Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pilot [101] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Pilot' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Another thing: If Cal, the 'straight' ( non-using ) dope dealer were concerned about client Nick turning stoolie, he wouldn't just kill him with a gun, or any other violent way.. He'd give him a 'hot shot' of uncut stuff, and let Nick quietly become another statistic.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Nope, Hannibal has dibs on that one.

3. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

This show would have been a lot better if it had Rick Grimes' Beard.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Scott Gimple took it, the selfish bastard.

5. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I was annoyed at the lack of blood on the floor from the guy who had been shot. I'm no expert but he surely would have bled out onto the floor next to the car. It seemed deliberate to leave out the blood to make it more tense.

It was also a bit 'family plot heavy' the best thing about The walking dead is often not knowing anything about the character and finding out as things go along. I get they probably want a tense interesting plot dynamic between the main characters (you aren't my real dad!!!!!) but it made it very slow paced.

Also why was the main kid locked in the car seemingly, then able to open the door later on?

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I didn't think there was enough human emotions.
    Those 3 would have been peeing their pants after seeing Cal still moving.
    Hope next week is a bit better

7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

On a similar note I was really surprised his parents didn't go apeshit when Nick said he KILLED his dealer. The mother just demanded to know where the body was -- end of scene. What? The world hadn't collapsed yet and it was treated as just a minor detail.

8. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Right ! The mom ...a High School ( not Grade School ) guidance counselor would either be completely freaking out, or stunned into apoplexy; not measured and calm like, "...O..K. Let's go check this out ."
    The step-dad ( as an 'enabler' earlier mentioned ) trying to come up with a self-defense excuse was a little more realistic.

9. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

How can we make that show a reality? ;)

10. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I think Gareth would disagree with you on that ;)

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

the idea was that they didn't believe him. They thought it was another of his delusions.

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I feel like the episode was a little drawn out, but I am enjoying seeing the outbreak go down in full. Not bad, AMC!

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

My only criticism is that the "Heart and Soul" of TWD is just not here....so far. TWD made you feel and care about Rick & Morgan right from the get go.. These FTWD characters seem pretty generic so far, but it could be because thay havn't gone through anything so terrible yet that would make you feel sorry for them and care about them so much, we have yet to feel the hopelessness and dispair that we felt right off the bat in TWD..and the feeling is what sucks you right in.. If that's not captured, this show will struggle.. So let's see, so far it's been about what I expected..

14. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Lazy writing.

They should have called it Pookie.

15. Busted Flipflop

I had a roll-my-eyes moment when the stepdad (is it Travis?), in typical television predictability, decided to go to the drug church at night. Who in his right mind does that? Lol, I also kept yelling at him to wipe his hand after getting blood guts all over it. (Did he really stick his hand in there or was it by accident?). There was a blanket nearby. No, he decides to walk out with that crap on his hand. At least wipe your hand on the wall or something. He didn't even shudder or have a look of horror on his face. He's got blood guts on his hand and he just stands there nonchalantly likes its completely normal.

The mom (what the hell is her name??) should've been screaming her head off during the Cal scene. The stepdad had the most expressionless look on his face.

Aside from these little things, I really liked the episode. It looked promising. :Grin:

16. LogicallyInsane

The hot daughter was VERY likable ..... VERYYYY likable!.... lol

I think it can be a good show, there was definitely a few moments that made me laugh at bad acting, but it happens.. Hopefully once the show starts getting into the actual apocalypse it'll improve. I wasn't super impressed with the original Walking Dead pilot either... (I know I'm probably alone on that statement) So I'll give it a chance until it completely bombs.. lol

17. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

You seem to know a lot about this sorta stuff.

The hot shot is the way to go...
    [​IMG]

OK, not always.

18. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I agree- that bothered me so much that he didn't wipe his hand off! And going to the creepy church at night time- of course, and then going back again, gah! I couldn't take it, especially them touching all that sick, infected stuff such as his bedding- gross. I would not be in a place like that with out rubber gloves, at the least. I also would have liked to see some more shock at the sight of their first walker. But it was pretty good all in all. Excited to see where it goes.

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

It got a great big "meh" from me.

I love the 2 leads as actors - one a Deadwood alum, the other a NZ actor of note (Ka Mate, Ka Mate).

If they weren't going to go with the horror (zombies attack) then they really didn't build enough of the suspense and menace (and yeah, our hero visits a haunted house in the middle of the night didn't cut it at all - counts as among TWD embarrassments as Andrea seeks refuge in a warehouse while stalked by the Guv and subjected to every horror movie cliché ever invented - cue flock of pigeons suddenly flying out giving us a jump scare).

They took it to an (alleged) 90 minutes but didn't use that time. Even though the viewers know more about the situation than the characters do we should still be shocked and disoriented by what we're seeing on screen, not just sitting there going "don't go down in the basement."

Yep, lazy writing.

20. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

Not a beard to be found. Not enough Shane or Merle. Is Judith going to be in this series?