Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poisoned Parishioners

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Sicut Cervus' started by Guitarman23, May 19, 2016.

1. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

I am not sure if this has been covered before but just to clarify:

The parishioners were gearing up to attack Celia because somehow they knew she was keeping walkers in her wine cellar. One of Celia's jobs was to provide the communion wafers to the parishioners. She knew they were going to attack her so she mass murdered all of them with poison wafers.

Do I have that right?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

She mass murdered them because they were killing the infected and she believed they should be keeping them in pins instead. :p
    And they were going to attack Celia because the priest thinks she's somehow responsible for the whole outbreak.

At least I think. That was a confusing episode. I did a lot of reading the next day. lol

3. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I think Guitarman23 has it right actually. Celia doesn't care if someone kills a random zombie, she just wants to protect the ones that were her family. The priest was saying that the zombies Celia was keeping were essentially a haven for evil and the Devil. He said that it would bring them closer to God to get rid of it. The plan was at the least to kill her zombies, but that likely would have required them to also kill Celia too.

4. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

The parishioners were going to attack and kill Celia and her followers because she is a witch, in a Mexican cult called "Santa Muerte" - The Holy Dead. Celia isn't keeping the walkers in the wine cellar because she is fond of them, she is keeping them in the wine cellar because she is building an army for "La Muejer Blanca" (The White Lady {of Death}) This is sort of the Santa Muerte equivalent of the Christian Rapture - except instead of the living being called to heaven, the dead are walking the earth exacting revenge on the police, the govt, the church, the powerful, etc. This is a time when the criminal, the addict, the prostitute, the poor, the wicked will rise to power and rule the earth with the help of the dead... The church isn't so much concerned about "the walkers in the wine cellar" and they are "the cult of witches" that are keeping them for their evil reign.

BTW - this is a real thing not made up for the story line.. VERY popular gang tattoo... Note the owl at her feet in the statue below...They believe owls are witches who transmute and fly during the night to do "the white lady's work". This is what the priest wanted to put a stop to and what he felt was responsible for the zombies. This is also why Salazar was so freaked out and threw the talisman overboard. This stuff scares the living crap out of observant Mexican Catholics. If my cleaning lady knew what I watched last Sunday, she would probably literally wash my TV set with Holy Water. Serious superstition at play.

[​IMG]

#4 Zombiekaaner, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

"If my cleaning lady knew what I watched last Sunday, she would probably literally wash my TV set with Holy Water. Serious superstition at play." LOL