Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Plane crash...

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Hossmyer, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

His spine broke through skin. He would have bled out. But it is tv world, so anything is possible.
    My confusion is, - the front of the plane was on shore, as was the back of the plane. How did the wings and middle part, end up in the water? Thats where Alex and Jake were sitting, and they ended up in the water. And don't say washed ashore. They were up higher then the high tide marks.
    I think I already answered myself. ---- Tv world.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. People do survive things like that. The blood vessels that run inside your spinal column are actually small compared to the major arteries. Its not a given that he would bleed out with that injury. Hey may, or he may not.

Hard to say. I don't know if the very back of the plane was on land. Could have tried to land at an angle parallel to shore.

#22 Neuropyramidal, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I know it's TV and all, but a jet of that size going at approach speeds would skip like a flat stone off the surface of the water. They also have several designed "break away" zones and shear points for a multitude of failure scenarios. Supposedly, we were supposed to be worried about catastrauphic decompression resulting from the SkyMarshal's bullet hole in the window but the jet was far too low for that, the last time we saw it intact. So, whether it came apart in flight or made contact with the water, major components could be found miles apart.
    Now about the spine. When you saw his injury, did you hear John Goodman shout "I've seen spinals before and this guy is faking"?

4. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

All I gotta say is RIP to Connie, Anthony, and Deirdre (and some people believe they could be alive...). Would have liked to see them in the episode trying to survive or at least be among the zombies, but I guess they didn't wana bring back those actors bc $$$

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

That and because you are the only one who has any idea who they are?

6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I mean, they appeared in Flight 462 alongside Jake and Alex :zombies_lol:

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Are you telling me you don't know Connie, Anthony, and Deirdre??? And you call yourself a TWD fan!! :p

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

At long last you seem to understand a comment if mine!

9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Colman Domingo (Strand) was on The Talking Dead last night and said there about a week and a half from the "fall of LA". So add that to whatever you consider the "fall" to be. Is it the day the horde was let out of the arena and overran the medical centre, was it the day/night LA was napalmed or is the start of the turn with riot in the street? All in all I don't it's really important as it seems to have been very small portion of this season. Unless the raft people show up again (Asian girl and burnt kid).

10. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Oh, lordy... someone might argue that Rick didn't exactly rise up looking like a picture of health - he indeed MIGHT have been so exhausted from connecting those sentences!

:zombies_lol:

11. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Thanks for the debates on the time-line. I chalk up the entire "Mr Broken Back Surviving This Long" as just one more example of the writers' idiocy. They create the timelines and they hand the ball off to another set of writers who have no clue what's been done, when, why or where.

If we needed to see Chris grow a pair and mercy-kill someone, they could have had Chris stumble across Burn Boy on the beach, pleading to be put out of obvious misery and, when he did that, THEN Alex returns quite a'tither after she'd killed at least two of her raftmates as they tried to oblige Burn Boy. Truly, though, two weeks at sea or on land qualifies the writers for another big ZERO.

I've been more argumentative about the location of the crash because The Abigail had been powering down the coastline for at least a day from C A T A L I N A - even at a snail's pace, they'd have made Oceanside/San Clemente - 60-70 miles, with another 50 miles to San Diego, and another 30 miles to the San Ysidro border.

But the jet was doing a wing-over as Nick watched it drop lower and lower. That plane didn't last 5 flight-miles from LAX Airport. Or Orange County or wherever it was seeking.

Maybe the writers have the zombies AS much better pilots? (edited for spelling - fingers are soooo bad sometimes)

#31 Cbcw76, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016