Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pop or Soda?

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by jackson04, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I wonder how this map would line up for the November 2016 elections. would be an interesting overlay.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What the hell is 80 to 100% of people in that isolated place in central New Mexico calling pop???

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The map is definitely accurate for my area. It claims 80 to 100% Pop, and that's correct. Very rarely does anyone call it anything other than pop in spoken language. Less than 1 out of 10 people I would say. And they are usually recent transplants. However, 'Pop' is not usually used in formal written form. For instance, in supermarket isles it is much more likely to be listed as 'Soda', or just 'Beverages'.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Wikipedia says some places simply say "drink," "cold drink," or even "tonic."

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Please give me Coke.

http://youtu.be/e6-B2TJN8UQ

6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

"Stay golden."

7. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Retirees. : )

8. Jesse James 247

Jesse James 247 New Member

I like Pop

I am from Canada & i Used to drink pepsi as a Child but then as a Adult i now drink coke more. i want a girlfriend to share my coke with : )

9. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Great map, but completely inaccurate for my area. Supposedly 80-100% of people in my county call it "coke", but in nearly 20 years here I can't think of a single time anyone has ever used that as the generic term. The natives around here call it soda, and the transplants call it pop.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This is completely off topic, but what is up with Ron Lambert and his anti-reputation bar?

Map looks accurate for my area. Also for places I've visited - I have had people in New Orleans ask me what kind of coke I wanted, using it as a generic term for pop (or soda, if you prefer).

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin7, I'm Jen7.

12. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I wonder if he's of the Michigan 7s?

13. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

Hi Jen7. Nice name. Mine rhymes. I happen to have a common full name. There was a congressman from Alaska and a state senator from Georgia with my full name. Why can't somebody make a mistake and send me one of their checks? Instead, years ago when landlines were prevelant, I would get angry calls from people wondering why I wasn't there roofing their house. I'm not a contractor, but shared a name with a guy who was from two towns over. Someone earlier had mentioned if I had tried to teach my kids "warsh" instead of wash. No. I'm not from Iowa (ba-dum ching) *crickets*

14. Driver'sSeat

Driver'sSeat New Member

I'm from the Midwest originally and it was pop. When I moved to the South, it was Coke. The museum of Coke is in Atlanta. I'll call it whatever Jesus calls it though.

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

haha...I feel ya on the common name! First name at least. I was "Jennifer #3" in my 2nd grade class. That will make a girl feel unique ;)

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I need a link to this map!!!!