Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Power Pills

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 2' started by Kill Judith, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Kill Judith

Kill Judith Member

How would that kid know about his Dad's plan to commit a family suicide? The way I took the scene was that the kid was taking Power Pills already. Like maybe his parent were giving him Flintstone vitamins or something and saying they were power pills and would make his safe.

2. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

The dad probably told the kids about the "power pills", suicide pill just doesnt have the same ring to it. and the kid took one to get "power" not knowing that the dad was planing on offing them all in the event they got swarmed. "better to die with family then with strangers" says it all, crazy is as crazy does.

3. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

They were taking vitamins...Then the little girl walked in on Nick.. who was not looking for pills but checking out the little globe when he found them. So the girl went and took one._ That's the way I saw it unfold._ true.. i did watch it on my phone while going to work.. so its worth another viewing.

as for the rest of the episode I have two issues..

One is madison... Bitch to the extreme... annoying as hell and wtf is her problem trying to save everyone? She is quickly becoming a bigger pain in the ass than Morgan lol. _ and the daughter didn't fall far from the tree.

My second issue is that everyone seemed ok basically kidnapping the kid. _ strand is right... kids are the effing definition of dead weight... although at least dead weight doesn't exactly work against you... Alicia and her pirates will be back next episode... there is no way they totally gave em the slip.

now that I think about it-- third issue with this episode is the ranger had a pretty chill set up. He could definitely have lived there for quite some time and yet, sends everyone out of the room when his little girl chomps the mom.. then what somehow the mom turns super quick, before he can stab the kid and then takes him out?_ dude... for a survivalist, I thought the way they wrote the attack seemed contrived and incomplete._ It was really fast, and seemed out of place for him to get taken out.

I think he should have taken out the kid, then the mom... perhaps getting done in while disposing of the bodies or whatever from a walker that made it through the fence... in fact.. if they had not patched the fence but made it a known issue, it could have served as the reason his little place got overrun.. which would have made more sense.

I want someone to die next episode... I want it to be from trying to save someone.. Like she pulls someone up from a raft and they end up stabbing the daughter or something. anything drastic to shock these women and the puss of all pusses father out of this whole trip of endangering the family for ideals._

there is nothing wrong with helping people, but you have to ensure your safety first... Not a single family/ group meeting about the rules of safety concerning other people, or talking on the radio.. nothing like that... its just nuts.

Strand has a plan, but why he thinks his friends/ business associates or whoever he is going to meet are still on the up and up I find perplexing.... he is going to find out that the group he is with may be slow mentally but at least they are not going to betray him. _ well...at least there are plenty of episodes left for this season to redeem itself.

4. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

When the boy was talking with the druggie about his dolls all having red dots on their foreheads did he not say something along the lines of when they come we take the pill???

5. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Madison is still coming to grips with what is going on. She sees a kid, she wants to save the kid. It's a natural instinct for parents. Three years on, she will still do the same thing.

As for survivor Dad, I don't think he wanted to survive as much as keep his family intact until they met their end. With that lil girl dying, then nom-noming on Mom, he saw it as he end of the family. He wasn't going to take out mom or the lil girl, he was waiting to get nom-nomed. The oldest son was more of the traditional SHTF survivor type as he was willing to take out mom and keep what little bit of family he had left intact.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes. Harry said the red forehead dot wouldn't happen to him because they would all take their power pills and then the family would be able to stay together. Harry has been prepared for his father's plans, but he trustingly doesn't understand the import.

To me, the dad had two intertwined behaviors going on. Both the sensible self-reliant/survivalist grow-your-own-vegetables ethos and the awful "let's all die together" sociopathy that puts dead families in the headlines. Even in the apocalypse, a mentally healthy parent will have the drive to ensure a child's safety, just as this mom did, since she actually understood the power pill plan. It's practically hardwired into our DNA.

7. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

I almost expected the older son to shoot the little boy on the dock in stead of the mom.

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That's terrifying! But, yeah, it would have fit the all-die-together plan his dad had been building into them.

I was thinking the Abigail could come back some episodes later and make this cove their base if they wanted to, since only the two sons are left. They would bring in supplies so the older son would welcome their return and continue his experience of this group being friendly, despite that little kidnapping incident. It does seem like a relatively safe spot of land.

9. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I thought it was unfortunate that the writers left this plot point too vague. At first viewing my impression was that the father was slowly poisoning his family and that this development justified Madison's wanting to take the kids away. But if the pill stash was for a last resort/no hope situation, then it's pretty f*cked-up that Nick's meddling caused the girl to discover the pills.

10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Madison is a busy-body who needs to pay more attention to saving her OWN children than meddling in other people's life and death choices. She went berserk and joined Salazar in torturing an innocent soldier who told them he did not need to be tortured to tell them where the quarantine facility was. She (and Travis) then joined Salazar in letting 2000 walkers out of the stadium, resulting in the ddeath of hundreds who would have been rescued --- but not Daniel's wife, who was too far gone. She's a moron -- she doesn't understand the hazards of rescuing people from an overturned sailboat, even if they weren't bad people. She thinks she has the right to kidnap a child. Meanwhile, she does jack-sh#t to control or monitor her still addicted son or her out to lunch daughter who has put them all in danger.

i'm sorry - I'm still a fan only of Strand. Bratty Chrs went up a notich in my book when he learned to kill walkers. The rest of them -- looks like it is going to take some serious death to snap them out of LALAl-land.