Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

outlander

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by fruitfulandgay, Aug 2, 2014.

1. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Oh no, oh no. Not sure what to do. I'm not sure the boyfriend will be amenable to a new cable subscription, but this is my favorite book series of all time. Thousands of pages I've read, multiple times. Is anyone else a fan of Diana Gabyldon?

2. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Awesome, he gets it the subscription is a done deal as long as he doesn't have to watch, lol.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I love that book series too. Even got the hubs to read them, well he did the audio books, so it was no problem getting him to sign up with Starz. It didn't hurt that he also liked Black Sails. Not to mention he uses Outlander as an excuse to drag out the Glenfiddich and down a few, lol.

So far we're pleased with the show and can't wait for it to resume in April.

4. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Outlander is probably my favorite book series! I'm enjoying the tv series as well, just really pissed that there is a six month gap in the show.

5. purriwinkle

IKR? That really kills me too. Tobias Menzes is really hitting it out of the ball park with his portrayal of Black Jack Randall. He's so menacing I don't know if I'll be able to handle what happens in the second half with Jamie in Wentworth. I have a feeling they're gonna push the envelope cause they certainly didn't shy away from the flogging scene.

6. southernlady

Tobias is amazing! He can make you like Frank and loathe Black Jack! I absolutely love Sam as Jamie. But what is surprising me is I am becoming a big fan Caitriona, to me she has embodied Claire. The flogging scene was intense, and the way Black Jack described it as art...OMG I wanted to slug him! The Wentworth scene is important (for lack of a better phrase) because it does shape Jaime and events to come. It is Starz so I'm willing to bet they won't hold back too much.

I really thought the MSF would be when Claire tells Jaime she is from the future. If they are pacing each season off of each book they are going to have to pick up the pace a bit I think (even though I want as much of the book in the series as possible!).

7. purriwinkle

Agreed. The very first epi back will be the rescue,of course, and the big spanking scene. Then we have to go back to Leoch where we have maybe the big sex scene? Then Cranesmuir. Then off to Lollybroch where I suspect they'll condense things somewhat until Jamie is captured. Only way I can think of to make up time. It's too bad a lot of the little things may have to go by the wayside but we may be surprised at how much they manage to get in.

8. southernlady

Were you disappointed that Claire and Frank didn't marry in the same church as Claire and Jaime? For some reason that was a big disappointment to me.

9. purriwinkle

I think I was more surprised than disappointed. I know all too well that when they adapt the written word, they make changes, so I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind....and that carries through to casting choices and little things they've changed around but much of what I've seen so far is beautiful and evocative. I'm especially enjoying the Rupert and Angus show...hilarious although it wasn't in the book. Now if I can get used to listening to Gellis's voice. lol

10. Queen Bethy

Queen Bethy Member

Watching for Tobias tbh he is amazing he makes Frank the guy I root for

11. purriwinkle

Congrats to Outlander for winning the 2015 People's Choice Award for the category of Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show. They beat out Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Dr. Who and American Horror Story. Never underestimate the power of women who have been waiting twenty years to see this book series come to life on screen. Thanks to the men who voted too. It really is exceptional.

Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe with their award
    [​IMG]

12. purriwinkle

Have you seen this? I can. not. wait for April 4th. An official trailer is coming soon.

[video=youtube;n9xAUoxmKJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xAUoxmKJw[/video]

13. purriwinkle

Here's the official Starz trailer for the second part of season one:

[video=youtube;Cdz_PtXrkwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdz_PtXrkwQ&list=PLYg6DkgTt8JC6s2FHqTZI55k Jm61w7TbE[/video]

14. purriwinkle

It's all about the kilts....*sigh*

[​IMG]

15. southernlady

I can't wait!!! Jaime has been sitting in that window a long time :)

16. purriwinkle

In the official trailer I noticed Jamie will be getting out of that window straight away. Did you catch the snip of Murtagh telling Jamie that Claire doesn't know what she cost them? Someone's in for some blistered buns, ye ken?

Did you read the books? I can't for the life of me remember Jamie dueling in Outlander. In DragonFly yes, but not in the first one. Has me a bit confused.

#16 purriwinkle, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  17. purriwinkle

Going through Droughtlander here like everyone else. How 'bout some pics of Epi 7, The Wedding: Part One

The Happy Couple (Jaime was anyways)
    Into the church

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the ceremony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and then

[​IMG]

Part II; The Honeymoon

18. purriwinkle

Before the Honeymoon and the clothes come off, a better view of the Wedding finery :

James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser
    [​IMG]

Claire Beauchamp Randall

[​IMG]

19. purriwinkle

I promised the Honey Moon. Only six images per post so this may be another two parter

Awkward....let's talk

[​IMG]

and drink

[​IMG]

first try

[​IMG]

cockblocked...tell me about your family....but later

[​IMG]

To bed it would seem but first a kiss

[​IMG]

"Where did you learn to kiss like that?"
    "I said I was a virgin, not a monk." "If I need guidance, I'll ask"