Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Plane crash...

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Hossmyer, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

My family and I are TWD fans, the rest on my family lost interest long ago in FTWD but I have been trying to watch it to get my fix. I have to say there are some bits that are ok but this week with the plane crash was just to silly in my opinion...

1. Massive plane crash plane broken into sections but only 3 passengers stuck in seats.
    2. Only 1 zombie cut in half
    3. All Zombies intact, in a group and with no sign of injury
    4. Only one survivor on land and running from the horde?

so...

Did the plane land safely and these people just die? If that's the case, why was the plane broken up into sections?

How did the Zombies free themselves from the seatbelts?

Why weren't the passengers mutilated or burned if it crashed?

Beyond that, how does this timeline make sense with FTWD outbreak and flight 462?

Small props for trying to tie this together but... IDK

2. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Well yes it was all pretty ridiculous. But there is probably a 2 or 3 week part of the timeline that we aren't being shown so anything could happen. Alex, the burned kid, and the striped shirt guy would have stayed in the raft as long as they could before going to shore. Once they did go to shore Alex apparently had enough time to stash the boy somewhere safe while she went out exploring. So I think she has been on shore for weeks surviving before our characters get there.

There are a few assumptions I have to make in order for this episode to make any sense.

1) The plane obviously broke up and some went directly on shore, some sunk in the ocean, and some crashed at sea but washed ashore. In the opening sequence we can see the tail and engine sinking. I think the largest part of the plane just sunk with everyone in it except those handful of survivors that made it on the raft.

2) The nose section that was on land didn't look all that damaged. Most of the people from that small section must have survived and escaped the plane. They'd have at least a week or two after that to either run off and survive or get killed in the usual Walking Dead ways.

3) I don't think that horde of zombies at the end all came from the plane. We've been shown how random bodies float to shores and how there are so many bodies in the water at any given time and place. I think shorelines and islands everywhere are just generally becoming infested with zombies. Its been pointed out on another thread that this area of land where the plane crashed is just Mexican shoreline. Its not like its an island that was uninhabited before the plane crashed there. There would be plenty of zombies around and some might have been attracted to the sound and flames from the crash.

#2 Adam Poole, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This episode wasn't weeks later?
    It was the day after they left the Catrina debacle,Strand was on the phone that night from Catrina and it was the next day that he said he would be there.
    Then he clued during this episode to say he was running late and gave his location.

I think the plane broke apart in the air and pieces landed where they might.

Also there is no way Alex had the burned kid off the raft she just had the raft stashed somewhere and grabbed it as they made the getaway.

4. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I'm saying it was weeks later after the events of the Flight 462 webisode. The original poster was asking how the timeline of that show matched up with the timeline of FTWD.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

And i think it was a few days at most.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its been a minimum of 14 days. The flight departed from Los Angeles during a time when most people seemed unaware of what was going on. One flight member was knitting, and others were gabbing in normal manners. Almost no one on the plane seemed to understand what was happening with the sick people. So the latest day this plane could have reasonably taken off would have been the day Patrick Tran drove home and found his wife. That was the day things went rapidly down hill. [Patrick also mentioned that flights were downed, which was why he had to drive home].

That day was at least 14, maybe 15/16 days before they found the crashed airplane. On the day Chris discovers the blinking light outside the safe zone, he states that 9 days have passed since 'the little green men' came and quarantined them. Its been at least 5 days since then, if you count the day/night sequences, for a total of 14 or more.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If you are correct and lord knows you know you are then it is just silly.
    2 weeks without food and water and there is no way that guy in the seat could have lived this long either?

This thing just asks us to accept the unbelievable too often,aside from the whole concept of Zombies in the first place of course!

8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

When Nick saw the plane fly overhead, that same day, he was taken to lockup. It was 1 day later that Daniel kidnapped the soldier and they went to get nick.
    They have been on the boat 3 days tops.
    For a total of 5 days that the plane crashed.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This is more what I was thinking too but just thinking too much about this show makes my head hurt.

10. Neuropyramidal

the time between Nick seeing the plane fly overhead, and when he was taken to lock-up were about a week and a half apart. There was a 9-day time jump in between those 2 events, plus more time that passed.

Its been a minimum of 14 days since the plane crash.

11. Neuropyramidal

Well, yes, that scene was eyebrow raising but not nearly as ridiculous as Rick surviving his coma for several weeks without water. In Alan's case [the airplane survivor], its actually at least physically possible. Some of the seats around him are empty, so its possible that some of the survivors managed to get out, and maybe to go for help [and probably die later]. These survivors may have given Alan a supply of water bottles they found in the plane and around it, before leaving him. You'd be surprised how long a person can live [even injured] with very little water per day. As long as they have a little. Its at least possible. With Rick's case its much more of a stretch.

12. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Flight 462 leaves Los Angeles International Airport and is heading to Phoenix. All media reports describe the webisode as beginning during the initial outbreak. We see Patrick still using his cell phone and he watches all of the lights go out over California. In Season 1 episode 4 Chris states, "its been 9 days since the lights went out." Producers have said that Season 1 takes us to about 3 weeks into the outbreak. (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/31/fear-walking-dead-season-1-timeline) That is all before they get onto the boat and travel for at least a few days. I don't think there is any question that the airplane took off weeks before we see it in this latest episode.

13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's called a ​HERD!!!

14. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

A horde means the same thing. They used the term herd in The Walking Dead but they also called the zombies by lots of other names not used in FTWD (Walkers, geeks, etc..) Horde actually is more specific to people or even zombies than herd which usually refers to animals.

15. Sharpie61

Lock up and the day Chris made that video, was the same day.
    Chris mentions the 9 days in the video. Nick saw the plane the same day.

16. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

Sorry, Herd, Schmerd at least you understood what I meant

This is what I thought too...

If this is true, then why weren’t the suitcases rummaged through and all the supplies used up? If people had survived they would have gone through all the belongings and some sort of SOS would be visible somewhere…
    TWD has some issues too, no doubt about it, I wasn’t even going into nit picky things like fuel being viable that long or Rick surviving in a comma without an IV.

I understand we are to believe in the ZA, which is farfetched to begin with, but this show is just not well thought out. This plane crash and timeline seemed way over the top but I guess they wanted to reintroduce some good characters from flight 462 and I should just leave it at that…

17. Neuropyramidal

Nope. Nick saw the plane 9 days before Chris made the video. Planes weren't still flying to L.A 9 days after the city fell. :p. Unless somehow it took flight 462 9 days to turn around and come back to L.A. They must have had a lot of fuel. :p

Nick saw the plane the same day the national guard came and was taking everyone's name. When Chris made the video, it was 9 days later, the fence was completed, and a routine had been established, with power coming on and off and certain times, the national guard had gone house to house and cleared every person in a 6 mile radius from their little safe zone. It was 9 days later, and it was only 8 o'clock in the morning.

Rewatch the last 10 minutes of 'The Dog' [When saw the plane, before the time jump], and the first few minutes of 'Not Fade Away', and you'll see that the time jump happens in between the two episodes.

#17 Neuropyramidal, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  18. Neuropyramidal

You can't tell whether any survivors went through the luggage or not. Much of it was broken open, you don't know if it was from the crash, or rummaging, or both. You also don't know if an SOS would be visible. The survivors may have gotten overrun by walkers almost immediately after leaving the plane.

And fuel still would often be viable in TWD. They are less than 2 years in. And Rick survived in a coma, not a comma. Otherwise that would have been completely exhausting with him constantly having to connect 2 parts of a sentence.

19. Sharpie61

Ok - your right. :p I just checked wiki and it was in "The Dog". I thought it was "Not Fade Away". Add 9 more days.
    Either way, broken back guy would have died the same day, as the accident, with that type of injury.

20. Neuropyramidal

He may have, but not necessarily. People sometimes live for a long time even after major injuries, before getting proper treatment. His limiting factor could have been dehydration. So a lot could depend on whether he had water within his reach. I think 14 days is a stretch, especially considering Alex somehow didn't find him, but not impossible.