Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise and Positive Vibes Thread 5-13

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Dnae, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

A place for praise and compliments regarding this weeks episode. Tell us all the good things you liked about the episode.

No negativity, criticisms or complaints in here, please! Also NO Back-handed compliments (eg: "I loved not seeing Beth") - NO BOASTFUL or GLOATING comments either please (eg: "I love that Beth died/got slapped" etc)...

So do go there or any other number of other threads relevant to your topic, or start your own topic. Please allow us to have this ONE topic for good vibes and fun and keep this a cool place for people who just want to see positive posts. Okay?

Tell us what moments you enjoyed tonight!

Your Favourite Interactions between characters.
    Favourite Action.
    Favourite Walker, or Walker Kill.
    Favourite Quotation.

Go!

2. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Daryl chowing down and slurping that spaghetti like it's ***** and it's so damn good.

3. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I liked the "bang ur head" walkers Daryl took out muchin on the horse.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Daryl & Aaron - great dialogue between the two of them. Aaron was the perfect choice to take a crack at Daryl's walls.

The party scene with Sasha's flashbacks.

Queen Bitch Carol & the monsters outside the fence.

Daryl's humbled and softened response to Aaron's job offer.

5. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

every word Carol said to Sam. I wish my memory was better because i forget most of it but omg that moment was incredible. I love what's been happening with Carol's character. She's beginning to find the balance between timid, stockholm syndrome Carol and psychotic teach-kids-to-use-knives-burn-people-alive prison Carol. The way that she's plugged herself into the community and seems to be enjoying herself while still retaining her edge is brilliant.

6. Something2Fear

My favorite parts (in no particular order):

Michonne in uniform :D
    Scary epic Carol
    All the interactions between the characters at Deanna's party
    Daryl having dinner with Aaron and Eric & when Daryl accepts Aaron's job offer

7. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Every scene with Carol and every scene with Daryl/Aaron deserve praise. I love the Daryl and Aaron friendship so so much.

8. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

#8 Johnnie Walker, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Loved every scene with Daryl and Aaron. I am hoping that this pairing is not a ruse.

Carol - Duh!!!

Enjoyed seeing Carl have some light moments with kids his age

Sasha, I always love her and I for one was cheering her on when she blew her fuse at the party

I really liked the scene with Abe and Michonne. Was nice to see two characters together that we have not really seen prior to

While I did not enjoy how Rick behaved at the party, I did enjoy looking at Rick at the party - DAMN he looked yummy delish!!

Did I mention Carol? I was laughing my ass off during her bedtime story to Sam!

Rick at the wall, that was creepy in a 'what the hell????' kind of way

10. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

My favourite parts were definitely Daryl and Aaron. I really like the parallels there that Aaron was talking about, how they are both seen as sort of outcasts in society and people have had to get used to them and accept them in their own time and ways.

Poor Sasha just broke my heart this episode. Chick needs therapy. Maybe some meds. Amazingly acted by Sonequa Martin-Green. Very powerful!

Loved Michonnes little moments, hanging up her sword - literally. Also loved her conversation with the slightly intoxicated Abraham who was preaching better than Gabriel ever could. I was worried they would make him the drunken buffoon, but they didn't and I am SO glad. Well played by these two actors, as well.

I liked the little moment of Noah, and Maggie and Glenn being supportive. That was sweet to see. But why the Hell Tara and Eugene, or the Father weren't there at all - is beyond me.... The only thing that makes sense is Gabriel officiating the secret wedding of T and E at the same time... amirite [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]. lol.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

That is definitely what happened! lol

12. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

That was brilliantly handled IMO.

13. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I re-watched, and it enjoyed it more than the first time despite still having issues with something I've already talked about.

I did like Aaron and Daryl's scenes a lot. It's nice to see them connect, and Aaron was able to get Daryl a job. Ross Marquand is playing the role well and a huge reason why I am really enjoying Aaron's character a lot. Aaron really seems to get Daryl and the group more than anyone in the Safe Zone. I like it. I would like for him to be a long term supporting character on the show.

I loved every Sasha scene this episode. Her sequence at the beginning when Olivia awkwardly mentioned eating leg, her wanting to be the lookout in the tower (and wow, just like in the comics, Alexandria is naive enough to believe that they don't need a lookout) and her at the party. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Sasha being in this state of mind after her scene with Maggie in 5-10, but it really makes sense now. She lost Bob, saw Beth gunned down and lost Tyreese in the span of like, 19 days or so, and these people are just so sheltered and oblivious of what is going on out there that she just can't take it. I totally get why she feels that way. She's become one of my favourites this season. Love her.

Maggie is all cleaned up! I love it. Rosita also looked great at the party and I didn't even recognize her at first.

Also liked Michonne hanging up the sword. QBC was also awesome this episode, from playing Tobin like a fiddle, and her scene with Sam. Poor Sam is the only one who seems to realize what Carol is really like.

14. Prufrock

Aaron is really hitting it out of the park for me. Ross is doing an awesome job with this role. Anyone that can make Daryl's chin quiver, is a character to keep.

Poor Sasha. Loved all of her scenes, too. The montage of the celebration at FG's church lined up with the cocktail party was very interesting.

i liked that Michonne hung it up, above the mantle. She didn't wrap it up and put it in a closet. It's there. She can move on- it's still there, if need be. She seems to understand that "moving on" doesn't necessarily mean erasing the past.

15. BatmansHooker

Y'know, I've always been indifferent to Aaron in the comics. Didn't dislike him, never really liked or cared about him. Ross Marquand's playing the character well and actually making him likeable. I don't know if it's the way Aaron's written or just Ross and his natural charm, but he just seems like a good guy who is very easy to like.

Of all the new characters, he's my favourite. Maybe my favourite newbie since Tara.

16. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

He is still behind Eugene for me (since Tara), but other than that, he beats everyone else.

17. BatmansHooker

I only put him ahead of my good buddy Eugene because Geney-boi hasn't had a lot of screen time since like, forever. :(

18. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

I'm new here, so I apologize if this is a dumb question. But why is the Complaints thread pinned each week but the Praise thread isn't? It should be!

Oh, and I ditto what was said...I *love* Aaron - love the way he's written and I agree that Ross has a very natural charm. Loved his interactions with Daryl, and the parallels that can be drawn between Daryl and Buttons.

19. Prufrock

Welcome to the forum!

The Praise & Positivity thread was started by [MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION] at the beginning of S5(?). It is still relatively new. I think it's easier to complain about something, than to take the time to post something positive...yelp reviews, anyone? It's been a great place to connect after an episode & I believe it should be stickied at the top.

I agree about Aaron...*swoon* I wasn't expecting the character to be this well played- and I'm glad that I was wrong. I'm looking forward to his interactions with Daryl & the rest of our group.

20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Good point! I suspect the Complaints thread is always posted at or near the very top so that it's easy for the complainers to find and, thus, this keeps the starting of negative threads to a minimum. But yes, it would be nice to see the Positivity thread pinned too. :)