Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Plot Flaws

Discussion in 'Episode 307/308 - The Unveiling/Children of Wrath' started by Marc, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Someone tell me why Otto is out there driving randomly by the border, probably close to where the outpost Troy was in? Also why he just had to go "You're brown" to force some kind of evil over the bad white man stereotype while the Indians still was "My heritage and we will purge all whiteys" and scalped people...

Beside that, the whole thing felt forced. Why would they even let Ofelia in the kitchen? Good job Madison, looking after her.

Also the Huey? Come on, that army mechanic must have magical powers. A crashed helicopter is not something you just repair this easily.

How have they survived so long without walls? Where did the Indians get the weapons? Humvees? Seemingly we are supposed to feel sorry for them when they scalp people alive, threaten to feed "Living?) people to the pigs and burn people alive. We are supposed to somehow feel sympathy for them more than Otto who is portrayed as such a evil man. Otto is less evil than The Governor, Gareth of Terminus or Negan.

The ranch did have a fence, active guards and a ravine. The wall less Black Hat outpost who was "supposedly" so well protected managed to have the ranchers sneak in twice without notice. Why not just blow all of it up from the inside with dynamite? Oh right, plot point and plot armour to not have it so. Madison losing her cool suddenly to save Alicia, ****ing it all up. Also the whole "we can have peace" kinda dies out when Walker speaks of "3 down, 1 to go". Yeah, that sounds like peace talks, Jake and Alicia. You dumb frickle cucumbers. This also means that had Troy not taken out the family, Walker would have with his vengeance talk about his criminal family who did raids on Ottos land and got shot. I mean, this is America, you have guns and you have t he right to use them on invasive people right?

Also, where did all of the ranch militia go? It felt like they presented them like a force to be reckoned with and the losses they took against the Mexicans looking for help and later on from other parts was shrugged off but suddenly there is barely about what..15-20 of them?

I really liked this season to start with but killing of Travis like that...then throw us this forced ending. Have you people also seen the trailer for episode 9? The Indians move in and there is litterally and army of them t hat could have rivaled Negan or atleast Rick-Hilltop-Kingdoms army. Are we somehow to believe that the militia of The Ranch was to be able to take these magical Indians out who somehow got American Humvees, repaired a derelect Huey and had another one just laying around.

Also for lacking water, they seemed to be in perfect physical condition all of them.

I think they attempted to make the two sides look neutral but I still somehow end up finding it very odd how the kids and others almost stood on the side of the Indians. They killed Travis.

The whole idiot plan of stealing Walkers heirlooms and relics was also insane. What would you do? Hold them hostage? Give them back and later have him attack anyway? Also why did not the Ranchers just start to build up a inner "fort" around the bunker which had food and guns for an medium size town police force or national guard? Here comes the water in, it was given by dumb arse Jake just so that they could not do a hold out siege against the Black Hat Indians who now had all the water in the world cause this dumb arse of a son to Otto gave all the water away (which was not much considering the enormous size of the bunker storage!

And now when the Indians move in, whats the whole idea here? Two groups, hating each others, living together? Not even Negan is this crazy. Keep your enemy close...but come on. Also Madisons powerplay, just gave Walker this whole region and she is just siting there with her kids.

I like Walker and Otto as characters, but I much more would have loved to have the two communities alive, both of them living and leading, forced to cooperate in a dying world where the undying wanders. It would been much more interesting of a plot to have these two far opposite sides support each others, overcoming the hate, the lack of trust eventually as other much more evil groups drop by. Groups like Negans type. But no, we get the crazy indian Walker who scalps and keeps going on about his land that they sold to Ottos ancestors and the wacko survivor prepper gang who shot up the father of the Indians and hates brown people. Stereotypical and boring.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Beside that, this half season was top notch. Only boring part was Alicia and Jake to. And the stereotypical personalities of the Ranch owners and the Indians.

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Someone in the episode believed that Ofelia stayed with Walker precisely because he was so vicious and she figured she could survive by his side.

I don't think Walker makes a valid argument that he is entitled to the land and that he is entitled to kill to get it. It's just his excuse to himself to take the ranch, which he wants.

Madison wanted it too. (We'll kill them if we have to.) She was just willing to share.

Sharing by all parties is what I would have liked to have seen, and what I think would happen in real life, but I guess it isn't sufficiently dramatic for the FTWD universe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

True, sharing would probably happen since an all out war would cost to much for both communities!

I think there could be fun scenarios where they have to coexist and work together to fight something like a much worse group than both indians and prepper folks. It would been interesting to see them overcome their differences and bad blood in their history!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The only part I really agree on about is letting Ofelia into the kitchen 2 hours after she came back. That is just plain stupid.

Also Otto is probably out there to kill Indians, or maybe he knows a food source nearby, or maybe he likes to kill people crossing the border. there's a lot of reasons

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

now THAT would have established Otto's nature as evil :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I still do not think it adds up that Otto is just out there at the border, alone. Iut just feels forced to try to make him look evil. But knowing other evils in The Walking Dead it just make him look wimpy. Even Daniel Salazar or Strand has more evil streak in them with how they think than Otto who just seems to be a remorse full old drunkard prepper with a ranch and old way of thinking. He got nothing on The Governor, Terminus, Negan or even the Mexican mayor who controlled the water supply.

Hell I even think Walker is more twisted and hard to read than Otto with his crazy son and wimpy useless son.

8. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo New Member

I think it would be Salazar that will conquer the entire Te Walking dead universe he is the most brutal character.

Negan has nothing on him, Salazar has been killing people skinning them alive even before this whole appocalypse thing happened.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. walkon

walkon Active Member

I found myself wondering how Madison got a job as a school counselor after killing her father. Wouldn't that sort of thing be a matter of record? I don't think I would be comfortable with her counseling my kids. What kind of school would hire a murder for children? She as much as admitted she would do it agsinI. I saw no remorse. That storyline didn't float for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We were never (not that I can recall) given any information as to Madison being charged with a crime nor of being found guilty (if she was charged). If she was not charged with a crime and subsequently never went before a judge/jury there would be no reason for the schools to have knowledge of her crime.

Not to mention.....

In Alabama person's 18 years of age and under are considered juveniles. The records of a juvenile's are for the most part sealed and not made for public viewing. Though in the case of a felony charge I have no clue if that is still the rule of thumb.

In regard to Madison feeling no remorse for killing her father: I get it. A child witnesses one parent being beaten and berated over and over by the other parent, the capacity to feel anything other than hatred toward the abuser is quite understandable. Not to mention that she was also left to take care of her mother's injuries, probably both physical and emotional (as best a child is able). I can most certainly see that as the beginning of Madison's learning to shut down and do what needs to be done in that moment, to save the one parent who she sees as needing her. Her coping skills were definitely stunted at best.

#10 Dnae, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

That be cool! Haha :D We all know Salazar is calculating and do things for a reason to unlike some others like Negan and many other villians!

• Like Like x 1
  12. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

I felt really sad that it had a shitlib spoiled ending because "whytey be bad"

13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I found that part to be bit silly, both sides are equally bad. Ottos "But you're brown!" was a really weird forced thing to say to Ofelia. Especially when Travis was welcomed to the ranch by his sons before being killed...BY THE INDIANS. Which Madison seems to forget at the moment. Also how "Ofelia" thought they be "fine" as she took the car and drove off.

14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A nice list!

My personal favorite was how the Indians went up in to these rocky hills, picked up the broken helicopter, and drove away with it *without* leaving a trail. There must be some serious equipment at that gas station we didn't get to see.

I also thought Otto's behavior would be quite odd for a real parent. Here they are in the desert, and he *knows* his ranch will be without water soon. What good is a "ranch" in the desert without water? He's planning to stay there with his sons until they all die of thirst? Why wouldn't he have sent them out on scouting missions to find a new place for them to live, and burn the ranch to the ground on leaving as a spiteful way of keeping it from walker? Without water, that ground is as useless as the patch of dirt next door.

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The show had to hit you with a hammer to prove what a bad guy he was so you wouldn't be sympathetic to the ranchers when the Indians shot down a helicopter without knowing who was inside, and murdered a bunch of innocent ranchers who weren't attacking them, and had no clue about Otto's past with Walker's family.