Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise 601 Wit Positivity 4 the 1st time or Again!

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It feels like 1000 tiny Eskimos shooting up and down my spine!!

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Sounds like an advertisement for a klondike bar.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

All that matters is this moment.

4. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what this thread is, but shall roll with it anyway.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this episode. It was terrible.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I thought the universal nudity was both organic and tasteful.

7. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Eugene's death was terrible. We should complain about it until they bring him back from the dead in the next episode.

8. WalkingBuckeye

I enjoyed the scene where Glenn brings Dickolas to the infirmary and discovers Tara's awake. His joy was such a delight to see, and Eugene was absolutely adorkable. And then the quiet when she asked someone to get Noah to protect her. I actually enjoyed the whole tdynamic b/c Glenn and Nick--who did in fact go a long way toward redeeming himself.

And I truly loved the conversation b/c Maggie and Tara, esp. the former's reference to when they were literally on the opposite sides of the fence on the "worst day of [Maggie's] life": "And now you're one of the most important people in the world to me." That was just beautiful: the symmetry and the simplicity were perfect.

9. Left4Jess

Left4Jess New Member

Carter got bitten. That made me laugh.

10. WalkingBuckeye

I may be in the minority here, but I liked the way Jessie interacted with Rick. She's right: Rick had excellent reasons for everything, including getting Ron the f**k away from the quarry (that he was about to run into). But Ron can't hear anything from Rick, no matter how valid the latter's points are. And no, he can't just grab people. He refers to his people as his family, but these people haven't agreed to be that. He sure as hell isn't Ron's step-father. I also like the way she handled the gun situation: she's on it; she's getting trained and then she'll train Ron. But Rick isn't going to start making any decisions for her.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Really liked the title of this episode. To me it wasn't just about the Rick and Morgan reunion. The whole show had a fresh feel to it, but with our old familiar characters.

12. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I am wondering if Ron may kill Deanna after hearing "give him to the trees". Push her to walkers from a look out post when she goes to look for Spencer? Or maybe we get comic Carol remixed and she commits suicide. She seemed very disheartened.

13. sheryden

sheryden Member

So many things I loved:

* Daryl-Rick interaction
    * Morgan catching on to Carol's happy homemaker cover
    * Eugene-Tara interaction
    * Abraham-Sasha interaction
    * The walker parade
    * Heath
    * Carol just being Carol
    * "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

It was a superb episode.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

One of my favorite scenes is the introduction of Heath! Loved the looks he (Heath) was giving Eugene.
    [​IMG]

Heath, Glenn and Nicholas at the tractor store. Heath is willing to get his hands messy. He may not like it, but he is willing. And I felt their oh crap moment when the metal door was behind the glass door. Glenn is really flexing his leadership skills. And Heath's side stab to the walker head was a great bit to show that some Alexandrians have what it takes

Sasha volunteering to go so that Daryl is not alone on the mission and Abe volunteering to go so that Sasha is "not white knuckling it alone" I did laugh that Sasha has her hazard lights on when they pass the fence where Rick, Michonne and Morgan are firing flare guns.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I actually liked the back and forth between the past (B&W) and present (color) time. Thought it was a clever way to distinguish between the two time frames.

The group around the table discussing the plan. Liked that Carter was included to be the voice of dissension, the one questioning each aspect of the plan. Liked that Eugene and Heath were included in the "round table" discussion. Hoping this means a lot of screen time from these characters.

Carol: "you and Daryl have been teaching me how to shoot" Rick: "I think you've got the hang of it" HA HA HA

The moment between Maggie and Tara. Was a sweet moment between the two to them

I have no qualms with Rick having the A-team try to tackle that small group of walkers while working on the diversion fence. Ricks family runs to save the day but Rick sees it as a learning opportunity, that in the end they failed at miserably. Further proof that as a whole, the A originals are ill equipped to survive.

Carter trying to start a coup against Rick, wanting to kill Rick. LOVED Rick's initial response to Carter, and the way he literally brings Carter to his knees. And of the course the speech!
    [​IMG]

And a favorite scene among my favorite scenes comes near the end with Abraham and Sasha and he asks her "are you doing this because you want to die" and the smile she gives him with the perfect timed pause before she responds with a simple "no". MY GIRL!!
    [​IMG]

The horn, that damn horn and the look of sheer terror on all their faces!!

Overall an episode that was very very enjoyable. Considering that these are the highlights of what I enjoyed the most and there are other smaller moments that were good, some great, but did not resonate with me such as the above listed. With all these highlights, while I still cannot give the episode a 10 it is still a solid 8 or 9 for me.

#14 Dnae, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Incredible post. I couldn't agree more with every highlight - and in such great detail and sentiment - that you went through so beautifully!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The Abraham scenes were good. They did a lot to connect me more with his character than all of last year put together. I also liked the scene where he talked about how Pete's head "exploded like Pompeii." Then he went on to say he thought he got a piece of his brain in his ear and laughed. It showed how completely desensitized Abe is to the new world. I also liked how Sasha didn't even flinch or react to the comment, like it was just another day in the Zombie Apocalypse. It also serves to draw a clear line between how hardened most of Rick's group is, in comparison to how soft most of the Alexandria people are.

I gave the episode a 9 as well. After watching the mediocre FTWD it makes me appreciate this show even more.

17. batongal

batongal Active Member

Best part for me was when Gabriel volunteered to help and without missing a beat Rick emphatically says, "No! Anybody else?" lol.
    Heath nice addition to the cast.
    The horn blowing is reminiscent to season 3 in the prison when Andrew catches them off guard and wrecks their shangri-la.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed FTWD and I believe it will only get better as they are able to delve more deeply into the meat of their story next season. With that said, while Travis showed some bad ass promise he will NEVER be RMFG Bad Ass level!!
    [​IMG]

19. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I didn't like their plan to deal with the quarry, but I really liked the idea of the quarry herd. It was great visually and offered a plausible explanation for how the ASZ people were able to get by for so long.

20. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

[MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] hit every point I was thinking of....I'll just wait for her to post, from now on and say ditto!

There was more comic relief than I thought there would be- Morgan/Michonne, Rick/Morgan, Eugene/Tara, Eugene/Heath, Eugene & the pantry shelves.

I loved the references back to old episodes- Glenn delivering pizzas, Rick,Morgan & Michonne.

Rick introducing Judith to Morgan.

I had strange salty discharge from my eye area when Tara & Maggie had their talk.