Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Outbreak CG Scenario - Watch the Virus Spread

Discussion in 'Zombie Chatter' started by br0k3n, Apr 12, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

This link is to an interactive model designed by researchers at Cornell. It draws data from the 2010 U.S. Census and depends on the SIR model, an epidemiological model sometimes used to predict the spread of real-life infectious diseases like measles and rubella. In the SIR model, individuals are either susceptible (S), infected (I) or recovered or immune (R) from a disease. But with zombies, of course, there’s a bit of a twist: Once a zombie, always a zombie. There are no R’s here.

http://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/

YOU plant a zombie(s) in any city (cities) you desire, then watch the outbreak unfold.

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's pretty fun - i'm curious though what the difference is between red and black...when i changed the parameters, sometimes the blob is red, and sometimes it's black with some red mixed in. I wish there was a key to it so we could get more of an explanation! It's fun though to see how fast it could spread.

3. Jay Bonansinga

Did anyone else do this and weep uncontrollably?

Thank You~A weeping Jay

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

You're such a sensitive guy, Jay.

5. Jay Bonansinga

I started it in the Twin Cities and the whole east coast was infected in just about 2 months dammit! I was writing a book about a young girl who survives the ZA locked in an old refrigerator but this is just more pressing! Lucky for you not all of MI was lost! A few pockets of rural Michigan survived!

Thank You~Jay

6. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

It's not working for me ahhh

7. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Doesn't work on iPad - try using your personal computer. Use your mouse to drop an infected zombie in any city.

8. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

? I don't even have an iPad. I'm on my desktop.

9. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Oh - I'm not sure what the issue is then. Did you pause/unpause? You have to use the controls provided. Site has worked flawlessly each time I've been on. But I tried from iPad and it wouldn't respond. That's what I thought you might be doing.