Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Please help: The magical WD?

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Hossmyer, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

I've been lurking in the forums for years and I finally decided to make my 1st post because I need some help understanding the direction of the show. I have been on board with the WD from the beginning and it's my favorite program but please help convince me that the shark tank isn't close. I can get over the periodic bad acting in some of the episodes and I can forgive them for allowing the group or groups to keep repeating the same silly mistakes and I can even over look the odd behavior that seems to be out of place for certain characters but I'm having a hard time with the magical properties of the program…

How did Abe magically pull out a lighter to light his cigar?

How did the group Daryl was with magically escape when they were cornered in the woods?

How did that girl magically find flowers to put on those corpses?

How did those same corpses magically reanimate after she stumbled falling on them?

How did those same walkers magically eat through the plastic covering their faces without using any body parts fast enough to not allow her to escape?

How did the walker trapped behind the rock with only 1 free arm magically bite a long time survivor of the ZA?

I won't go into the how,

I promise I'm not trying to be negative, although it may seem that way, I'm just trying to get encouragement that the show is fine and that I'm being nitpicky.

Thanks!

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

How did Abe magically pull out a lighter to light his cigar? -with his hand. If you are in the ZA, why not always keep a lighter/matches and a knife on you?

How did the group Daryl was with magically escape when they were cornered in the woods? -the other group didn't think it was worth looking for them more after one of them had an arm cut off. This I think was reasonable -- sort of, see below.

How did that girl magically find flowers to put on those corpses? - eh, everything's burnt there, but if she walked around the forest a bit, why not? They are near the fuel place, and the weedy transition zone should have some flowers she could walk back and get.

How did those same corpses magically reanimate after she stumbled falling on them? -it was a plot driven necessity so that she didn't die from lack of insulin.

How did those same walkers magically eat through the plastic covering their faces without using any body parts fast enough to not allow her to escape? - I thought it was glass, as plastic would have burnt in that hot fire, but for glass it sure did cover them perfectly. It was a bad scene, just pretend you didn't see it.

How did the walker trapped behind the rock with only 1 free arm magically bite a long time survivor of the ZA? - some people have a problem with this, but I don't (as far as the bite goes). His attention was 100% focused on not getting shot, and a ninja walker that was totally silent rather than growling might not have been noticed. Now why he didn't pick up on the flailing arm moving around is another story. I guess for some reason they didn't want Daryl and Dwight to kill the three of them. Who knows?

Why'd they use a motorcycle? Why take the crummiest car they could find? If Dwight is worth sending a dozen guys after, why quit looking when one guy gets bitten? Surely that's not the first time that's happened. It's all part of TWD, and it's not going to get better, so just complain about it here and put up with it.

3. Busted Flipflop

I usually have to give magical rationales whenever confronted with magical scenarios. Otherwise I'd hate this show.

4. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

Thank you! I know you're right and will look past but on the one point...

That was after the fact, they were trapped prior to that scene but as you said, I'll move on.

Nice, thank you, that made me laugh!

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Oh, you meant earlier by the truck? I thought they were waiting for the other people in their group to show up before rushing them, but they seemed to go after them one on 3 after that, so who knows what they were doing?

6. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Yeah...I keep forgetting that this show is based on a comic book. :)

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Except for season 3, of course.

8. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear about that in my 1st post, it just seemed really odd watching it live...

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

How did the group Daryl was with magically escape when they were cornered in the woods?
    A: They were not cornered, in the sense that those guys coming in from literally all four sides. If so, then they were cornered. But those guys were approaching from 2 directions only. They came in 1st direction (ie Wade's) and then Dwight wanted to escape in 2nd direction but Daryl spotted three approaching guys in that direction too. So, they retreated in 3rd direction.

How did that girl magically find flowers to put on those corpses?
    A: Tina found the flower right inside the greenhouse, at a spot right next to the legs of Delly/Carla.
    It is possible that the forest fire was caused by chemical fuel which contaminated the soil. But, the fuel did not get inside the greenhouse. Additionally, it was a greenhouse and so it was likely to have an abundance of plant seeds, fertilizers etc which highly enhanced the chance of re-vegetation.

How did those same corpses magically reanimate after she stumbled falling on them?
    A: they are lurkers.

How did those same walkers magically eat through the plastic covering their faces without using any body parts fast enough to not allow her to escape?
    A: when the plastic melted and then cooled down, it lost its elasticity and became brittle. A small force can shatter it into pieces.
    But I do agree that their movement were so unbelievably quick.

How did the walker trapped behind the rock with only 1 free arm magically bite a long time survivor of the ZA?
    A: he was a lurker. What else can I say....lol

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

How did Glenn magically escape all of those zombies by that dumpster and then find a walkie-talkie to contact Daryl? lolz

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Any time you can't spend 10 seconds considering how something could have happened.....just call it magic.

12. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

Perhaps sarcasm is warranted but I think you're missing the point...

13. Hossmyer

Hossmyer New Member

Thank you! I'll leave it alone now but I appreciate the explanation. :Grin:

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Nah, I think I got it.

15. dorkzombie

dorkzombie New Member

"loose ends make my azz itch!"

16. forceten

forceten Member

How does a Humvee with rockets and a rocket launcher nearby survive 2 years after a ZA

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Yeah, Abraham has clearly read his scripts this season.

18. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

OP I completely understand your original post and sympathize. This is my favorite show and I try to pay very close attention, but I was getting a little lost during this one.
    I also thought that the trio was completely surrounded.
    I also thought that it was plastic wrapped around their heads.
    I thought that "insulin girl" was attacked too quickly and she didn't put up much of a fight.
    ---I think if something could have fallen to trap her or her legs get tangled up in the debris, well, okay.

So I think it's perfectly fine for you to ask questions here. I absolutely love this show and yet I was beginning to feel that maybe it had jumped the shark. But reading other answers on this forum has helped me to understand what was going on and see where we are headed.
    And between you and me, I can't say they jumped the shark when they took away BOTH Daryl's crossbow and motorcycle in 1 episode. I sure didn't see that coming.

#18 DarylFTW, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Those walkers were covered in glass according to spoilers.

20. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Not to mention the box of cigars.