Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poor T-dawg

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by mtamborra, Mar 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Come on writers...at least grant him the ability to make a K-turn

Risking a flat to make a U-turn? WTF is that?

2. Detritus

Detritus New Member

I agree. T-Dog needs a bigger presence - with any luck he'll come to the front in season 3. Since Shane's character wasn't very big in the graphic novels, it seems that the position of Tyrese is open to either Daryl or T-Dog. Daryl is a bad ass, but still too much of a loner.

3. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

There was some serious bad driving all the way across the board in tonight's finale..I was screaming at the TV so much, my wife had to go watch the show in the bedroom! LOL!

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

T-dog does not have any friends in the group, and the look on his face after he heard Rick confess he killed Shane for the good of the group is alarm and disgust, he will jump the ship if he has the chance

5. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

although this is my favorite show, they do have some writing slip ups from time to time, this scene was definitely one of them.

Rick: "I killed my best friend"

group: shocked faces

Rick: He hatched an elaborate plan to put a bullet in the back of my head so I had to kill him

group: ahh ok, pass the marshmallows please

Seriously, its like they ignored the fact he said he did it in self defense....horrible horrible writing...so if someone tries to kill you, and you kill them in self defense...how is that shocking?

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

That was such a poor me speech, I killed him for you guys! He is a threat to all you, not just me! That is so not true, Shane is a threat to Rick's family, that one is true, but he was never such a threat to other people, don't you really think others such as Daryl, Glenn, T-dog, Carol would view Shane as a threat? And besides, was the way Rick yelled to the group exactly the same what Shane would do?

7. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

it was lame of him to put it the way he did, espeically when it was such a simple concept "HE TRIED TO KILL ME SO I KILLED HIM, THE END"

Like i said, i think that whole scene was just poorly written

8. John2find

John2find Member

Shane got insane and accept that fact.
    Shane put down Otis to save his ass.
    Shane never went to find Sophia.

And had Shane alive in this episode, he would have put down few more so that he can run safely.
    Consider this.

Shane was mean and self centered. he made his mind that the world has been *ucked up and to survive herein you need to *uck others.
    Shane's first target would have been rick but no one (accept Lori) would have been safe if Shane was alive.

9. Gaius

Gaius Member

I actually liked T-dog's involvement tonight. He actually had some meaningful lines for once. He did have the right idea by heading east to the coast. Rick even agreed with it. His interaction tonight let me know that this man is serious about survival. His whole conversation with Lori in the truck while seemingly cold made sense in a situation like this. I would have probably kicked her out anyways and kept going. They're not going to make it to the coast,not yet at least, but still T-Dog is thinking straight. Hell, I even warmed up to Rick some tonight. Looks like he's finally getting it too. Yes, fortify some place man or head to the coast and look for a boat. Anything is better than what they did all season on that farm. Rick hell everyone may not be taking things for granted anymore.

I wouldn't want myself cornered in the "maximum security building" shown at the end they're apparently going to end up at, but at least that's better than their previous decisions. Maybe that "building" has some running water and enough food/supplies to last a while. Definitely safer than an open farm like they were on.

But I have a feeling we're getting more T-Dog in season 3 when or if a certain person shows up.

But concerning the U-turn he made, when I saw the turn T-Dog made I was like wtf too. But remember T-dog is a klutz. He thinks right but just falls short on execution. He drops valuable items down drains. He almost kills himself on a car door. He almost drinks bad well water. That's T-dog.

10. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

all good points, agree with all :)

11. DarlyDixon

DarlyDixon New Member

T-Dogg was trying to jump ship already, remember he told lori and beth that they were driving to the coast.

12. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

I find it disgusting that they're in Georgia and have only run across one black guy. Have you ever been to Georgia? To Atlanta!?

Then they give that guy the name of "T-dog." Seriously? I'm surprised they don't have him going around calling everybody "crackers" whilst wearing a bandana on his head holding a crack pipe. For the love of God, if you're only going to have one black character, make him or her a good one! Don't make him just an accessory to the show. And don't make HIM the one who doesn't want to join the group again with some plan to head "east."

T-dog needed some lines this season. I think that guy who got eaten in the RV had more lines, and I don't even know his name! Jeramy? Johnnie? Red-shrit McGee? He needed some reason to be there with the group, or he needed to be written out of the show. I honestly thought that's where they were going when they gave him that bad cut in the premier.

T-dog is one of the only characters that I like. I guess that's directly related to him being the only character who doesn't speak. Hopefully they give him a presence this next season. And I can't wait to see what Michonne is going to be like. It's about time that there were strong black characters in this show.

13. boutte

boutte Active Member

How about when he beat Carols husband half to death? Wanted to leave Sophia without searching for her? Shot Otis and left him for walker bait. Pointed that gun at Ricks head and didn't lower till Dale caught him?

14. boutte

boutte Active Member

Yeah Rick is a seriously bad public speaker.

15. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I like t-dog a lot. He should've kicked boney lori out of the car, or dropped her off at the next vehicl that functioned to go back to the farm and try to rescue her family.

16. Creepy

Creepy Member

I actually read this prior to watching the episode. Then I laughed out loud when I saw it.

17. padawanne

padawanne Member

I want to congratulate T-Dog because he somehow made himself useful again.

Regarding the poor me speech of Rick, yeah it was poorly written. Nonetheless, it fit Rick because Rick always has troubles conveying what he really feels.

18. padawanne

padawanne Member

LOL. Yeah :))

19. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

Jesus CHRIST, thank you! I swear, there were only 4 black zombies in Atlanta. I live in North Dakota, and the walker and human demographics suggest this show was filmed in my friggin backyard ten years ago. We were not exactly a cultural melting pot. But for fcks sake, I saw more black people in Iowa than I have in this show's version of Georgia.

I'm really hoping that, now that the dead weight characters have been trimmed, T-Dog will have an opportunity to step up. Once the group got to the farm, I understood the need for some of the minor characters (i.e. not Rick and Shane) to blend into the background a little, but now they've culled the herd and it's time for T to show what he's worth. I think there's potential for that to be a lot.

And I'm so with you. Ironheart -- friend -- I totally have your back on this. Why does Daryl ask him for a do-rag to wrap up Merle's hand? Why is the black guy the only one who doesn't have a grown-up name? It's bad enough that the female characters on this show have been so underused/underestimated, but shouldn't we be beyond this degree of stereotyping by now?

20. bobcrite

bobcrite New Member

"He should've kicked boney lori out of the car, or dropped her off at the next vehicl that functioned to go back to the farm and try to rescue her family."

If T-Dogg did that, Beth would probably follow and T-Dogg would be dead the next day. The guy is a weak character.