramatic moment. A bit too convenient even for lurker standards imho, but nothing to complain about either.

10. rabscuttle1

The thing is it works better in TWD than in any other movie or show where it would be just a cheap scare tactic. In TWD there's a reason for it. remember the zombie in DAWN that waits to grab Roger after Peter already ran past. Even though it's the greatest zombie movie of all time I've always wondered how that zombie was smat enough to hide and wait. In TWD we have a reason and I like that.

11. Geek the Lamebrain

Something I noticed: in the 'this season on The Walking Dead' trailer at the end of the episode, they don't show Hershel once. There is a shot of what appears to be a grieving Beth.

12. rabscuttle1

Hershel lives.

13. AVC

AVC Member

Technically he should die. No way they cut the leg off quick enough. The blood flow is too fast to prevent zombie toxin returning to the system. But thats just technically speaking.

What if he got bit on the ass? That amputation would be a killer!

14. Geek the Lamebrain

Think how tough this has been on poor old Hershel. I don't how long his old heart will be able to keep going. I kept thinking, while Rick was cutting of his leg, 'even if he doesn't turn, he's just going to die of shock, or have a heart attack or something'. Not to mention the threat of the stump becoming infected.

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I would have liked this a lot better as well. Two groups running in the dark around a corner at each other, then before they know it.... hershel stabbed in the belly.

Personally, I can't see the zombie bite, then all of them run down the hall, then I'll chop your leg off with an axe, and hope my belt can hold your blood in and... hope we find the antibiotics and antizombie meds soon! If the guy didn't exsanguinate he'd probably get septic and dead even without the zombies.

16. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Dafuq is this shit? How can you not see someone getting bit then them chopping it off?

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

He's not saying that line to The Governor. Clever editing of the trailer made it appear that way.

In a new promo AMC has been airing for this weekend's episode, we see that he's talking to one of the prisoners. The one with long black hair.

18. rabscuttle1

Nothing is known about how zombies work. Maybe whatever it is needs to sit in the wound and incubate or something before it spreads into the blood. But however it works chopping off the bitten body part does stop whatever causes the fever. But trying to apply how known venom and toxins work in the human body is useless because we're talking about a completely new thing here.

19. mabbaticchio

mabbaticchio New Member

My Thoughts exactly

20. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

The infection of the bite works locally and takes its time to goes through the body (remember season 1), so they could save Hershell by cutting his leg. It's a very powerful infection - with lots of bacteria I'd assume - but remember that Hershell is already infected with the zombie "virus", that won't kill him. The infection does and - IMO - it didn't seem to spread beyong the below part of his leg.

So Hershell surviving seems believable.
    I actually thought Hershell would die this season, but now I don't think so - he will be killed during the cannibals arc for sure... This was actually the first episode I liked him, I don't wanna him gone so fast.