Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poppa Bear

Discussion in 'Episode 916 - The Storm' started by Dnae, Apr 1, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Does anyone think that Daryl is also looking out for Lydia as a way to honor Henry? If they don't accept her, his sacrifice along with the others who died, is in vain. He takes her side, not just because he understands what she went through growing up but because he wants her to integrate with the community. That won't happen if everybody is giving her the stink eye. He takes the lead by visibly showing everyone he supports her.

• Like Like x 2
  2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

they overlooked Merle and took Daryl on his own merits, guess Daryl knows first hand you can't judge some one by their blood relations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's a very interesting way of looking at it and I can totally see that as the reason. Aside from the mutual past experience. I really love the way he acts and treats her. It feels like he really wants to take her in and cares about her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I think that's absolutely a huge part of it. Henry was willing to risk his life to save this girl, and in the end died because he wouldn't give up on her. Daryl might have been annoyed by Henry's reckless antics, but he also respected him for his selflessness and bravery.

To be honest, my main problem with the episode was that only Daryl and a few others seem to understand this and see the bigger picture. None of the deaths were Lydia's fault. Her cruel, crazy, abusive mother killed them. The one good thing that's happened was that they were able to save this young girl. And that's hugely down to Henry pushing for it.

It's the reason why Carol, and actually, all of them, should care for Lydia, because that's how they can honour Henry, and everyone else who lost their lives. I thought it was very much out of character for Alden to lay into her. He was always the wise one pointing out injustices when they were kept being prisoners at the Hilltop.

Daryl's doing a grand job putting everyone right with the smallest numbers of words.

Hi everyone, btw. First post, but have been reading your posts for a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. PepperAnn

Great first post. I completely agree they should be honoring Henry’s memory.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

Thank you, PeeperAnn. It's nice to talk to people who still love the show. Most of my friends have stopped watching. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Ugh, it sucks how many people gave up on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BlackBird

Right? Especially this season... it's been just so good. Not the best finale, but the rest was pretty much stellar, in my opinion.

9. PepperAnn

AND IT FLEW!!! I can't believe we were watching the gang ease a wagon down some stairs 16 episodes ago!

10. BlackBird

Doesn't it almost feel like it's been two seasons? So much happened. The first five episodes were like a mini season on their own. Then the post-Rick rest was so rich, it felt like a full season.
    Excellent casting with Magna's group, Judith and Lydia. So many new people we can easily love. And brilliant psychotic new villain. And snow!! What more could we possible want? Other then the silly sods to zip their coats up in a blizzard?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. PepperAnn

You're right! It does feel like two seasons. This season was jam packed with story and action and fun!!! And sadness....

What a roller coaster.

• Like Like x 1