Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ppl behave surprisingly well depisote no law&order

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by wolffe, Mar 10, 2014.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

I'm just thinking about this show overall after tonights episode and I've realized people for the most part behave surprisingly well.

In real life, after the breakdown of law and order things like rapes, lawless massacres, mass looting, gang/mob warfare would be a reality from day 1. This "State of Nature" as philosopher John Locke expertly points out would infest every area of the land.

Think of the gross sludge that would spring up where criminals and psychopaths could roam free and even start their own mini-kingdoms.

I'm willing to bet local slavery would start up again and all sorts of horrors we "advanced" humans thought we extinguished from our planet years ago.

Although being "somewhat" realistic on the show, never forget that the real ZA would be literally a living hell. I'm very surprised the show hasn't featured more roaming gangs, cannibals, psychotic freaks or slaves. The theme they seem to chose for the show is "Dark, but not too dark".

I'm not sure what my post is actually trying to say, but lets dicuss realistic vs non-realistic ZA lol

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

There are some sick people out there. The Governor was one of them, and there are a lot more to come. The group's mostly been lucky so far.

3. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

The show focuses on a good natured group of survivors. If you paid attention to the show, you gpt the power hungry egomaniac that is The Governor, dangerous outsiders like Dave and Tony in Season 2 and recently, the marauders that encountered Rick and met Daryl this episode.

The OP acts like none of this happened on the show yet.

4. wolffe

wolffe Member

Sorry, I was high when I wrote it.

5. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

Frankly the fact that most people seem to be behaving in a reasonably civilized manner shouldn't surprise you. A lack of law and order won't turn the average person into a homicidal maniac if they weren't one before.
    And the fact that everyone is pretty much armed and there is no law and order means that if you're too much of a dick there's nothing to stop someone from shooting you in the head. So there's that...

6. txdoglover

txdoglover New Member

I think if you were a good person before the ZA, you'd still be one. Then the bad people will be out there, too, of course. I'd carry a big gun with lots of ammo and a sword. The gun for shooting the bad guys and the sword for the walkers. The hard part would be reading people right away before they snatch you up for whatever they want you for and either accepting them or killing them before they getcha. Come to think of it, I'd better get a sword each for me and my hubby, just so we have them in case of ZA.

7. txdoglover

txdoglover New Member

Then carry them everywhere we go, so we always have them on hand....
    some people would get it...

8. txdoglover

txdoglover New Member

Then carry them everywhere we go, so we always have them on hand....
    some people would get it...

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Slave are expensive. You have to feed them or they die. Its a luxury. As for rape, women dont hang out alone. They seem to find a good group they can trust. I dont think these issues will be widespread with such a low population left.