Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pet Sematary

Discussion in 'Horror Books' started by Rapscallion, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I recently finished reading Pet Sematary. I've heard that Stephen King considers the novel to be his most frightening work. In fact, King was so upset with the manuscript, he hid it inside his desk drawer until his wife Tabitha, encouraged him to send it to his agent.

I thought the book was good, but too slow at times. The last 150 pages, however, are terrifying.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I've read it too, more than once. It scared me too , even more than the film did. I would have to say it is one of his scariest works.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The first time the book got me scared was when Jud recalled the Timothy Baterman incident. Everything after Louis enters the cemetary to dig up Gage's body, is white knuckles.

I've read that Guillermo del Toro wants to direct a remake of Pet Sematary.

4. LadyGrimes

A remake would be interesting, just to see how close to the book they can keep it this time.

5. LMT

LMT Member

6. LadyGrimes

7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I really liked Pet Sematary and I have to agree it's definitely one of Stephen King's most frightening novels. I read it years ago and I'd like to reread it again to see how I view it this time around. What I got from it was death-denial and complicated grief. Death is the one thing we are all guaranteed in this life. But what if there's a way we can bring our deceased loved ones back to life...only they're who they were when they were alive...

8. CampFire

CampFire Member

That's the very first King book I read back in 1993 when I was 11 years old. It's a great book. Zelda's my personal nightmare also especially in the movie.

Anyone seen the trailer for the new movie yet?