Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EternalWreckage, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not innocent in the tailgating department...i do it too when people are going super slow in the passing lane or going under the speed limit. I was tailgating a guy once in the left lane on the freeway, and he could tell i was irritated so he refused to move...then when i tried to pass him on the right-hand side because i had no other choice, he hurried up and got in the right lane. Then he straddled the line so i couldn't pass him at all. I'm not a violent person but i had violent thoughts that day.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

PIT his ass into the guard rail. Lol.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ya know, I should have...i was in my old car anyway that i had already hit a deer with! Might as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Waking up (or being woken up by a person or animal) anytime within 1 hour prior to my alarm going off.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I probably already posted this, but anyone who labels themselves a "snob". Food snobs, beer snobs, wine snobs, etc. Get over yourself.

Also, "book snobs". People who brag constantly that they will ONLY read paper copies of books. For the record, i grew up reading books so yeah of course i prefer the hard copy because it's what i was used to...but i've also learned to appreciate the convenience of digital books. What bothers me is that the people who brag about this the most think this makes them special and unique. No you aren't special, sorry. Get over yourself.

Man i didn't realize how grouchy i was today!

6. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Have a Snickers, Jen, you're hangry! :zombies_lol:

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I did post that while i was eating, so maybe i needed to wait a few minutes ;) Those are pet peeves of mine though, i just normally grit my teeth and let it go. It feels good to vent!

8. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Oh, no worries, I was just pulling your chain since you had a few in a row. I also almost demanded half of the Snickers bar since, you know, that's the New World Order, but it seemed like you could really use the whole thing. ;)

I'm in outside sales, so I'm on the road a LOT during the day and see all manner of driving that honestly makes me want to create a Lucille of my own, believe you me. :zombies_lol:

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ugh, yeah i think 80% of my pet peeves are driving related! Here, have half of my snickers bar.

#609 Jen7, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

When someone makes a post on Facebook and says something like "Wow! I can't believe that my kid is 13 teen years old now. Happy birthday!"

This is a double whammy because any number between 12 and 20 doesn't need to be followed up with the word "teen". Lol

The second "pet peeve" isn't really a pet peeve. I just think it's funny that a loving parent would say something like "I cannot believe my kid turned (__) today". Well.... you know their date of birth, soooooo....

I know, I know.... the context is not meant to be taken literally. But still.

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again: People who cannot park in a parking lot. :mad: There it is, acres and acres of parking spaces, and entitled sociopaths park in the red zone in front of the store. And, no, not pausing for a quick second, not a lack of space in the parking lot, and not handicapped. Even handicapped signed cars can't park in the red zone, SO MOVE IT.

I am looking forward to smart technology that will automatically detect and ticket the idiots who park in red zones by parking lots. I bet it's coming because I read they are already creating technology for the handicapped spaces. If you park in those and the sensor can't detect your handicap-chipped license plate or placard, you will get an automated ticket.

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It boils down to a "me first" mentality that is so pervasive in our culture.

You can actually discern a lot about a person's character by observing how they handle themselves when driving and parking.

If someone has a complete lack of regard for people when choosing to park in a handicap spot, then they probably show a lack of regard for people in other ways as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lindigo

Yeah, and I think this driving peeve of mine is also related to the "me first, I'm the only one who matters" mind set. I think the majority of driver don't use turn signals anymore. A couple of days ago I stopped at a 4-way stop and someone stopped directly across from me. Then we both proceeded. I went straight and he turned across me without signaling and gave me the finger, even though I braked immediately. Sigh. It's a good thing automated cars are on the way.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Lindigo

Isn't that every day? lol But, seriously, that was exactly why I put in the cat door when I was working and really needed my sleep. Best money I ever spent.

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm only reviving this old thread to keep things interesting.

@Dnae is going to hate me for this. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I really hate it when people drag open old threads for no particular reason.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I hate when drivers pull onto the shoulder of the freeway to let motorcycles pass. If there is not enough room to safely pass, I’m sorry, they have to wait. Please stay on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Here motorcyclists just go inbetween the lanes. I wanna open my driver door sometimes.

It’s called lane splitting.

20. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

We have lane sharing here in california which means if you don’t put your tires on the outside marking, they shake their head at you. I just drive normally. If i hear them, i will ride the left side of the lane but im not leaving the road. Im also not going to spend all day every waiting for someone who MIGHT pass. They definitely KNOW they are passing me. Its up them to make sure its safe to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1