Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Playing as a zombie

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by WhiteAsh, May 5, 2014.

1. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

In one of his posts on reddit John Smedley mentioned the possibility of playing as a zombie. What do you think of this idea? Would you like to play as one? How do you think it could work and stay balanced?

Personally, I love it. I think that it adds a layer of non-symmetrical gameplay to H1Z1 and makes the game much more unpredictable and challenging. I'm not particularly worried about balance, if Natural Selection can make playing as aliens work, H1Z1 can do the same with zombies.

2. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

That would be cool. An option at least. It wouldn't be the same, so we need a way to turn it on and off.

3. blommas

blommas New Member

Yes, I like it aswell. I think it sounds very interesting. I would love the fact, that you could choose between different zombies, so they have different kind of advantages and specials.
    They could have a big tanky/boomer (Left 4 Dead) type of zombie, a fast zombie with less health, and other kinds..
    It is also nice, as not many other hardcore survival apocalypse games have that feature, so it will track more attention to the game aswell.
    And it is nice to fight against hard zombies, and not buggy dumb zombies from DayZ.

4. ManofOneWay

ManofOneWay New Member

It would definitely be a good idea. It would make the game much more fun and intense to play. Why not also add different kind of zombies to play (with different characteristics such as speed, endurance, tanking etc...).

5. Andrei

Andrei New Member

I've never seen this in a long time. I wouldn't really like it that much, but if you could blend among the zombies, pretending to be one, it would be very good. However, you would be shot on sight if your acting is too good :D.

6. Agent

Agent Member

Not a fan, but hey if they perfect the survivor aspect of it and have some spare time, why not? I would like it more if there was some kind of "Profession" that allowed you to blend it with the zombies.

7. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

No. Just no. Hahaha. No.

8. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

In such a huge world as H1Z1 is supposed to be, I don't think it is really a good idea for us to be able to play as zombies.
    In the Left 4 Dead games it worked, because we took control of special zombies, whose objective was to separate the 4 survivors from each other and kill them before they reach the level's safe point.
    Contrary to this, I find it hard to imagine what would the zombie players' role be in H1Z1, as it is a huge world without set objectives, and being a zombie would necessarily take away the fortification-building and survival parts of the game. You would msot likely be a "SHOOT ME" target for other players.

9. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

No no and a lot more NO.

10. Agent

Agent Member

Maybe we could play as some kind of bad guys? Kinda like Umbrella from the Resident Evil series, that would make a lot more sense this being an SOE MMO and all. Not sure how they can implement that but it makes a lot more sense than playing as a zombie.

11. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

I don't think it should be implemented in the first place. Considering it's an MMO, people will find a way to mess it up. It also brings up balance issues and just takes time away from other features that could be implemented.

12. mark973

mark973 Member

I'd love to have the option of playing as a zombie. It seems that you would be able to make up some really fun scenarios. Most zombie apocalypse games, such as DayZ and Rust, don't allow you to be the zombie so this might be interesting.

13. Smokey H1Z1

Smokey H1Z1 Member

If i recall, Capcom did this with RE Online/Outbreak. I think it could be a lot of fun honestly. It would really make things interesting for sure. :) but if they do that they should make it so that you can somehow be revived or when you die as a zombie you respawn as human again. So almost as if you have two lives.

14. theninjawoohoo

theninjawoohoo New Member

I personally feel that player controlled zombie isn't really fun. In a game like this if the player dies than the person would have to face the truth. His player is dead and roaming out there seeking flesh. I wouldn't find the point of being zombie since you cannot use the items you have collected when you are dead.

15. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

I'm not too fond of the idea of playing as a zombie. I mean, it's probably going to be very hard as a survivor to play against the zombies if they're powerful. Either that, or the zombies will be so weak that noone will want to play them.

Even if the zombies can kill in a few hits, if they're too slow/easy to spot it won't be much fun in playing the zombies. It's comparable to Left 4 Dead 2, where you can play as the zombies. A lot of the time the zombies come off as very over-powered due to them having some quite insane abilities. Natural Selection 2 did put off something that worked, so I suppose it's possible to make it work: but generally I don't think it will work out very well.

Besides, zombies are supposed to be stupid, aren't they? I mean, not so stupid that they're basically not a threat to anyone: but rather stupid as in a "a human wouldn't think/do that".