Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Please use spoiler tags!! Don't Ruin It For Us!

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Nov 12, 2012.

1. M.O.B.

M.O.B. New Member

Spoilers

In shows and movies I care about I try not to watch trailers or previews. I have seen too many trailers that give away the best surprises, critical plot points and joke punch lines. The moments would have been great if only I hadn't seen them in the trailers and knew what was coming or who survived.
    If you have information about an event which hasn't happened in an aired episode yet would you please use a spoiler alert.
    Thank you for your courtesy.

2. RicksRightHand

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

We do add spoiler tags. If you choose to avoid previews for upcoming episodes that's your call, but those previews are not necessarily considered spoilers. If AMC uses these clips for promotional purposes, that means they've decided they're not specific enough to spoil plot points.

Adding spoiler tags to promotional videos or commercials is just overkill. Besides, nine times out of ten the promotional videos are heavily edited in order to make you believe you're seeing one thing, when in reality it will be something entirely different.

4. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Seriously? Everyone around here is usually pretty good at using spoiler tags, and we even have a spoiler sub forum. If you read a spoiler, it is more than likely your fault.

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

As it's already been said, the regulars on this site has always been great about using the spoiler tags. The people you are talking about will intentionally do this whether you ask them to or not. And the mods here are good about catching them and removing them.....so.................

If you have spent any time on here you would see that and know that your request is bascially moot when those that want to offend will do it JUST to piss you off. So as with any site, you just have to be careful where you go and what you read.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

So everybody hear that! Don't post anything on MOBs internets that will mess up the show for him

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe the OP's concern is with talk regarding what's shown in promos, trailers, and pictures before the episode airs. Which isn't really a spoiler and there's nothing we can do about it. These things will be discussed heavily on the forum and if they're deemed suitable for promotional material by AMC, that means they're not technically considered spoilers.

8. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't realize we had a new moderator...

9. MainManMerle

MainManMerle Member

I enjoyed the episode. I don't know how some of you can complain about a lack of character development and then complain about an episode full of character development.

#89 MainManMerle, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. target tony

target tony Member

the show does not follow the comics very close. when you read the comics after watching the show its like its a whole different story.

the spoilers don't spoil much.

11. DarkeAngelus

DarkeAngelus Member

Exactly, and that's what the "Haven't Read Comics" members don't seem to realize. The comics and the show parted company by Issue 2. Those of us in the "Have Read Comics" group are speculating right along with the rest of you. We don't know what the F*** is going to happen either. Is a speculation classified as a spoiler?

#91 DarkeAngelus, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  12. walkerTXranger

Exactly and that's what "have read the comics" members don't seem to realize. The people that have not read the comics don't care what is in the comics so if you want to talk about anything having to do with the comics go to the comic forum.

those of us in the "Have Read Comics" group are speculating right along with the rest of you.
    Sure with inside knowledge.

Why do you comic people even talk about the Comics in here?

I hope I'm not coming across as rude but leave the comics out of this or if you mention the comics label it a spoiler.

13. walkerTXranger

"the spoilers don't spoil much."

Gee thanks for looking out for us.

14. DarkeAngelus

DarkeAngelus Member

... And it appears you can add "walkerTXranger" to that list.

15. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

Can't figure out this spoiler thing lol

16. Fang

Fang New Member

I realize by reading the episode threads the entire thread really is one big spoiler for someone who has not seen the episode yet. But someone put a spoiler in the episode 4 thread about something they apparently knew about a much later episode. I have no idea if this person really knew anything about filming, but why in the world would you put a any information in an episode thread if it doesn't have to do with that particular episode - even if you use a spoiler tag.

17. Recca

Recca Member

Thank you. I didn't know how to use it either and had come in here with the same question.

18. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I hate spoilers. That's why it's always dangerous to visit the IMDb forum, as people there just don't care whose enjoyment they spoil.