Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pirates....already?

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - Monster' started by Mother dick, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i dont understand why so many people would cram on that boat with limited to no supplies. what were they thinking?

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching the show, but judging by the countless threads on this forum over the past few years about how getting on a boat would be a great plan, I think it would be pretty realistic.

3. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

My guess would be trying to get to one of the islands. Foolish but desperate. If you were in a safe zone close to the coast when the collapse occurred your options are, to be optimistic, limited.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They were thinking the buildings all around them were being bombed, and walkers were coming out of the destruction towards them, probably. :p

5. yuke

yuke Member

yeah it doesn't make sense. The bombing is over, they should be going back to shore already.

Regarding the pirates, Jack and those folks could have been out on the water since the riots and martial law started. So what is that? Three weeks?

#25 yuke, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  6. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko Member

Theyre thinking like the syrian refugees, Get the F out of dodge.

[​IMG]

7. netr0pa

netr0pa Member

Europe = Abigail
    Merkel / Germany / Sweden = Alicia
    Hungary / Poland = Strand

Merkel = In charge
    Result = Suicide Ship

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, but I see them in the news in other places in the world, not here. Or are you saying pirates already cruise the Pacific coastline? I would think the Coast Guard is keeping pirates disinterested in our shores.

I agree with those who think it's awfully quick to be seeing one right here, especially since the show was supposed to show disintegration over time. Yeah, I'm still a little stuck on that.

9. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Why is that not realistic? It's obvious by now the world as they know it has fallen. No government, no rules. Who knows he was already a criminal before this, but if you know what the world is today and you hear a naive teenage girl on the radio spouting she's on some big boat with fancy technology to provide clean water, I'm sure people with criminal mindsets know what to do.

10. Zombie_Rhino

just seems to me that they should have:

- taken more than one boat
    - found a bigger boat
    - got more supplies
    - returned to land already

one of those things

11. Zombie_Rhino

perhaps, but not a great idea to cram into a small dingy so much that it looks like the scene in NYC on New Year's Eve

12. Terranova

Terranova Member

Maybe they were chased by a horde of walkers.

Though still could just move along the shore to find a safe place to hang, like a closed marina or something.

13. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

I felt the same way as the Original poster. Pirates already.....

I really liked season 1. This first episode of season 2 just seems like we are jumping to TWD season 7

I understand people taking things from others as the opportunity arises, but to have a group set up to attract and attack people fleeing from the outbreak just seems so i dunno TWD season 7.

For starters to have a group basically set up camp and not move on to try and find a safer place just seem against common behavior.

I liked the episode besides the whole pirates thing.

The decision to go to the San Diego naval base seems like a really good idea. Some people have posted that they have learned their lesson that the military can not help them. However the San Diego navel base it basically an island with a bridge and what i assume is a man made land bridge both of which would not be too hard for the military to blow up to stop the invading hordes of the un-dead.

Plus the San Diego Navel base is the 4th largest in the US and home to the Pacific Fleet HQ.
    Which makes the whole pirates setting up a trap instead of moving to a safer location a couple of week in all the much more unbelievable.

14. AAG331

AAG331 Member

- They didn't have time to get another boat. And why the hell would you get another boat when you already have a yacht?

- The yacht's already big enough

- I don't believe they had any time to gather any supplies.

- Why would they return to land? They're headed towards San Diego.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, the things we might do when we're not in an emergent situation...

16. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I thought it was a little too early for organized pirates too. I can see an opportunistic group trying to take over the boat, but systematically tricking vessels into giving up intel and location through a radio.... just weeks after the outbreak... seemed forced. So soon after the outbreak there would still be ample opportunities for looting without having to go around conquering other groups of survivors.

I felt this way about the finale last season also. This is a group whose leaders were teaching a high school class less than a month prior. They only just figured out how to even kill a zombie. And now they are leading an attack on a military base and taking incredibly drastic measures like releasing a horde of zombies and leading them as an offensive maneuver. It felt like they were trying to build slow tension up to that point and then they said f*ck it let's make them Rambo's and then we'll throw in some pirates.

17. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

The yacht is going to require a lot of gas and maintenance.
    A sail boat would be better for long term survival. However I believe right now they are thinking very short term (San Diego..... then what.... we will figure that out if/when it happens).

The yachts radar is going to help them hide in the smoke from the faster boat. That is my prediction of next episode anyways...

18. Zombie_Rhino

i was talking about those survivors who were all crammed on the little boat which was not rescued

19. Zombie_Rhino

i just feel that if u are going to have a half-assed plan like getting on that boat, then u might as well not do it at all.

20. Zombie_Rhino

exactly. there had to be a smarter decision