Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pilot [101] Praise and Positivity!!

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Pilot' started by westwingnut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

At first I was going to complain about the bevy of crossbow-wielding Laker Girls, but then I realized that they were actually kinda cool. Hence the need for a Praise and Positivity thread.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We could also echo the mantra of some of the online journalists who don't seem to understand the franchise.

"Thoz show so sloe!! Why nut so many zombys rite away?"

3. Stigmata

Stigmata New Member

Love the first three minutes

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

When the Tom Riddle kid turns out to actually be a vampire—that was so cool! And also the the pile of Twinkies on the counter was a cool nod to Zombieland.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Loved it!

FTWD has such a different feel to it -- I can't really put my finger on it -- but I think maybe it seems more realistic than the main show. These are everyday people with mundane problems who are about to find themselves in the middle of hell. They don't have army training or mad katana skills, so I feel more worried for them.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Nick character. As was the consensus in the live reactions thread, he's more relatable and vulnerable than the previews suggested, and Frank Dillane is doing a great job of playing him so far.

6. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Yup, that sums it up well.

And it's maddening to yell at them to make a better decision than they do which can only get worse. They are already surprising us with one character to be stronger than expected. I wonder who else steps up or who falters as the whole disaster becomes real.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOVED IT and as [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] stated the character of Nick and the portrayal of that character by Frank Dillaine was one of the highlights and surprises for me. I have already knighted him as my favorite character.

8. Psy

Psy Member

Yeah Nick was by far the best part of the pilot. Loved his performance, his annoying sister not so much.

Did the mother madison get bit by calvin btw? i couldnt see it properly

9. westwingnut

No Jeff Goldblum!

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Anytime they show a murder in the L.A. river basin it's a good thing.. They did a great job on sound and cinematography..

11. Crowcreek

Crowcreek Member

I enjoyed it to. We have any allys in Vancouver to start the spoilers thread ? hehe

12. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Tobias is going to be an even bigger fan favourite than Daryl (except one that I still like 5 seasons in).

13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I liked it and thought it was pretty good for a pilot where they are just introducing us to the characters. The acting was pretty good and they balanced the teen and adult characters well in my opinion. Also Nick's character was a lot more interesting than I thought he would be.

14. westwingnut

One of the gals at work hates TWD but looks just like Alicia. I can't wait to give her crap about this tomorrow.

Also, Alicia is planning to go to Berkeley. That's a pretty good school, once you get past all the commie pinkos on Telegraph Avenue and Sproul Plaza.

Those places are on the southern part of campus. Since Alicia was studying chaos theory, she will likely be taking classes on the northeast past of campus. And most of the dorms are south of campus. So she'll have to run the gauntlet each day to get to class. It's a darn good thing for her that the ZA is about the break out.

#14 westwingnut, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  15. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

16. sheryden

sheryden Member

I finally got to watch it, and I loved it. I'm definitely Team Nick. His character has so much potential, and FD did a wonderful job with his portrayal of the character. I really like Madison and Travis, as well. The jury is still out on the other two teenagers. Alicia has some potential, and I can see why she has the attitude she does. Chris just seems bratty. As we learn more about him, it's possible he'll become more likable. We didn't get to see enough of Liza to make a determination. Also, the conspiracy-theorist student--Tobias. I like him, as well. I imagine he's not long for this world, though.

17. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

To be fair, season 1 and 2 felt fairly realistic on the main show. But as things got much more heightened and the elements from the comic had to be bought in, it obviously made seasons 3 and beyond become less realistic feeling. Also things really would get more extreme and less like our world now the longer it went on. Terminus might seem like a far cry to us, but we know human cannibals really do exist out there who have been charged for it!

As for Nick....I thought he'd be annoying from the promos and snippets we saw of him. But I totally loved his character tbh!

18. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

Agreed, totally loved it as well, really shows the main series up for the massive flaws it has!

19. Busted Flipflop

I liked Nick's character and the actor plays him very well. Looking forward to the next episode.

20. westwingnut

I had fun today pulling up a picture of Alicia and showing it to her. She didn't see the resemblance, but several others at the table did.