Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poll: Are You Glad Glenn is Alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by HurricaneKid, Nov 23, 2015.

?

Are you Glad Glenn is alive

1. Yes

77.6%
  2. No

22.4%
  1. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

2. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I am since I like the character. Though I think it is lame tricky writing.

That's the sort of stunt a dying show desperate for a ratings spike would pull. Not the most popular show on tv in its prime.

3. Brother AJ

Brother AJ New Member

I am a bit peeved that they presented it the way they did, but never did I think it was an impossibility that he was alive. Pretty much all of my annoyance evaporated though after seeing him healthy and running around PRESUMABLY without bites. I DID NOT want him to die as he was one of my most beloved characters, and it just made me so happy to see him alive that I might be much more forgiving on the plausibility of his survival than the next person. Oh well... I really hope we'll see a Glenn and Maggie reunion here soon... OMG... what if all of this was setting us up for Maggie's death? Agh... I'm so ****ing nervous about how everything is going to progress. :zombies_shocked:

4. Lupey

Lupey Member

NO! Not because it's Glenn but because the whole scene was absolute horseshit. I would say that regardless of what character was involved.

5. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Hell yes, I'm glad Glenn's alive. Glenn is one of the four remaining characters on this show that I actually like.

6. Ricky

Ricky Member

Yep! The question on my mind now is...

7. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

There is no one answer to this question.

I'm glad Glenn's alive because I like the character.

I'm not glad he's alive because he should have died in that situation.

I'm glad he's alive because him interacting with Enid should be quite an interesting story.

I'm not glad that he's alive because no-one is supposed to be safe in this show and apparently Glenn is.

I'm not glad because I respected the writers for having the balls to end a popular character only to have them wimp-out and miraculously save him.

I'm not glad that the writers felt the need to use a cheap trick like that to build suspense, they've been able to build suspense without resorting to cheap tricks like that in the past -- hell, it reminded me of the old batman serials.

I'm not glad that the writers wrote such a stupid escape plan, that dumpster has four maybe five inches of ground clearance, there is no way Glenn fits underneath it. The stupidity of the writing took me out of the story and I spent the rest of the scene looking to see if I could spot the blocks they jacked the dumpster up on.

On balance I'm not glad that he survived because of the poor writing that was involved.

Why didn't they write something like this:
    Nicholas and Glenn get stuck in a small fenced garbage area surrounded by zombies and are holding the horde off by holding the gates closed. Nicholas can't deal with the inevitable outcome and offs himself. That allows the zombies to break in and Glenn frantically fights them off, as he's getting swarmed he jumps into an open garbage bin fighting off the zombies as he does. He finally gets the lid closed and the scene ends with Glenn in the dumpster holding the lid closed and the camera pans down to show that his leg is bleeding.

That leaves Glenn's fate in question, was he bit or did he just cut his leg? Even if he just cut his leg he's now trapped in a garbage bin with no food or water, a zombie horde outside and he's bleeding.

Or hell, just leave him cornered somewhere with the zombie horde baring down on him. Why the need for the stupid and physically impossible garbage can escape?

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

You only wish

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I have a feeling its still possible, but I'd rather see Daryl go tbh.

10. Ricky

Ricky Member

I can't see Daryl going out anytime soon but then again they always seem to do the unexpected when it comes to deaths so you never know!

I have a feeling that if it's not Glenn though some other major character will have a similar death scene at the hands of Negan.

11. kcspurs

kcspurs New Member

nope. its the second time hes escaped certan death.
    remember season 5 final.
    he gets shot and then has 3 zombies on top of him and still has energy to fight that guy

12. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 2, align: left"]No. I like Glenn but think his escape this time was just too unbelievable. Watching at the time I was shocked he was "dead" in such a random unforeseen way. However, a similar thing had happened to Tyreese and I respected the show for that ability to surprise us (especially as a comic reader since a lot of TWD does follow the original story lines).
    That ending would have been so much better imo (shocking in the true WD style[​IMG])...if Glenn had been munched on properly at the end of Episode 3.
    Perhaps then his fate could as of now still remained undiscovered by the group - known only to the audience?
    Oh well, not to be.

Abraham could then have subsequently received Glenn's comic ending. If Glenn does am not sure how I'll feel about it now. I've grieved for him once.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 2, align: right"]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yes, but I think the whole fake-out death was ridiculous and wish they hadn't wasted their time on it.

14. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

15. Zombrex

Zombrex New Member

I'm glad because glenn is the only character worth rooting for. His escape from death didn't really bother me since this show has to cater to the fans but I notice that most people who want him alive are female while most people who want him dead are male. He is a good looking dude but that's beside the point.

16. raccoon city

raccoon city Member

lol. That's a funny observation :) I'm sure it says something about how men and women think differently.

17. Ricky

Ricky Member

Couldn't agree more. It was an interesting story line but I think we all knew from the start, especially those who read the comics, that Glenn wasn't dead. I mean it's 100% plausible that Glenn will die on the show eventually, but there's no way they'd send him off with a death like that. If I recall correctly Robert Kirkman said himself once that he likes to give characters he likes memorable deaths (using comic book Glenn as an example). Whether that extends to the show or not I'm unsure but I'm positive that if/when the time comes, Glenn will go out in style.

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I think the actual story--Glenn sliding under the dumpster--is acceptable. Glenn is a resourceful badass.

However, all the side issues piled up and really brought down the value of the scene. The blood spray, the way Glenn fell, the month-long wait, Nicotero's letter on TD, the removal of SY from the credits, the guests on TD playing along with what the show wanted (twice). No, show, just no.

19. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I'm pleased that the character is alive, but the cost was quite large for the show. Not only did they manage to stretch the whole thing out over a month, but they also infuriated quite a few fans in doing so. Altogether, if this is just going to result in Glenn's death in the finale / first half of S7; then perhaps it would have been better to have actually killed him there.

20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Men and women don't think differently at all, if anything it just goes to show that they think more alike than they care to admit.