Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Percy and the Strawberries.

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

Percy is just biding his time until he can sneak out of the hospital, steal a helicopter, and return to Jurassic Park and his grandkids...

2. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

He actually did remind me of John Hammond too.

3. WhiteCoat

WhiteCoat Member

I thought Percy was allergic to strawberries at first, and was inducing an allergic fit to help Beth.
    But now I realize that Percy didn't really want the strawberries at all. The strawberries were a ruse, because Percy understood nobody gave anything away for free. The system didn't work like that in O'Grady. But he liked Beth, and wanted to help her anyway.
    He liked Beth.
    A little too much.
    As we all know the post-credits scene reveals Percy smashing the strawberries into crude crayon drawings of Beth as he cries and furiously rubs himself. NOT looking good for Beth you guys...

#23 WhiteCoat, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Percy Jackson and the Strawberry thief.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

i wanna know why the paitents are deprived strawberrys what kinda sick place is that

6. guvuh

guvuh New Member

What struck me as weird was how he took the strawberries into that one hand and then immediately started coughing, and he slumps to the floor with the strawberries in his hand and all these young guys running over to worry about him.
    That made me uncomfortable. If the guy is choking seeing something balled up in his fist, you're gonna be looking at things like his hands to see if there's some clue as to why he's choking.

And so maybe he is allergic to strawberries and everyone knows it, so they were just a prop used to sell the emergency more.
    but to get the most attention, if this was the case, he would've dropped the strawberries as they approached, or moved as if he was concealing his hand and make them focus more on that and finding out what was in his hand.

and it kinda looks like as he slumps down, that there are no strawberries in his left hand. so I don't think that's the entire truth either.

He might be some kind of master of prestidigitation, and managed to slip the strawberries into his waistband on the way down, hoping to recover them later and eat them at his own leisure.

so maybe you're right about him being a museum dinosaur exhibit curator, but also moonlighting as a party clown/kid's magician. and now this particular skill set is paying off in the zombie apocalypse. and I think you're on to something with his tendencies to overtip. I bet it's even worse. I bet he totally resented the servers and overtipped them anyways. and then later in the evening would stand in front of the mirror in his underwear, doing imitations of them all.
    I think the man is very nice becuz he helped Beth, but he's clearly a danger and needs to be dealt with.
    I hope Rick sees his true colors and doesn't fall for that whole "Percy" routine.

#26 guvuh, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I must have missed something. How do we know that the character is named Percy?

I did a quick IMDB lookup and the actor had a bit part in the movie Glory.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The end credits.

9. Wombat

Wombat Member

hadn't even thought of coughing up fake blood. In all honesty, I saw this scene initially from quite a distance away from the tv and I didn't see that they were strawberries. I really thought Beth had something in her hand that she'd gutted out of a walker. Lot of walker gore in this ep ... And just reflected this onto Beth as well I guess:zombies_confused:

ha, yes I thought he wasn't the most subtle there. *cough* *cough* *stealthy side look* "oh I'm fine now.

now that is funny. Love it :) just keep him away from test tubes.

I'm liking Percy more and more as we add to his Resume /CV. I'd also add that he was a food critic... With a fascination for organically grown strawberries with a hint of napalm in them.

10. Neuropyramidal

haha, I'm picturing you watching your neighbor's TV from your window.

I like Percy too, ever since I learned he was an organ donor, and enjoys checkers, but the one bad point on his resume is that he needed strawberries to help Beth. "Its not enough that I'm helping to save a human life here, I also need 2 strawberries.". And I'm still not quite buying the bribe idea, given they live in an environment that has a buffet.

11. Wombat

Wombat Member

*quietly puts down the binoculars* ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. WhiteCoat

WhiteCoat Member

"I don't know what that was." -Percy

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I only hope he ate those strawberries fast cause if they were in his hand through the whole coughing fit then he basically ended up with strawberry mush not to mention the stains on his hands, and then maybe his scrubs. Somebody would notice something.

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that Percy might have superpowers, and one is where he can fake cough and lower the perception and awareness of everyone around them unless their name has "e" as their second letter, like his. He just requires strawberries in his hand to activate it. It would explain why he needed the strawberries, why Tanaka and O'Donnell didn't notice the strawberries in his hand or when Percy stopped coughing as soon as Beth walked by and why Beth was unaffected.

15. CheesyBirdMess

Everyone - you have it all wrong.

Percy wanted Beth to give him her Cherry! But she said she couldn't find Cherries, so would Strawberries do instead? :zombies_lol:

16. CheesyBirdMess

And the Oscar goes to..

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Those strawberries were not added to the bill. It's like the waiter bringing an extra slice of pie, without charge

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

i didn't notice last night, but I just now saw that one of Percy's attendants is another, young, "patient".
    [​IMG]

19. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I can't help but think you're being purposely obtuse here Neuro. Nothing was free at the hospital. They had to work for every morsel of food they ate. Beth was hoarding a lolloy pop for lunch so that she wouldn't acrue more debt, lol. Poor Percy just couldn't afford a strawberry.

20. Neuropyramidal

lol, I think you guys are being deliberately obtuse. :p. They all know darn well they can't leave. So they know it doesn't matter how much food they take. It doesn't matter, they can never leave lol. It makes no sense whatsoever that Percy would risk getting caught in a scheme like that, for 2 strawberries, when he could like wash 2 plates for them. And he has to wash plates forever anyway, because he can never pay off the debt. :p