Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EternalWreckage, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I resurrected this thread to talk about my pet peeve and then i forgot what it was.

2. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

Abusive men... and they try to act like it's your fault. Fall off a cliff.

3. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

A lot...

Most have been named already in the thread

4. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Oh gawd get ready.....

Drivers in the US, whats up? Why do you need to talk and text while driving? What so damn important? Waiting for people to comment or like the picture of your lunch you posted to instagram???? Also, please learn how to operate at four way stops. And get off my bumper!!!!

Its VOILA. Not "walla". Its French, dammit.

People who mash names together. Im looking at you, Richonne shippers. Bennifer ? Brangelina? Please stop.

Calling something stupid "retarded". Or "gay". Please go back several decades where you belong.

Calling something "PC" when its really about showing respect. There is nothing political or correct about asking for some respect. Its human decency to request that someones heritage or disability be spoken of in a non jerkish way. See my above post about "retarded" and "gay". And no, Redskins is not a term of endearment.

Truck balls. Nuff said.

Giving small children ipads or phones to keep them quiet. Throw them some crayons or teach them how to behave, you lazy parent.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Lately, my pet peeve, are those "like and type amen ", posts on Facebook.
    How many times must you be told that scammers start that sh*t, to steal your info. They then sell it to hackers. Even Facebook posted an article on it. But people still fall for it. Enough already.

6. Chassit

Chassit Member

Lose is the opposite of win
    Loose is the opposite of tight

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

When slow people won't get the f*ck out of my way.

People who don't know the difference between an S2000 and a Miata.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

People who think the public streets are a racetrack ;). I'm just trying to go to the grocery store, get off my ass!

9. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Stupidity. Omg I hate stupidity. Political correctness, which is another form of stupidity. Actually, you could fill volumes with my pet peeves...

Also, I'm fed up with all the political shit. This is already going to a f*ck ed up election. Being inundated with that stupidity just makes it that much worse.

10. HondaS2kXD

Well... Think about this:

[​IMG]

Assuming a highway scenario, if driver A would like to travel at 85, and driver B is in front of him, doing 65, driver B is costing Driver A close to a quarter of a mile every minute or about 12 seconds per mile.

If Driver B moves into the right lane, it costs them nothing. Plus Driver A gives them a thumbs-up for being so considerate.

On a back roads scenario, Driver A knows that even though the speed limit is 35, he can easily make it up to 85 between bends and negotiate the bends at anywhere from 60-70. If he gets stuck behind driver B here, it doubles the trip time. Also, since twisty back roads are where driving is the most fun, it costs driver A his very soul. On the other hand, is driver B pulls over, it costs 10 seconds to stop and 10 seconds to get back up to 35. Plus Driver A keeps his soul and gives a thumbs up. Plus-plus, driver B isn't being tailgated, isn't frustrated, and wins karma points for being awesome.

In short: if you pull over, you get karma and thumbs-ups and don't get annoyed or tailgated.
    [​IMG]

#590 HondaS2kXD, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've actually pulled over many times for people who seem hellbent on putting everyone's lives at risk by going far over the speed limit, which I usually dont follow but I don't go more than 5-10 over. I'd rather get myself and my almost 2 year old out of their path so yep I agree pulling over is great. Also I'm very familiar with how freeway lanes work...

12. HondaS2kXD

Well, at least you're nice about it. Thanks!

(though, putting peoples' life at risk isn't accurate. People who text or drink and drive kill people. Speeders are too busy paying attention to the road. There's a reason Germany has less than half the traffic fatality rate as us. Speed saves lives.)

#592 HondaS2kXD, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think it all risks lives but we can agree to disagree on that :)

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

People who say "loose" instead of "lose".

People who say "common" instead of "come on".

People who say "your" instead of "You're".

I can forgive spelling and grammar mistakes, but those 3 above annoy me.

15. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Same for me plus 'somethink' instead of 'something'

16. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

- people smacking their food or gum
    - when someone takes something of mine and then doesn't put it back where they got it
    - republicans

17. HondaS2kXD

People who think Nathan is short for Nathaniel and choose to call me the latter. If I could choose to rid the world of confusion over their/there/they're and your/you're confusion, or stop people from calling me Nathaniel, I would choose the latter without hesitation.

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ok another driving pet peeve...when you're driving along in slow, rush hour traffic and there is nowhere you can go because traffic is f*cked, and some ass is tailgating you so close you can see their face in your rearview. I feel like asking them why they prefer to ride so close to my bumper, and how exactly do they expect me to speed up when traffic is going nowhere?

Also: liars.

19. HondaS2kXD

That we agree on. I only tailgate people when their changing lanes would benefit me.

20. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

My dachshunds are experts at pet pees.