Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Owls any relevance?

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by gavuk, Mar 3, 2015.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

Blondie flirt Jessie has a owl tattoo on her forearm (seen when cutting Rick hair) and she was making a owl sculpture with her kids......

mean anything?

Also i read on this forum her husband is Pete , is this the same surgeon Pete that Aaron refers to?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, that's Pete the surgeon. There was also a small tattoo behind her ear that I couldn't quite make out, but it looked like it also could have been a tiny owl.

3. Neuropyramidal

I think they are giving her a cute little trait [owl lover] so that

4. Neuropyramidal

5. JMac

JMac Member

I don't think it means anything specific. In real life I think she has some tattoos but haven't looked in photo of her- so can't say.

Owls can mean sudden change in Navajo Culture I know at least... Whether that change is good or bad is up to the persons perspective. I have also heard they can mean sudden bad luck. But I would assume that kinda goes along with the first one. Some people take or perceive sudden change as bad in general.
    I think in many different cultures it has many different symbolism's but that's the one I know about. Owl are pretty crazy birds. We have had one in our backyard that returns every late summer for the last cpl years - and that thing is so crazy looking. Its eyes almost glow. Crazy. Also did you know; fun fact owls do not have muscles in their eyes so that is why compensated for the muscles in their necks and can turn their heads around. They can't move their eyes.

As for the Pete drama- don't wanna ruin it for you. I mean somethings not right, you must have got that notion from his creepy creeper attitude in the dark on the porch. Lets just say; he remains a creeper, and its dealt with.

6. the walking jet

the actress (alexandra breckenridge) who plays jessie has tatoos in real life.. i wondered if the ones we saw are real or for the show??

7. Neuropyramidal

It appears just for the show.

[​IMG]

8. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Daryl first made the owl famous back in season 3 ep 1, when he shot that owl perched up in that abandoned house.

Yet I can empathize with an Owl. He is know for talking about his many relatives, and tends to tell drawn long out stories, often involving his many relatives, which bore the others. He is indeed a intellectual but his intelligence is somewhat questionable. A wise old owl he is. Who doesn't find fascination with owls?

But I've always liked owls. I made a painting of one back in 2010 :) Does anyone remember dissecting apart an owl pellet back in middle school science class? Amazing.

9. the walking jet

owls are sometimes depicted in the occult..

i wonder if that's the angle the show's going for??

10. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Found this online:
    In ancient Egyptian, Celtic, and Hindu cultures the symbolic meaning of owl revolved around guardianship of the underworlds, and a protection of the dead.
    In this light the owl was ruler of the night and seer of souls. A misunderstanding of this necessary relationship gave the owl some negative associations with death.
    It should be clear that the owl was honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the owl accompanying a spirit to the underworld - winging it's newly freed soul from the physical world into the realm of spirit.

11. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think she's just a milf with a milf tattoo... I'm surprised they didn't have her bending over to show an owl tramp-stamp tattoo. :zombies_rolleyes:

12. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Imagine a scene between Jessy and Daryl.

D: What is it with you and the owls anyway? Aren't people like you more into dolphins or butterflies?
    J: I dunno, there's just something about them, I... I just love owls...
    D: Yeah, me too, they're delicious...

13. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

14. stanthewarrior

stanthewarrior New Member

Maybe Jessie is a fan of those adult swim bumps from 2010-2014

15. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

There was also a painting of a giant yellow owl in her son's room.

16. halcyon

halcyon Member

Comic spoilers ahead:
    Jessie is actually the next antagonist of the series. She works with a small group of others to gather a huge army of owls to conquer the entire world and rule as the Owl Queen. The sculpture she was building was not a sculpture at all; rather, it was a shrine to Poktok'tykhlak, the ancient Owl-God of Sulawesi. Rick has put himself in great danger by destroying the sacred monument.

In all honesty, I have no idea what the owl means. Maybe she just likes owls.

17. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Who all has an owl tattoo? Hoo Hoo? I guess I shouldn't really give a hoot.

18. Heriot of Fire

They are not what they seem.

19. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

Is this related to Patricia Highsmith's novel ?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cry_of_the_Owl