Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poll: Your opinion on Dwight

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by 92Pony, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Has your view of Dwight changed since the burned forest when he stole Daryl's crossbow and bike?

1. No. Can't ever forgive him for killing Denise and his treatment of Daryl ("We're on Easy Street")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. He's redeemed himself by helping the group against Negan.

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  3. Not sure; Still don't completely trust him.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I was really mad at D when he and Sherry stole Daryl's bike and crossbow. Then, the way he acted when he shot Denise...... I was really itching for someone to 'off' him. Once he came to soften toward Daryl at the Sanctuary, I began to see him a little differently. It's really been cool to see how his character has developed. Now that he appears to be solidly on the side of the good guys, what are your thoughts on him?

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Having read spoliers and the comics I'm a little bias on D.

Strictly from what we have seen so far I feel for him but dont trust him completely just yet. He did kill a few of his own and led them right into the trap yet he's kill a few Alexandrians really REALLY wanted to kill Daryl back in season 7.

Sooo I have to see more from him (which next week seems to be just that) to say he has redeemed himself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

It's hard to trust him. I don't think he wanted to do what he was doing. He was trying to survive and did everything he did for Sherry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think Dwight is one of the more interesting character. I love to see him replacing Tara as a full timer on the group. Him or Negan joining would be awesome since Tara is 50% lel funny memes and 50% Mad as hell. I do not find that very interesting how they turned the character.

Many speak of how bad TWD is now, but the actors are average to very good or interesting actors! I think it is the writing material that nose dived.

But I think Dwight, Carol, Morgan and even Negan if he becomes a staple member of some sort later on, are very interesting characters with depth and issues. Torn between good and evil in the classical sense that all of them are judge and executioner and need to step up for others a lot of times! Dwight for his wife and doing Negans biding, Carol and Morgan forced to protect by cold hard calculative wits and pure instinct driven skill, that perhaps just a mother and father have in desperate times beside their own devloped talents for combat. And they are all out of kids...

I think Dwight is somewhere along that, a desperate man who did anything to protect his wife. Dwight is all out of wife, so he do not care anymore about keeping on Negans good side and if someone can remove Negan he wins. Rosita is another character I think developed out of the angry girl box compared to Tara and she seems to be one of few who keep Dwight protected, I like her development too.

I usually like vengeance stories, like in GoT but I hope to see Dwight redeemed in the eyes of the others since he alone pretty much saved a lot of the non red-shirts by murdering his own group. By his own doing, placing a extremely weak block on the second side of Alexandria and leading them out of the sewers in time to avoid being taken by suprise. I think he will lead them to safety and get back to Alexandria and manage to trick Negan again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I started warming up to the idea of Dwight's redemption when it was evident how he was struggling / warring with himself over the torture of Daryl at the Sanctuary. The guy was battling with himself damn near 24/7.

My stone cold heart softened to Dwight in the Hostilities and Calamities episode. I LOVED the entire portion of that episode that focused on Dwight. We were given some insight into his relationship with Sherry. What he gave up of himself in order to save her, or what he perceived as the best way to save her.

Maybe I am naive but I trust that his heart and intentions are for the best at this point

And as excited as I am to meet *pause for a moment of swooning*......Tom Payne at Walker Stalker Chicago I am also very excited to meet Austin Amelio

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

For me, anyone like Dwight who went along with Negan for the sake of survival or out of fear is redeemable, especially if they actively try to redeem themselves like Dwight is doing. He is risking his life to help Rick's side.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I still don't think Dwight survives, but they are making his character interesting.

I believe he is on their side now, he wants to see the saviors fall. I would like to see a flashback to WHY he chose to go back to the saviors.

In my head cannon he was scared off when Daryl mentioned he had a community. Knowing that if it was really a good community either they were already under savior control or soon would be. So going there would only mean they would eventually be found. Also being hunted scared them and they realized that being with the saviors was safer than being against the saviors. His thought was to protect Sherry and he knew Negan wouldn't kill her. So going back was the smart play.

Either way I believe Dwight is on their side and I believe he sacrifices himself at some point to make amends and die a good person.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, I skipped most of S7, but I did watch "The Cell", and Dwight seemed to genuinely regret stealing food from Sanctuary's workers, killing his friend Gordon, and placing his turned corpse amongst the walkers outside Sanctuary, and finally, torturing Daryl.

Dwight was supposed to break Daryl, but I think Daryl wound up breaking Dwight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I trust him with the war. I think he has earned the right to not be executed. But he should be locked away or have to work to make up for what he’s done. Not be enslaved but work

Now if I was Tara he never would be freed from his cell and work duties.

If I’m Daryl at some point I would forgive him but it would take a long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I find Dwight to be a compelling character and always enjoy his scenes. Austin plays a troubled/conflicted, yet simple man very well.

On the other hand, I find Tara increasingly more annoying. She is unfortunately my least favorite character and her incessant need to kill Dwight isn't helping that. I understand her motivations, but they are so unbelievably selfish. If someone like Daryl can play it cool with Dwight, then you really got to ask yourself if you're making the right call.

Dwight is an asset right now, plain and simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Agree with ya. I liked her up until late (I still do but less). Granted we haven't seen her for a few episodes but she was (almost) in the same position as Dwight at one point and no one had that animosity towards her. I love Alanna she's funny and just adorable so nothing against her. I hope her character cools down a bit and becomes more likeable.

• Like Like x 1